Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Artemk
Unless you don't have all the digits...
I'm assuming if you did this directly in front of the cashier that they would refund you, even though their policies state otherwise.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:44 pm

Need help:

So, I bought a reloadable vanilla at the drugstore for the first time today. Registered it at myvanilla and now will get a card in mail in 7-10 days. I was told by vanilla rep that I can use the card as a debit card meanwhile. Reading online, it appears that I can use the card bought today at vanillareload.com to load BB directly (read it on milevalue blog). But, when I go to this site to load, it asks for 10 digit PIN number from your Vanilla Reload Network Card. But, I dont see 10-digit PIN anywhere. Can someone help me how can I load my BB with this vanilla?

Also, I read that due to fraud, people are recommending to scratch off and redeem immediately after buying before leaving the store. How do you do that? Dont we need to register this reloadable card first?

BB site mentions that adding money from a Debit Card with $100 daily limit is $2 (per load). Is there a way to avoid this fee? If not, then how is this worth it?

I am sorry for all these newbie questions, I have read several pages in this thread, but still things are not clear.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by punjabi2
Need help:

I am sorry for all these newbie questions, I have read several pages in this thread, but still things are not clear.

Thanks in advance.
Go to http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/1...ress-bluebird/ to see if that answers your questions.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:20 pm

Thanks deant, but my vanilla doesn't have a scratch here thing (or maybe it was already scracthed

There are 10 digits there where it should be according to your link (as I mentioned above, already scratched or may be they come like that, I dont know, first time buying these), but when I enter my BB number and that 10-digit PIN, it says, card not found. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:29 pm

Thanks deant, but my vanilla doesn't have a scratch here thing (or maybe it was already scracthed

There are 10 digits there where it should be according to your link (as I mentioned above, already scratched or may be they come like that, I dont know, first time buying these), but when I enter my BB number and that 10-digit PIN, it says, card not found. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks.
So your card looks like this one with the scratch off exposing the 10 digit PIN where the yellow bar is in the picture?
http://millionmilesecrets.com/wp-con...s-Bluebird.jpg
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:49 pm

Need help:

So, I bought a reloadable vanilla at the drugstore for the first time today. Registered it at myvanilla and now will get a card in mail in 7-10 days. I was told by vanilla rep that I can use the card as a debit card meanwhile. Reading online, it appears that I can use the card bought today at vanillareload.com to load BB directly (read it on milevalue blog). But, when I go to this site to load, it asks for 10 digit PIN number from your Vanilla Reload Network Card. But, I dont see 10-digit PIN anywhere. Can someone help me how can I load my BB with this vanilla?

Also, I read that due to fraud, people are recommending to scratch off and redeem immediately after buying before leaving the store. How do you do that? Dont we need to register this reloadable card first?

BB site mentions that adding money from a Debit Card with $100 daily limit is $2 (per load). Is there a way to avoid this fee? If not, then how is this worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
You bought the wrong card. Vanilla makes more than one product, and you did not buy the correct one. Read the Million Mile Secrets post deant linked you to, read the BB FAQ, and read the vanillareload.com FAQ, and then you'll have a better idea of what to do.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need help:

So, I bought a reloadable vanilla at the drugstore for the first time today. Registered it at myvanilla and now will get a card in mail in 7-10 days. I was told by vanilla rep that I can use the card as a debit card meanwhile. .
You most likely bought the WRONG Vanilla card.

The Vanilla Reloadable card that is used to load BB does not required register online and in fact cannot do so.

The link deant sent you should give you more than enough information to determine whether you have purchased the correct card.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 10, 2013 at 6:08 pm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:03 pm

I have read several pages in this thread, but still things are not clear.
Roughly 480 pages left for you to read.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Roughly 480 pages left for you to read.
True. The amazing thing, though, is that one does not even need to read a single page of this thread to use the product. People seem to forget that, unsurprisingly, the companies that offer these products maintain their own websites (e.g. www.bluebird.com, www.vanillareload.com) that explain how to use the products, often in a more clear and concise manner than 7,000 posts in a FT thread. These products actually exist outside the realm of FT, and I guarantee you the non-FT BB customers aren't getting their how-to from this thread (even the ones who use VRs). People need to take a step back and realize we aren't doing anything clever or intricate. It's not hard to figure out.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:09 pm

All of the VRs I've bought so far say "$20-$500" on the front as well as the $3.95 fee. Today I bought the last one like that and there are only VRs that say the 3.95 without the "$20-$500". I assume it's still a $500 maximum and these aren't any different.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by stils
All of the VRs I've bought so far say "$20-$500" on the front as well as the $3.95 fee. Today I bought the last one like that and there are only VRs that say the 3.95 without the "$20-$500". I assume it's still a $500 maximum and these aren't any different.
So it looks identical to these http://millionmilesecrets.com/wp-con...uebird-004.jpg except they are missing the $20 - $500? If so my guess is they are okay. Try to load $500 on one of them. Or maybe try to load more if there is no limit listed.

Maybe it is the unlimited version (there are legends). "Yes, I would like 20K on this card please."
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
So it looks identical to these http://millionmilesecrets.com/wp-con...uebird-004.jpg except they are missing the $20 - $500? If so my guess is they are okay. Try to load $500 on one of them. Or maybe try to load more if there is no limit listed.

Maybe it is the unlimited version (there are legends). "Yes, I would like 20K on this card please."
You got it. The 80 year old lady who I buy these from at CVS every time would probably have a heart attack if I told her anything above $500.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:35 pm

Yes, successfully paid one for the first time last week actually. As someone else pointed out, not your zip code - theirs!

Originally Posted by stils
Has anyone tried paying a Florida Power and Light (FPL) bill? I tried to setup a bill payment for them but it won't accept my zip code associated with my account number. Tried both 5 digit and 9 digit zip code. It'd be nice to use Bluebird for that.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:40 pm

Ok, so looks like I bought the wrong card

Now, what are my options on how to use this debit card? Can I take this card to walmart and load my BB there? If yes, is there any charge for that? I am going to read all the links and also this thread (hopefully all of 484 pages). Meanwhile, I want to be safe with the money on this card, that is why I am asking here.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:46 pm

Ok, so looks like I bought the wrong card

Now, what are my options on how to use this debit card? Can I take this card to walmart and load my BB there? If yes, is there any charge for that? I am going to read all the links and also this thread (hopefully all of 484 pages). Meanwhile, I want to be safe with the money on this card, that is why I am asking here.
Scroll down through the pictures on this link and tell us which one your card looks like.
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/1...-reload-cards/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.