Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
thanks for the heads up.

Im instructed to call chase fraud tomorrow. sigh. i will give you guys all an update.
My guess: Too fast, too much, too soon.
Better think up good justification for buying all those, besides points.

Suggestion: Grocery store that doesn't accept CC, but does take debit (this is actually true in my city). If you're a family of 3-4, $1000+ in groceries a month is not abnormal. And of course your SO would need some also, because you both do the shopping...

Definitely plz report back. Esp. any kind of admonishments or warnings they give you. Just be interesting to read.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:47 pm

Any issues with buying chase gcs and then using them to pay off the same chase card via bb bill pay?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by toothfilla
Any issues with buying chase gcs and then using them to pay off the same chase card via bb bill pay?
sigh.... this has been talked about in this thread as well as the Manufactured spend forum here on FT. Read grasshopper, read.....
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
yes, its called money laundering - you will be prosecuted to fullest extent of the law
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
yes, its called money laundering - you will be prosecuted to fullest extent of the law
Thanks for the help
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:54 pm

Thanks for the help
Money Laundering is obtaining money illegally. The term used is not correct. There's nothing wrong with paying back through BlueBird, it's just not advisable.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ftmember99
Money Laundering is obtaining money illegally. The term used is not correct. There's nothing wrong with paying back through BlueBird, it's just not advisable.
thanks Captain Obvious! Let me introduce you to General Sarcasm.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:00 pm

I've been loading my BB through WM for about 2 months and today for the first time a cashier in customer service asked me for my ID after I asked her to load my second BB. I usually do this once a week w/ two cards. When the CS started "entering" my information I asked her if it was new policy and she didn't look at me, but nodded her head "no"..There was another cashier who's helped me before and she asked her about it also but she didn't look at her either but nodded that she had to do it...

Has anybody had this experience before? I just made sure she didn't write my information down and hopefully didn't memorize my information to steal it...It was just weird.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:03 pm

thanks Captain Obvious! Let me introduce you to General Sarcasm.
Oh ok, I thought you were just being ignorant and I didn't want to be rude to state the obvious.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...There's nothing wrong with paying back through BlueBird, it's just not advisable.
I don't see any problem with doing so.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:25 pm

No it's not.
Money laundering is the process of concealing the source of large amounts of money that have been gained through illegitimate means
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:26 pm

People have been leery in using BB to pay off AMEX because of the obvious relationship.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
People have been leery in using BB to pay off AMEX because of the obvious relationship.
this thread is called "chase gift cards", or were you able to buy chase GC with amex?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:36 pm

this thread is called "chase gift cards", or were you able to buy chase GC with amex?
No, it was just meant as a reply to the comments about not wanting to use BB for Chase cards.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I've been loading my BB through WM for about 2 months and today for the first time a cashier in customer service asked me for my ID after I asked her to load my second BB. I usually do this once a week w/ two cards. When the CS started "entering" my information I asked her if it was new policy and she didn't look at me, but nodded her head "no"..There was another cashier who's helped me before and she asked her about it also but she didn't look at her either but nodded that she had to do it....
Yes, this happened to me once also. I was loading $1000 onto BB at the Money Center using debit cards. Although I've done the exact same type of transaction previously, one clerk asked for my ID. I was surprised, and told her that this had not even been needed before. Her answer was this was WalMart policy, and that it was nothing new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.