Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:14 am

I did search this (long!) thread but didn't find a specific answer... has anyone faced any issues paying a credit card using bill pay on bluebird? Any thoughts on if there could be any issues paying Chase or Amex or Citi?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
I did search this (long!) thread but didn't find a specific answer... has anyone faced any issues paying a credit card using bill pay on bluebird? Any thoughts on if there could be any issues paying Chase or Amex or Citi?
No issues. Paid both chase and amex
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:51 am

Citi works but if you have auto payments it will still deduct your last statement amount when the auto pay schedule rolls around. Chase systems will compensate for the payment from BB and not trigger if the payment is same size or larger than auto pay amount.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
I have paid Citi and multiple Chase cards with no problems.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:10 am

Thanks all.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whowong
Citi works but if you have auto payments it will still deduct your last statement amount when the auto pay schedule rolls around. Chase systems will compensate for the payment from BB and not trigger if the payment is same size or larger than auto pay amount.
I would add that AMEX system also would compensate. It would adjust the amount of scheduled payment on its end if your outstanding balance fell below the amount of scheduled payment. The scheduled payment would then be auto-adjusted down to the outstanding balance. AMEX even sends you an alert to that effect.

Citi definitely would not. However any double payment credit balance is refunded upon request. Citi can even ACH you the refund without fee. All can be done on SM but be prepared to get some idiotic canned replies at first as if they do not read your message.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aegt123
Does anyone know the procedure to load a bluebird using a debit card at WM? Can I go to any of the cashiers?

What would be the easiest way to get cash out of BB w/o paying the ATM fees. Can I just withdraw it from bluebird straight into my checking account month after month?
Go to the Money Center (near Customer Service), I use the automated machine. Just selected Walmart Moneycard and swipe the BB to reload, then select debit. You can also do up to $50cb and I've been able to do 3 swipe reloads per day per BB.

Keep in mind the $1000/day limit and $5000/month limit is shared between swipe reloads and VR reloads.

Also, keep in mind the limits placed on your debit card. E.g., the WF Prepaid card only allows transactions up to $600, but you can do multiple transactions.

Originally Posted by Beckles
Then why bother having 5 BB's?
Because you can utilize free debit reloads at Walmart .... don't have to worry about VR availability or factoring in the $3.95 fee per $500.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
T-8 days and counting until March.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by particlemn
T-8 days and counting until March.
uh, thanks?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by terpfan101
How did you determine this? Just by scouting it out or asking? I haven't seen new ones in Northern VA in ages.
Dumb luck. The one day (Thurs) last week I went hunting I went into two stores that were unloading them from packing crates. Both stores were in Fairfax County. This is way to small a sample to conclude anything but at least gives a possible starting point if one wishes to minimize search times.

And the clerks don't know the delivery dates.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by alik99
No issues. Paid both chase and amex
Me too. Never a problem.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:29 pm

anyone ever pay USBank or Citi with this?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by terpfan101
anyone ever pay USBank or Citi with this?
Paid $2k to citi. Posted fine, it took however many days it took.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by sgideons
Paid $2k to citi. Posted fine, it took however many days it took.
US bank too...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:43 am

I've paid Citi a few times with this and never had any problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.