Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:36 am

That's what confuses me to most about my problem with the BOA payment. I set up a car payment and bestbuy card payment (manually) just as I did with BOA... Each of those posted within two days as if they were converted to be electronic transfer. BOA is still not showing anything yet.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Shouldn't he have called the police on you then?

Why do people have to be the hero, so annoying when a cashier tries to be a hero like that. "Look ma, I caught those money launderin fools!"
Everybody wants to be a Cardinal.
He did mumble something about "I mean, I'm sure you're not". He didn't put on his supercape and mask.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
... admittedly mine is a small sample size...

Not much larger here, but about half dozen each of ACH and paper for me. The two going to government agencies took the longest to show up. But wouldn't you expect that?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have been paying credit card bills & mortgage in BB without any problems at all so far. If you are concerned, make a $1 payment towards your credit card bill & see if it posts correctly/on time. I still have not used the ATM to get money out, laying low under the Chase radar. I have used BB to send a paper check payable to my wife a few times. So far so good...BB is awesome. I have a feeling when AMEX gets most market share they will "enhance" us all with higher fees!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:57 am

Has anyone tried paying a Florida Power and Light (FPL) bill? I tried to setup a bill payment for them but it won't accept my zip code associated with my account number. Tried both 5 digit and 9 digit zip code. It'd be nice to use Bluebird for that.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by stils
Has anyone tried paying a Florida Power and Light (FPL) bill? I tried to setup a bill payment for them but it won't accept my zip code associated with my account number. Tried both 5 digit and 9 digit zip code. It'd be nice to use Bluebird for that.
It's not your zip code they are looking for, you need to put in their zip code.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:01 pm

technically it doesnt matter what you use the BB funds for. the important issue is buying VRs with a MSR CC. you could even use the BB funds to pay off the MSR CC if you wanted to.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:10 pm

I saw 3 CVS stores in my areas with full stacks of VR, so I think I should have no problem getting those. I just stop by those three stores to make a couple of VR purchases for my two new southwest cards and those were all GONE! It was only one week! I guess just one or two persons who did this and they went around and cleared out at every single store!

I even asked a supervisor and he said that a lot of people bought these yesterday! Go figure. I just need to buy these to fulfill my new card spending, not over crazy about cracking up the points!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:12 pm

unbelievable, these reports drive me crazy. I'd beat up and rob the dirt bag that buys over 2 VR in one shot. I should setup hidden cameras in cvs. I make my own micro wireless hidden cams, would be perfect for this.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by anneok
I saw 3 CVS stores in my areas with full stacks of VR, so I think I should have no problem getting those. I just stop by those three stores to make a couple of VR purchases for my two new southwest cards and those were all GONE! It was only one week! I guess just one or two persons who did this and they went around and cleared out at every single store!

I even asked a supervisor and he said that a lot of people bought these yesterday! Go figure. I just need to buy these to fulfill my new card spending, not over crazy about cracking up the points!
Yeah, it can be frustrating. It helps if you can stop by everyday so you can make note of when they get cards.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:16 pm

spoiled beans

This infamous CVS store in Atlanta was completely out of beans today except for two cards conveniently located at eye level. I was on my way to the register but thought to check the back of the cards. It is probably hard to tell from the pictures, but in person, one can easily see that someone had tampered with the pin cover. I left without a purchase.

Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:02 pm

I can't see anything suspect in the pictures, what is the tell?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by thisisyourlife
This infamous CVS store in Atlanta was completely out of beans today except for two cards conveniently located at eye level. I was on my way to the register but thought to check the back of the cards. It is probably hard to tell from the pictures, but in person, one can easily see that someone had tampered with the pin cover. I left without a purchase.
I'm not going to make any debate about the ethics of what to do next (do not call comes to mind), but what approach should be taken if it appears they've been tampered with? Of course, don't buy them, but the thought of simply leaving them on the shelf so someone else gets hit by them doesn't enthuse me either. I can clearly see one of them looks like it has been "handled" (right side of it) but the other one looks like many I've bought, at least from your picture.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:18 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
scratch off and redeem immediately after buying before leaving the store.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
scratch off and redeem immediately after buying before leaving the store.
Unless you don't have all the digits...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.