Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:55 pm

[QUOTE=DavidAL;20207350]2 words. Yes.[/QUOTE]

Hey David,

Yes is 1 word, 3 letters. Did you have another word in mind?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
So I tried to find the $500 Visa GCs at the local OD today. None on the rack. Talked to an employee who said they are no longer stocking them and this came from "Corporate". Is the the end of the UR + Ink CC points part of this scheme?
it's over..
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Thanks, looks like I'm 3 days behind in my news.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:24 pm

Once you finish paying a bill with BB, there is a link to see bill payment history. That's a nice page as you can see the nicknames for each payee. I cannot find a way to reach this page without paying a bill. I know there is a Transaction History page where I can see and search for all transactions. But the issue with this page is that it does not lists nicknames. That is I can see I have paid, say, $200 to American Express but I cannot see to which card this payment has gone. Any solution to share?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Once you finish paying a bill with BB, there is a link to see bill payment history. That's a nice page as you can see the nicknames for each payee. I cannot find a way to reach this page without paying a bill. I know there is a Transaction History page where I can see and search for all transactions. But the issue with this page is that it does not lists nicknames. That is I can see I have paid, say, $200 to American Express but I cannot see to which card this payment has gone. Any solution to share?
Pay $1 to a payee to reach the page, then cancel the payment on that page.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mizzou1
The site has a glitch - at the bottom of the list of Payee, there should be a tab for Payment History but the tab does not always appear.

I have found that if you keep clicking the space where you use to add a payee, the Payment History tab would show up.

On the other hand, if you want to stay on top of things, you really should keep a spreadsheet on the activities because things can get complicated from various loading to various payments. Having a spreadsheet would definitely make it much easier to keep track of everything.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by distantarray
I never really understood why people would use bluebird to pay your mortgage... just use it to pay off your credit card bill it's all the same imo....> amex gift card > williamspaid imo
I feel the same way. My mortgage would require a check to be sent. Electronic payments seem to be very predictable. Paper checks are hit and miss as to arrival date. I pay my HOA (paper check) but if it shows up late I don't really care. F'em
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz
I feel the same way. My mortgage would require a check to be sent. Electronic payments seem to be very predictable. Paper checks are hit and miss as to arrival date. I pay my HOA (paper check) but if it shows up late I don't really care. F'em
Indeed. HOA fees suck!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:19 am

Don't F with your HOA. Seriously. It is really staggering the damage and disruption that a malicious HOA can visit on your life.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by lkar
Don't F with your HOA. Seriously. It is really staggering the damage and disruption that a malicious HOA can visit on your life.
I agree entirely. I've managed to stay on very good terms with them. Some residents here haven't paid dues in years out of protest. I don't think the are too concerned about me.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
just got a survey email from american express(currently have HH and SPG BUS cards), one question was Some credit cards offer bonus pts in particluar spend catagories, if you could choose only one bonus catagory what would it be?
I selected "pharmacy/drug store"
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MilesGator
Indeed. HOA fees suck!
Check with your HOA bylaws. Ours would send you to the Lawyer's office if you are 2 weeks late. It actually gives a 10 days grace period after the due date which is the 1st of each quarter. After that your account is sent to the lawyer's office and you would be billed the lawyer fee and other stuff. You can fight but the HOA has the right to put a lien on your property.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You can fight but the HOA has the right to put a lien on your property.
Knew someone whose dog crapped in a common area and they didn't clean it up. Community security guard gave a $20 ticket or something which was enforced by the HOA under its bylaws. The guy didn't want to pay it, because "everyone does it." They write him letters, but he throws them away.

Flash forward, the guy goes to sell his house. Takes several months. Finally gets a buyer at a good price. Buyer gets cold feet shortly before closing, but after the period where they would lose their earnest money, which was a lot. Buyer offers like $5,000 to back out. Seller says no. Buyer tries to use the inspection to back out, but seller agrees to fix every item, giving the buyer a contractual obligation to go forward or pay the earnest money.

Title company comes back. Recorded lien on the property from the HOA, which, since not disclosed, gives the buyer the right to back out. Lien amount? About $35. Don't F with your HOA.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Knew someone whose dog crapped in a common area and they didn't clean it up. Community security guard gave a $20 ticket or something which was enforced by the HOA under its bylaws. The guy didn't want to pay it, because "everyone does it." They write him letters, but he throws them away.

Flash forward, the guy goes to sell his house. Takes several months. Finally gets a buyer at a good price. Buyer gets cold feet shortly before closing, but after the period where they would lose their earnest money, which was a lot. Buyer offers like $5,000 to back out. Seller says no. Buyer tries to use the inspection to back out, but seller agrees to fix every item, giving the buyer a contractual obligation to go forward or pay the earnest money.

Title company comes back. Recorded lien on the property from the HOA, which, since not disclosed, gives the buyer the right to back out. Lien amount? About $35. Don't F with your HOA.
Bingo!

People are foolish not to oblige the community's bylaws when choosing to live in a community with such.

It is sad but a necessity the HOAs have to resort to such action to keep people obeying the bylaws but that is the only way to keep the order in a community for the majority of residents who are considerate and obey the rules and regulations of the community for the common good.

This is a good real-life example you posted to show why you dont want to mess with HOA and utility companies and even your medical care providers... especially if you are clearly in the wrong.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
just got a survey email from american express(currently have HH and SPG BUS cards), one question was Some credit cards offer bonus pts in particluar spend catagories, if you could choose only one bonus catagory what would it be?
I selected "pharmacy/drug store"
Thank you. You are an honorable warrior for the cause.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.