Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Happy
WRONG.

Only after he registered the temp card, he would then get a permanent card by mail.

When OP registered his store-bought card on MyVanilla website, he has to set up a PIN himself in the registering process. Therefore no PIN would come or to set with the permanent card which by the way, does not have the same number as the temp card.

Meanwhile, he could just use his temp card like any other debit card to pay for things purchased.
The point was card has pin ! The OP has registered the card and since I do not have the card I would not knkw how the pin is set up. All prepaid cards follow different procedure
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:38 am

quick question, can i do bill payment to my home loan bank to their PO Box address through bluebird bill pay. I am sure it should be fine, but just wanted to get quick confirmation.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse
quick question, can i do bill payment to my home loan bank to their PO Box address through bluebird bill pay. I am sure it should be fine, but just wanted to get quick confirmation.

should be fine with no dots from what I understand.

i have done this, using PO (not P.O.) and it has worked just fine.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero
That clerk probably figures he'll get the Employee of the Year award, which will totally impress the chicks in his trailer park.
LOL!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:55 am

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I did start reading the thread after my last post (Jan 27), as well as MMS blogs. But, I did not finish reading all 484 pages or so. Didn't saw VR at CVS and OD, so started spending less time reading this thread, thinking that I am late to the game. Well, yesterday, I saw rack full of VR's at my CVS, and thought, wow Jackpot . Was planning to buy 2-3 cards, but then thought, let me just try with one first. In my excitement at seeing so many VRs, I forgot that it is not the right card, well lesson learnt.

supergrandslam is exactly right about how my card looks.

ddallas: I will definitely take the picture with me next time, but I dont think I will buy the wrong card next time

Happy: I did register the card, and should get the permanent card by mail in 7-10 days.

I am reading this thread, but still want to ask one question. Hope you understand that it will take a while to read all 484 pages, but in the meantime, can I load BB with this debit card at walmart store? My understanding from the reading I have done so far is that, reload done at walmart using the debit card is free, but online incurs a fee of $2, with a daily limit of $100. I think I read somewhere in this thread (or was it MMS) that one can load up to $500 at Walmart using debit card. Is that true, or I am messing up again?

Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by punjabi2
I am reading this thread, but still want to ask one question. Hope you understand that it will take a while to read all 484 pages, but in the meantime, can I load BB with this debit card at walmart store? My understanding from the reading I have done so far is that, reload done at walmart using the debit card is free, but online incurs a fee of $2, with a daily limit of $100. I think I read somewhere in this thread (or was it MMS) that one can load up to $500 at Walmart using debit card. Is that true, or I am messing up again?
Yes, you can load BB with a debit card (PIN transaction) at Walmart for free and the load limit is not specifically set, which means $1000/day combining with other loads such as VR.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I did start reading the thread after my last post (Jan 27), as well as MMS blogs. But, I did not finish reading all 484 pages or so. Didn't saw VR at CVS and OD, so started spending less time reading this thread, thinking that I am late to the game. Well, yesterday, I saw rack full of VR's at my CVS, and thought, wow Jackpot . Was planning to buy 2-3 cards, but then thought, let me just try with one first. In my excitement at seeing so many VRs, I forgot that it is not the right card, well lesson learnt.

ddallas: I will definitely take the picture with me next time, but I dont think I will buy the wrong card next time

Happy: I did register the card, and should get the permanent card by mail in 7-10 days.

Thanks everyone.
You don't need to read 484 pages of anything. All the answers to your questions are on the Bluebird website:

Here: https://bluebird.com/faqs/#deposit-money

And here: https://bluebird.com/faqs/#fees-and-limits

Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by NecessaryIndulgences
You don't need to read 484 pages of anything.
...and if you change your settings, it won't be 484 pages.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone.
You need to get your "terminology" straight.

When people mentioned VR - it is specifically referred to Vanilla Reload that the picture of it is shown in MMS's write-up which hopefully you have finally understand what it is.

The black card you have is not referred to VR - since there is no word of "Reloadable" on the card itself! It has its own name, printed right on the card, and people refer it just by the first letter of each word to prevent confusion.

So before you even go further into the venture, PLEASE get your concepts straight else you may have more stumbles down the road, not to mention unable to fully grasp what is discussed here and else where.

When you receive your perm card you would need to activate it. Once it is activated, everything on your temp card would transfer over to the perm card automatically.

Do remember Each Transaction on the black card you have, would cost you $0.50, directly deducted from the account balance the next day.

Loading BB at WMT using a PIN based debit card does not cost you anything at the BB / WMT side, but it is up to $1000 a day and $5000 a month as a COMBINED amount from all funding sources other than from the linked bank account. Please understand this and not go overboard.

