Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Several dozen
But the Cardinals won't know the aggregate intake across programs.

Originally Posted by QL_714
Great question, maybe we should ask the Cardinals?
We should leave the cash back folk out of this. They are in a league of there own.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Alot to be said for the east as my SO is from over that way.

But you ought to know the Cardinals ain't about easing your pain, just being a pain!
Pain in that area isn't my idea of fun.. like a colonoscopy
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
last i heard from MM he was posting from the Seychelles. Very smart. It's not all about accumulation you know? Points are completely and utterly worthless if you do not actually use them.
Right direction now if you could stop by Sri Lanka and pick up some Cinnamon Girls and take them to Thailand where the food is better you would have a cover all bingo
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
Ever heard the expression "can't see the forest for the trees"? 360k, don't make me laugh. You really need to get out of the minor league.
When a tree falls in the forest does it make any noise if noone is there to hear it??

I like the water analogy better where I prefer a small stream gently depositing its deposits without any real rough waters or riding a Tsunami.

I haven't been fitted for my Tsunami yet
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:07 am

Read your AMEX benefits guide - a colonoscopy is one of your free benefits - see the section under Financial Review.

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Pain in that area isn't my idea of fun.. like a colonoscopy
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:08 pm

Read your AMEX benefits guide - a colonoscopy is one of your free benefits - see the section under Financial Review.
I am still waiting (since Aug 27) for my app on Starwood

Last edited by Nottafatslob; Sep 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:04 am

Anyone heard of has station limiting credit card purchases to $125, I wanna buy a NS card but cannot do it.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
It probably has something to do w/ the gas authorization. Are you getting gas too, or only the cards?

Also, @ADK your inbox is full. Been trying to reply to your message :P
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:19 am

OK - for now it is an x-full box. Been busy entertaining my banker friends with new card tricks.

Originally Posted by ChiCityFlyer
It probably has something to do w/ the gas authorization. Are you getting gas too, or only the cards?

Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:57 pm

OK - for now it is an x-full box. Been busy entertaining my banker friends with new card tricks.
Don't tell them about that cancel and reapply the same day before it register in the system one for xxxbank. I need to use that one at least two more times to get the miles I need for my wife and I to do our 5 continent around the world trip. Thanks ... please don't PM me I am sworn to silence
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
when the cardinals give you the nod, is it a temp thing? a tease? a baiting, or did you really get the nod? And for how long?

I have often run into such things and am always curious. But that's the game we play is it not?

Anyway, next month or the one after I have to go for the trifecta. Don't ask me what it is, my PM box is full. And besides, I have yet to really know. I have to do one first and then i will know

MM
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
when the cardinals give you the nod, is it a temp thing? a tease? a baiting, or did you really get the nod? And for how long?

I have often run into such things and am always curious. But that's the game we play is it not?

Anyway, next month or the one after I have to go for the trifecta. Don't ask me what it is, my PM box is full. And besides, I have yet to really know. I have to do one first and then i will know

MM
Citi hands out lifetime sentences. Chase is almost life time. Both shut down everything including corporate cards. They will say you are a security risk. Don't know about AMEX. YMMV so go find it out
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoyo
Citi hands out lifetime sentences. Chase is almost life time. Both shut down everything including corporate cards. They will say you are a security risk. Don't know about AMEX. YMMV so go find it out
amex is roughly 15+ years
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ChiCityFlyer

Found a Bp that does sell them on cc (happy), but then they charged me tax a $400 +$3.95 with tax cost was $431. No thanks (sad again). Looks like back to drawing board.I even asked the cashier about it and she that is normal.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NS

I had to contact these buggers a bunch of times and get lied to once my account was suddenly closed after about 4+ weeks of NO activity at all!

I had already long since spent funds, added ODs, done payments, CAs, etc... and had a $0 bal til I referred someone to join NS and got a $20 statement credit. I was planning to use the card soon enough and had just had it sitting there and then I got the closure notice out of the blue. Seems many people here have. Some have had like $2k stuck in there. Some have had to wait weeks for it or are STILL waiting!...

