Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
In this thread, go back to post 1262. Keep reading beyond that - there are quite a few later comments.

You may also want to read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erk-abuse.html

It's all about hogs versus pigs. There is an old saying: "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." Usually I hear that expression when people are talking about taking income tax deductions. There's another expression about flying under the radar. These sayings may also apply to dealings with Chase.
Note that poster, besides buying Chase GCs, was also doing $6000/mo. in non-Chase GCs, and not much else. Given this one muddied case versus all the data points that say buying the max allowed in Chase GCs each month has caused no trouble, there is clearly not enough for correlation, much less causation.

People should do what they feel comfortable with. I feel comfortable with $2600 in Chase GCs each month on each of my cards, with additional non-GC spending. Chase wants us to buy their product.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thesolution
In the Wiki it states:

So if I'm understanding it correctly, the last GC I purchase on a particular Chase card that reaches $2600 for that month, say on the 15th of August. I wouldn't be able to purchase anymore until at least the 15th of September, correct?
No, each purchase is rolling -- if you used one CC to purchase $2000 of GCs on the 10th and bought the remaining $600 of GCs on the 15th, you'll be able to purchase $2000 more with that CC on or about the 10th of the next month, and then another $600 about the 15th.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by prasha11
same happened to me yesterday, after few attempts it worked, I think some glitch in the system
do you know how long it took? Its been "status unknown" to activate my card the entire day. Maybe its because its sunday...im not sure.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:30 pm

I logged online for the gift card status and it says: PFRAUD.

I have a feeling that since we just opened up a credit card and used gift cards to buy them, they probably want to verify her. sigh thats fine. the wife just hates talking to customer service reps. Especially when it comes down to me buying stuff for points.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
do you know how long it took? Its been "status unknown" to activate my card the entire day. Maybe its because its sunday...im not sure.
failed 3 consecutive attempts waited about 10 min and it worked
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:15 pm

is there anyway to get these shipped to NJ? i know the website says they don't support mailing giftcards to NJ.

I work in NY and i can't even get this shipped to NY as it wont match my billing address

I can't find VR anywhere, now this....MS doesn't look good in NYC area....anyone tips to find VR in north jersey or NYC? Feel free to PM me if you wish... thanks
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by ranjanrocks
is there anyway to get these shipped to NJ? i know the website says they don't support mailing giftcards to NJ.

I work in NY and i can't even get this shipped to NY as it wont match my billing address

I can't find VR anywhere, now this....MS doesn't look good in NYC area....anyone tips to find VR in north jersey or NYC? Feel free to PM me if you wish... thanks
go to your chase account and change the billing address to someone/where you trust...
shipping GCs to my bro.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
go to your chase account and change the billing address to someone/where you trust...
shipping GCs to my bro.
thanks! i will try that...
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know what fees Chase has to pay Visa/MC for each of these transactions? I know that Chase keeps part of the transaction fees for all CC transaction on their CCs. I'm curious because I'm wondering how much it costs Chase.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Bottom line: Chase is winning. Almost all of our spend now is going onto Chase cards. The only other card getting used sometimes is the SPG account (I recently used over 80K SPG to reserve a hotel in Venice for next year, so I would love to replenish the SPG points, but this will have to wait). Citi is in the drawer. B of A is in the drawer.
My two go to cards are CSP and SPG, however, I do use my IHG card when I do my manufactured spend for Fuel Points at Fry's (Krogers) since I get 2x points there.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Does anyone know what fees Chase has to pay Visa/MC for each of these transactions? I know that Chase keeps part of the transaction fees for all CC transaction on their CCs. I'm curious because I'm wondering how much it costs Chase.
What difference does it make if it's a GC or a branded card (e.g. Ink)? Either way, they're making money.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriot Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Not sure how helpful this is, but I activated five (5) cards today with no problems, so I don't think it's due to the fact that it was a Sunday.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:08 pm

Thinking of getting some Chase GC using my Ink Bold to meet minimum spend. 1) notice on the GC site can only apply for 1 card at a time, so if need to get 4 x $500 cards, does it mean having to do the whole process 4 times? Or is there any easier way of getting multiple cards all at once?

2) on the area where enter info for GC recipient, do I enter my own name as it will be for myself to use or do all of you actually put in someone else's name. Just seem strange sending a GC to yourself ?

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phantomtiger
Thinking of getting some Chase GC using my Ink Bold to meet minimum spend. 1) notice on the GC site can only apply for 1 card at a time, so if need to get 4 x $500 cards, does it mean having to do the whole process 4 times? Or is there any easier way of getting multiple cards all at once?

2) on the area where enter info for GC recipient, do I enter my own name as it will be for myself to use or do all of you actually put in someone else's name. Just seem strange sending a GC to yourself ?

Thanks
1) Yes, you must fill out the form 4 times, and then a 5th time for the payment info.
2) I enter my own name. Chase even mentions purchasing a GC for yourself somewhere in their blurbs, so they don't care. No need to be dishonest.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by mozart23
Not sure how helpful this is, but I activated five (5) cards today with no problems, so I don't think it's due to the fact that it was a Sunday.
thanks for the heads up.

Im instructed to call chase fraud tomorrow. sigh. i will give you guys all an update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.