You really should read the FAQs of BB, Vanilla Reloadable AND My Vanilla Debit Card instead of the whole contents of this thread. All you need to know how these things work are in the FAQs of the providers' site. This thread provides data points on actual experiences of using functions of the cards, particularly the bill pay which by now you should have understand which area it works well and which area may have hiccups.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:58 am

Thanks Happy. As I read more and grasp better, I hope I will have my "terminology" straight

You mentioned that each transaction on my black card would cost $0.50. I get that, thanks. Let's say, I am able to transfer all $500 from this black card to BB at WMT using my PIN, then there is no balance on the black card. Then, they cant charge me anything, correct?

I am at work, so dont have time to read as much as I would like, that is why I am asking. Hope learned members will give some time to a newbie to grasp and raise his level

Do remember Each Transaction on the black card you have, would cost you $0.50, directly deducted from the account balance the next day.

Loading BB at WMT using a PIN based debit card does not cost you anything at the BB / WMT side, but it is up to $1000 a day and $5000 a month as a COMBINED amount from all funding sources other than from the linked bank account. Please understand this and not go overboard.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Happy. As I read more and grasp better, I hope I will have my "terminology" straight

You mentioned that each transaction on my black card would cost $0.50. I get that, thanks. Let's say, I am able to transfer all $500 from this black card to BB at WMT using my PIN, then there is no balance on the black card. Then, they cant charge me anything, correct?

I am at work, so dont have time to read as much as I would like, that is why I am asking. Hope learned members will give some time to a newbie to grasp and raise his level
DONT DO THAT.

The first thing and most important thing you do when dealing with ANY financial institution is NOT to owe them money that you legitimately OWE them.

The transaction fee and MANY other fees are all in the FAQs. By registering your card you affirm that you would be bound by the service' T&Cs. So dont pull such crap that "I do not know."

Sheesh, $0.50 is such a small sum do you want to scam My Vanilla by not paying for that and risk some black mark on your records? Seriously!

If you want to get rid of the card, then load $499.50 and then after the $0.50 is charged, call to CLOSE the account. Because there would be fee if you are inactive for 3 months in a row.

You have a loooong way to go and much to learn if you want to participate in miles/points collection game ... First and Upmost is NOT to pull Scams!

Read the FAQs before you jump in any "deal" so not to get yourself into more trouble in future. Enough hand-holding from now.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 11, 2013 at 12:21 pm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the hand-holding, Happy!! Really appreciate your help and time in making a newbie come to terms with this game.

I agree with you about not owing any money to any financial institution that I legitimately OWE them. That is why I have a great credit score.

The only reason I asked was I see mention in WF card thread, where there is a $3 monthly fee, and people mention that they drain all the money before the bank charges fee, so I thought that may be experts here do the same with this card too..

I will try transferring $499.50 to BB today, and see how it goes.

Thanks once again.

DONT DO THAT.

The first thing and most important thing you do when dealing with ANY financial institution is NOT to owe them money that you legitimately OWE them.

The transaction fee and MANY other fees are all in the FAQs. By registering your card you affirm that you would be bound by the service' T&Cs. So dont pull such crap that "I do not know."

Sheesh, $0.50 is such a small sum do you want to scam My Vanilla by not paying for that and risk some black mark on your records? Seriously!

If you want to get rid of the card, then load $499.50 and then after the $0.50 is charged, call to CLOSE the account. Because there would be fee if you are inactive for 3 months in a row.

You have a loooong way to go and much to learn if you want to participate in miles/points collection game ... First and Upmost is NOT to pull Scams!

Read the FAQs before you jump in any "deal" so not to get yourself into more trouble in future. Enough hand-holding from now.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:33 pm

You really should read the FAQs of BB, Vanilla Reloadable AND My Vanilla Debit Card instead of the whole contents of this thread.
+1000.

Punjabi2, seriously, you need to slow down and listen to what people are saying. At this point, I'm half-convinced you are just trolling the thread for laughs. But if you are legitimately interested in playing this game, STOP READING THIS THREAD. Read the VR and BB websites thoroughly before you do anything else.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:47 pm

sk8uno: I am reading the FAQ's now.

But, still wanted to reply to everyone that posted in response to my questions, so that I dont appear as a troll..one post question or something. If I was in this thread for laughs, why would I make fun of myself?

Enough said, out to read FAQ's again

Originally Posted by sk8uno
+1000.

Punjabi2, seriously, you need to slow down and listen to what people are saying. At this point, I'm half-convinced you are just trolling the thread for laughs. But if you are legitimately interested in playing this game, STOP READING THIS THREAD. Read the VR and BB websites thoroughly before you do anything else.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Not everyone is cut to play the miles and points game. It requires time, effort, $$$ and a sound knowledge of the programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.