Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
From what i recall, citi amex may nail you with a ca fee if you get those and if you turn off ca then the trans wont go thru
This is not always the case. It is up to Citi to let the transaction go through or not. All Citi cards charge a CA fee for anything coded as a FI.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
But if they do let the charge go through with a CA fee, then you have a basis to fight the charge and get it reversed.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by deant
But if they do let the charge go through with a CA fee, then you have a basis to fight the charge and get it reversed.
Not really. It is no different when you have a 10k CL and charge something that puts you over the 10k and they still approve it. It is at their discretion, not yours. With that said they will usually give you a onetime courtesy credit.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
maybe AP
Buy$2500 in Costco gift cards

$50 gas per week * 52 week = more than $2500 which can be used for gas and other items
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
I have a new citi card with a 2.5k spend. As it happens, I have a payment of a bit more than that due in a couple of days. Unfortunately, however, payment must be with MC or Amex, and the citi card is Visa. Is there an easy way to buy amex or mc instruments with my card in a way that citi will regard as a regular purchase and not give me grief? If I can do it locally, all the better. I don't need 5x or anything. I just want the easiest method that is safe with citi and doesn't require 25 $100 cards if there is such a thing. I don't know if the popular bean office supply store products work with citi, but it is not an option for me because I don't have one of those stores within 100 miles. My card is a hilton reserve, which only gives bonus points for travel and hilton categories, so I don't care where I have to shop. Thanks in advance.
No issue w/ Citi & CA- my spend is to MM on the AA MC. Almost there...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
No issue w/ Citi & CA- my spend is to MM on the AA MC. Almost there...
I know this is probably in other threads too but since we are talking about Citi how about the same question with the US Air Barclays MC. How is it coding say mo's and how is it riding on the stage coach?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:46 am

Us Air MC

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
I know this is probably in other threads too but since we are talking about Citi how about the same question with the US Air Barclays MC. How is it coding say mo's and how is it riding on the stage coach?
You can fund Serve and Buxx without a CA fee, tested. Helps meet the $750 per month for 3 month spend for 15000 bonus miles, but since there's no min spend on the best version of the card its usefulness is limited.

Last edited by MileMiser; Sep 3, 2012 at 11:26 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by MileMiser
You can fund Serve and Buxx without a CA fee, tested. Helps meet the $750 per month for 3 month spend for 15000 bonus miles, but since there no min spend on the best version of the card its usefulness is limited.
Perhaps the limited usefulness has something to offer, I will study that after the weekend. Now it's almost time to eat some more BBQ
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: Several dozen
"Membership" in a local Harley Owners group allows membership in the credit union which allows credit cards to be used for initial deposits. But reports are now showing the credit union has tightened up.

Originally Posted by jar2542
Can someone please PM what Iron Horse means? I have read this thread for hours, heck more like months, and I can't figure it out. I think I get 781482097.

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
"Membership" in a local Harley Owners group allows membership in the credit union which allows credit cards to be used for initial deposits. But reports are now showing the credit union has tightened up.
Yes, they seem to have something against hogs and shut me down. YMMV, but appears we must find some other friends to play with here.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
[QUOTE=AlohaDaveKennedy;19249747]

Yer PM is once again full mate but I got that note. I agree, but I figured I had to let that cat know he potentially boned many people and so that's why I am still goin as big as I can til the sun sets and I can believe no more. Thats what we all should be doing. For me, "big" is like the degrees on a circle. My monthly take thus far, that is.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:22 pm

For me, "big" is like the degrees on a circle.
I was never good at math. If the circle is bigger does that increase the degrees?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
I was never good at math. If the circle is bigger does that increase the degrees?
hahahaha
no, just think in terms of how many degrees a circle is round:-:
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:30 pm

hahahaha
$360 is a nice safe amount
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:24 pm
xp0

hahahaha
welcome back MM ... havent seen you posting in a while!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.