I wrote this nasty letter to them (below) and have yet to get any reply except my check, and I suggest that since I think they don't read FT, and they don't know we all know about each other yet, that we all band together somehow and nail these f**ckers hard, as THEY are the big scammers here.

You all may use this information as you see fit but hey, I got my funds out and am just trying to offer support and try to stave off further pains... I think it's no harm to post about this and maybe some still have working NS cards, but I have heard a TON of PMd horror stories... but if someone does this post should not be here, just PM me (kindly) and I will take it down. I posted it here to save myself from having to paste it or any further NS information into a gazillion PMs. We need to work together on this one.

August 26, 2012

RE: Closure of N3TSP3ND Visa account# 4039XXXXXXXXX

N3TSP3ND Corporation
P.O. Box 2136
Austin, TX 78768-2136
ATTN: COMPLIANCE

To whom it may concern,

It comes as a great disappointment to me that your company has so abruptly and without valid reason decided to close my account.

I looked over all the terms and conditions you have posted both online and in the pamphlet I received with my card and there was nothing I could find that broke any rules when I used the service.

I had linked another bank account of mine to N3TSP3ND and I think I send $5 over once. That is ok in your terms. It was suggested that I do this in N3TSP3ND’s own materials.

I will note that in July I had to contact your company on several occasions and was eventually able to scan and email in my ID along with other personal information to ‘verify’ myself as a person and a valid customer. As such, you allowed my account to go forth as it had been from the get-go.

I often receive or purchase Vanilla cards that are the reload packs found in many stores. I then load these to my card. This is allowed by your terms.

I then have used the card to purchase items at stores or to obtain a cash advance at a bank. Both of these things are allowed by your terms and if there are fees, my account has always had more than enough to cover same. If these things were not allowed, your terms would say so—one would think.

For some reason, however, you have now decided the latter, and without real notice. As well, my last activity of anything significant was about a month before you closed my account. Why? Why now? What changed?

All of these are questions I cannot get answers to. When I call I get railroaded. I am told by CSRs that cannot provide their last names even though they need mine that they have no further information. I was told MetaBank closed my account but I contacted them and they said they have nothing to do with this. Why did your CSRs lie to me? I was put through to a fraud department that, after waiting over 45 minutes on hold, told me to leave a message with ‘Compliance.’ Angrily, I did so, and the voice message promised to call me back but no one ever has. I figured as much, because I think your company structure is such that it is set up to make it impossible for customers like me to obtain any thorough accountability and rationale. Therefore, I am now rightfully at the point where, if your company cannot or will not provide valid reasoning for its obtuse action, I could be forced to seek legal action, among other things.

My account was in perfectly good standing when I was presented with two offerings: One, a chance to upgrade to a premium level, which I might have responded to, had this closure not taken place first; and the other, a chance to refer a friend to get the N3TSP3ND card. Someone did, and so my balance was $20. It stayed that way for several weeks (Nearly a month) but then you closed me out for no reason. As a result, a CSR from your company has said N3TSP3ND has now generated for me a check for $20 but this takes about 20 business days to be received. That’s September 19! Why on earth does it take you a month to mail something unless that too is a smoke screen and a scam? You abuse people!

Why does your ‘company’ only have a PO Box—and no one there will provide a real, physical address to me? Why do you hide behind a veil of supposed security when in fact it is your company that may be committing some sort of fraud?

Prove me wrong and do the right thing by writing back with the following ASAP!:

• The full name of the person responding to this.
• His or her department and physical office location.
• His or her valid working phone extension.
• Full reasoning as to what caused my account closure or a prompt reopening of the account without further costs to me.
• Any new terms and conditions mentioning anything about how I used the account and how what I used it for was somehow wrong.
• A formal apology concerning all of these matters herein.
• At this point, since it’s already been issued, I will wait until Sept 19 for my $20 check from N3TSP3ND but if it does not come, it’s going to pose a problem for you.

Of course if your company is running some sort of scam and this is your way of staying under cover, then go on doing what you are doing—I’m sure I may never hear from you again. But then you need to be aware that I will in turn do everything in my power to see to it that you are put out of business and/or otherwise inconvenienced—that is, unless I hear back soon with what I seek.

Sincere disgust,

MM

Last edited by Marathon Man; Sep 10, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.