FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:25 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by punjabi2
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I did start reading the thread after my last post (Jan 27), as well as MMS blogs. But, I did not finish reading all 484 pages or so. Didn't saw VR at CVS and OD, so started spending less time reading this thread, thinking that I am late to the game. Well, yesterday, I saw rack full of VR's at my CVS, and thought, wow Jackpot . Was planning to buy 2-3 cards, but then thought, let me just try with one first. In my excitement at seeing so many VRs, I forgot that it is not the right card, well lesson learnt.

supergrandslam is exactly right about how my card looks.

ddallas: I will definitely take the picture with me next time, but I dont think I will buy the wrong card next time

Happy: I did register the card, and should get the permanent card by mail in 7-10 days.

I am reading this thread, but still want to ask one question. Hope you understand that it will take a while to read all 484 pages, but in the meantime, can I load BB with this debit card at walmart store? My understanding from the reading I have done so far is that, reload done at walmart using the debit card is free, but online incurs a fee of $2, with a daily limit of $100. I think I read somewhere in this thread (or was it MMS) that one can load up to $500 at Walmart using debit card. Is that true, or I am messing up again?

Thanks everyone.
You need to get your "terminology" straight.

When people mentioned VR - it is specifically referred to Vanilla Reload that the picture of it is shown in MMS's write-up which hopefully you have finally understand what it is.

The black card you have is not referred to VR - since there is no word of "Reloadable" on the card itself! It has its own name, printed right on the card, and people refer it just by the first letter of each word to prevent confusion.

So before you even go further into the venture, PLEASE get your concepts straight else you may have more stumbles down the road, not to mention unable to fully grasp what is discussed here and else where.

When you receive your perm card you would need to activate it. Once it is activated, everything on your temp card would transfer over to the perm card automatically.

Do remember Each Transaction on the black card you have, would cost you $0.50, directly deducted from the account balance the next day.

Loading BB at WMT using a PIN based debit card does not cost you anything at the BB / WMT side, but it is up to $1000 a day and $5000 a month as a COMBINED amount from all funding sources other than from the linked bank account. Please understand this and not go overboard.

You really should read the FAQs of BB, Vanilla Reloadable AND My Vanilla Debit Card instead of the whole contents of this thread. All you need to know how these things work are in the FAQs of the providers' site. This thread provides data points on actual experiences of using functions of the cards, particularly the bill pay which by now you should have understand which area it works well and which area may have hiccups.