Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriot Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Interesting thing just happened to me. Went to one of my usual WMs to load GB and sure enough the kiosk is out of commission. Stood in the MC line since it was short and when I got to the register, handed over my GB card and asked to load. The CS rep then asked if I was using a Visa GC. I had already begun to take it out of my pocket so I couldn't pull a switch and therefore showed it to her, after which she said that they weren't allowed to accept them anymore. I told her that I had done this many times before (with her even) and she said it was new.

Left the store and headed to another WM a short drive away and again, the kiosk was down. MC line was long so just went to the cashiers and loaded GB with no problem.

Not sure if this means anything, but thought I'd share my experience with you all.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mozart23
Interesting thing just happened to me. Went to one of my usual WMs to load GB and sure enough the kiosk is out of commission. Stood in the MC line since it was short and when I got to the register, handed over my GB card and asked to load. The CS rep then asked if I was using a Visa GC. I had already begun to take it out of my pocket so I couldn't pull a switch and therefore showed it to her, after which she said that they weren't allowed to accept them anymore. I told her that I had done this many times before (with her even) and she said it was new.

Left the store and headed to another WM a short drive away and again, the kiosk was down. MC line was long so just went to the cashiers and loaded GB with no problem.

Not sure if this means anything, but thought I'd share my experience with you all.
Kiosk at my WM was also down tonight. First time I've seen this one down (contrary to the other WMs in town where I've never seen a working kiosk). I didn't have any problem at the front desk, but was only comfortable loading my card instead of the two I had planned.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FT2013
Kiosk at my WM was also down tonight. First time I've seen this one down (contrary to the other WMs in town where I've never seen a working kiosk). I didn't have any problem at the front desk, but was only comfortable loading my card instead of the two I had planned.
The Kiosk I have been using been screwy since it was updated with the BB button/update... It's been out of order for 2 weeks now,
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:54 am

I know some people have been buying the maximum number of five $500 gift cards at a time from Chase. This max purchase requires providing your SSN and birthday. I find this kind of funny since there's so much paranoia on the CVS VR thread about about unwanted scrutiny by providing ID and SSN etc.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by flyerred
I know some people have been buying the maximum number of five $500 gift cards at a time from Chase. This max purchase requires providing your SSN and birthday. I find this kind of funny since there's so much paranoia on the CVS VR thread about about unwanted scrutiny by providing ID and SSN etc.
The difference is Chase already has your SSN while CVS does not.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by lad2
The difference is Chase already has your SSN while CVS does not.
Wouldn't the 5x$500 GC purchase from Chase trigger the same sort of financial reporting that people are concerned about at CVS with the VR for purchases over $1K?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by flyerred
Wouldn't the 5x$500 GC purchase from Chase trigger the same sort of financial reporting that people are concerned about at CVS with the VR for purchases over $1K?
Not sure what specific reporting you're talking about. But for CVS, only ID and not SSN is required for 1K+ purchases.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat
Can someone recommend a non Walmart location to purchase Money Orders with Chase GC? I am based in NYC and don't have a Walmart. Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by jbwiggins
Can someone recommend a non Walmart location to purchase Money Orders with Chase GC? I am based in NYC and don't have a Walmart. Thanks
Post office? Any grocery stores?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:09 pm

Post office DOES NOT work, that has been stated here many times already. The grocery stores work well, if they accept debit cards, but only visa. Most MC will not work in grocery stores
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tsmith12
If you read this thread you would know this. Post office does not work, o problems at Grocery stores
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
No luck with either. Basically the card is only useful at Walmart (and I don't go to Walmart). Or perhaps tax payments for a flat debit fee.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ctbarron
I did load 2 CGC's to Gobank tonight at the register with no issue.
Had some questions as I'm not that familiar with the GOB - how to load. I usually load my bbird at the wally-money center. Can I go there to load my GOB or must it be done at register?

Thanks for any info
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:12 pm

Besides Walmart, what are other inexpensive places that issue Money Orders?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Squeezer
Besides Walmart, what are other inexpensive places that issue Money Orders?
HEB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.