Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by umc
You can't use prepaid gift cards to purchase VR at Walgreens. It's cash only. CVS seem to work fine for most of us.
That's a shame. No CVS within 2.5 hours of where i live.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
If you live near a Walmart and have a ST Delta SkyMiles debit card, that's a fool-proof combination to reload for FREE and also get 1 Delta SkyMile per dollar loaded.
So you are saying there is no charge loading BB with ST delta sky miles card? How is the charge appearing in ST delta sky miles? What is the max you can load?

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by frankiwa
That's a shame. No CVS within 2.5 hours of where i live.
Don't feel so bad, I have for CVS around me but either they don't carry VR or they make me pay cash only, tried with many different cashiers
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by misterno
So you are saying there is no charge loading BB with ST delta sky miles card? How is the charge appearing in ST delta sky miles? What is the max you can load?

Thanks
I do not have this card and have not used it. However, I would suggest.......

You should probably read the thread on the ST Delta sky miles debit card.
This card has it's own fee's. So, while loading at WM may be no charge, I wouldn't exactly call it 'free' (from what I recall reading).

Again, I believe this card has it's own fee's. and, IF i am incorrect, I am certain someone who uses this card will be along soon to correct me.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:23 pm

Has anyone tried an international ATM withdraw with their BB card? Going overseas this week and BB has no foreign exchange but wondering about the foreign ATMs.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by fangtl
Has anyone tried an international ATM withdraw with their BB card? Going overseas this week and BB has no foreign exchange but wondering about the foreign ATMs.
Yes, many times. BB charges a $2 ATM fee overseas. The foreign bank sometimes charges an ATM fee and sometimes does not. It is up to the laws of the foreign country and the policy of the foreign bank (St. George's Bank charges $2 and SunCorp Bank charges NO ATM fee in Australia). The foreign exchange rate is determined by BB, UNLESS the ATM gives you the option to have your withdrawal charged in US dollars (like ANZ Bank does in Australia). If you are asked to be charged in US dollars, DO NOT select YES - the foreign bank will charge you at a less advantageous rate than BB will.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by shoreline
I do not have this card and have not used it. However, I would suggest.......

You should probably read the thread on the ST Delta sky miles debit card.
This card has it's own fee's. So, while loading at WM may be no charge, I wouldn't exactly call it 'free' (from what I recall reading).

Again, I believe this card has it's own fee's. and, IF i am incorrect, I am certain someone who uses this card will be along soon to correct me.
The annual fee for the Delta SkyMiles World Check Card is $75. The Delta SkyMiles World Check Card earns 1 mile per $1 in PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases and 2 miles per $1 in direct Delta purchases.

In my opinion, the $75 fee is WELL worth it, but you also must have a checking account at SunTrust Bank. You can bank for free if you meet SunTrust Bank's minimum balance requirements. I use the card at Walmart and also pay my Federal estimated income taxes with it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by h3lloworld
Don't feel so bad, I have for CVS around me but either they don't carry VR or they make me pay cash only, tried with many different cashiers
And WHERE is that?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Plenty of VR at every CVS I tried in Washington DC this weekend.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:03 pm

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but is it possible for me to have 2 BB accounts? If so can I load $5k/month in each account with a debit card at Walmart? Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by mmaoao
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but is it possible for me to have 2 BB accounts? If so can I load $5k/month in each account with a debit card at Walmart? Thanks.

No, because it is linked to your SSN. However, you can get one for yourself and one for your spouse -- and load $5K per month on each.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa
While the purchase of vanilla reloads with credit cards at CVS & WG has largely been closed.
At WG, yes. At CVS, hell no! There are plenty of VRs available for purchase by CC at CVS stores in DC.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
At WG, yes. At CVS, hell no! There are plenty of VRs available for purchase by CC at CVS stores in DC.
and in San Diego
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
This is good to hear as I may be moving there in the coming months! ^
Of course like with OD and then CVS, the party could end at any time.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
When are VR's delivered?

Has anyone tried to track what day/date VR's are delivered to their local CVS'? If you have, would you be willing to share any frequency data - do VR's arrive weekly/every-other-week/once-a-month?

I stumbled upon some data, purely by accident, that gave me a couple of leads. These may be a coincidence but I figure I can invest a little time to try and figure this out. If the deliveries are at random or irregular intervals, this "project" will go nowhere, but we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.