Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by headoflife
Has anyone found VR in the Chicago area? I am in the near north suburbs and have tried several locations with no luck. I would love a PM with any sucesses.

Thanks!
You may not be looking hard enough (or at both gift card racks). There is only one CVS that I have been to that does not ever have them. All the others, I have found them (though not every time I visit)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:03 am

How to set up multiple bluebird accounts?

So I was trying to register a temp card I got from WM after I already requested a perm. card but I needed to use a different email and phone. I have a different email address to use but not a different phone number. Is there a certain way to set up multiple accounts? Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:21 am

has anyone found any CVS stores that has VR's around the WOODLAND HILLS, CA area?if you could PM me pls the one closes to me near fallbrook never has them and the one in canoga have them but never sells it to me with a CC. thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by indietrav
So I was trying to register a temp card I got from WM after I already requested a perm. card but I needed to use a different email and phone. I have a different email address to use but not a different phone number. Is there a certain way to set up multiple accounts? Thank you in advance for your help.
You can always get a Google Voice number.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 4:53 pm

Ahaa..so that is what it is.

Thanks for clarifying...

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
BB comes up as a credit card with a pin. WINCO will only take debt cards.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:51 pm

All of the registers at my normal CVS store had signs in all bold that said no CCs for prepaid debit cards. I was getting a little worried but the lady said no problems with VRs. sweeeet.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:56 pm

Need help setting up multiple BB accounts

I have tried setting up multiple BB accounts with different emails and phone number but in the end when verifying my info it says that they can not verify my information. Is there a certain way this is done? I have read about people setting up multiple accounts. How do I accomplish this? If you want to pm me go ahead. Thanks in advanced for all your help.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
You cannot have more than one BB. You can get one for your spouse/family member. BB will check your SSN and validate.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:06 am

When paying my Citibank Dividend card, which payee do I chose: "Citibank Credit Card" or "Citicards" ?

I hate how you can't view the payment address of bluebird payees.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:34 am

Data point, it is possible to buy VR at Savemart supermarkets with CC (1 per transaction though). However, it can be a miss or hit at some locations. Therefore, not only CVS selling these VRs, but also Savemart. CVS only allows 2 VRs per transaction. Therefore, people should stop worrying the fact these VRs will be running out. So take it easy and relax. Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nature1370
Data point, it is possible to buy VR at Savemart supermarkets with CC (1 per transaction though). However, it can be a miss or hit at some locations. Therefore, not only CVS selling these VRs, but also Savemart. CVS only allows 2 VRs per transaction. Therefore, people should stop worrying the fact these VRs will be running out. So take it easy and relax. Thanks.
There's a long list of places that sell them, the problem is CVS is everywhere, while most of their distributors (like the one you mentioned) are not. People are relaxed, granted a field report after every trip someone makes really don't help my case, granted you made one.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
When paying my Citibank Dividend card, which payee do I chose: "Citibank Credit Card" or "Citicards" ?

I hate how you can't view the payment address of bluebird payees.
Pick 1, pay $1, see what happens.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:58 am

SaveMart/Lucky stores have abundant beans available, but the checkout system here is programmed to take cash only.

Originally Posted by nature1370
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:34 am

Searched but couldn't find an answer...

Can I use bluebird to pay off SOMEONE ELSE'S credit card bill? I have quite a bit loaded on both mine and my brother's BB card. I need my balance to pay taxes, etc. Bottom line: I can't do a transfer from his BB to my BB. So, can he pay my Chase CC bill with his BB is the question?

Obviously I could call BB CS, but I always use that as last resort- drawing attention to my high balances, loose lips... the old FWF rule: NEVER call, etc....

Anyone do this?

Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Searched but couldn't find an answer...

Can I use bluebird to pay off SOMEONE ELSE'S credit card bill? I have quite a bit loaded on both mine and my brother's BB card. I need my balance to pay taxes, etc. Bottom line: I can't do a transfer from his BB to my BB. So, can he pay my Chase CC bill with his BB is the question?

Obviously I could call BB CS, but I always use that as last resort- drawing attention to my high balances, loose lips... the old FWF rule: NEVER call, etc....

Anyone do this?

Thanks.
i have often paid my wife's cc bill, the bill pay does not ask for name, it just asks for account number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.