Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by xp0
Seriously? I read a few random comments and knew exactly what I could/couldnt do. Honestly, it is not that hard. Read. Worst case try it out and see what works and what doesnt.

*slaps head*
Gotchya. I did read through again and looked elsewhere. I've got a clearer picture now.

BTW, I do try to blaze trails and try to be helpful here when I can.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
not directed at you, but in general there are not many that do this piece of it on here
No worries. I only contribute when I hopefully have some value added... Either a data point or something that makes others/myself laugh. My participation has peaks & valleys due to other commitments, I wish I could devote daily to the art of the perpetual point machine.

To CaptainCool- I agree with you on the other forums. Until the Staples deal I didn't know they mimic'ed this thread but with similar arrows & circles. I have not yet seen any wife pics. I actually have never spent more than 10 seconds on them since I just simply thought only FT/MP would have data like this. #fail
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Now that the ice cream has melted, has anyone "discovered" a better use for Tim Allen other than taking him out to Lowes or HD? Just wondering if it's worth stocking up before he goes away also.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mikeef
True story: Among the identities that the CIA stole was Marathon Man's. It turned out to be such a PITA that they tried to give it back.

Mike
yes they have to talk with customer service and compliance for a month to get it back. Not worth it, just boot him from FT and the CIA and be done with it! lol
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by mikeef
True story: Among the identities that the CIA stole was Marathon Man's. It turned out to be such a PITA that they tried to give it back.

Mike
But perhaps they gave him a secret identity and disguise so he could become a blogger. I think Captain Midnight will surface
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Looks like there's a new contender to Square out there. Doesn't require a dongle, fees are 1.95% - 2.95% + $0.20 per charge.

https://www.flint.com/
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Majikow
Looks like there's a new contender to Square out there. Doesn't require a dongle, fees are 1.95% - 2.95% + $0.20 per charge.

https://www.flint.com/
2.95% + 20c for credit cards and no amex support
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I bought 3x$200 Visa gift cards and 2x$200 Visa gift cards for $1034.75. Staples rebates pending $135 and $75. I posted my process on my blog, PM me if interested. I don't think posting this deal is killing anything because its limited one per household. Unless you have multiple households, but in my opinion not worth the risk. I can also verify that you can Kiva the gift cards. Thats $1,035 towards my minimum spend on my Ink Plus!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:23 am

Miles/points for sending money?

A friend asks me to send 3k to his daughter in college in the next several days (can't wait until next month), I'm looking for ways to get miles/points for this.

Can't use AP as I have already paid close to 1k this month for something else? My Serve account was closed in order to get BB. I could send her a check from my BB account, but I'd rather use the fund to pay upcoming property tax, etc.

Any suggestion on how to best utilize this for points/miles?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
I bought 3x$200 Visa gift cards and 2x$200 Visa gift cards for $1034.75. Staples rebates pending $135 and $75. I posted my process on my blog, PM me if interested. I don't think posting this deal is killing anything because its limited one per household. Unless you have multiple households, but in my opinion not worth the risk. I can also verify that you can Kiva the gift cards. Thats $1,035 towards my minimum spend on my Ink Plus!
My GCs were accepted by Kiva, then reversed by Paypal... currently on hold to find out where the balances are as they are showing zero online... up to 30 days to return to the GCs...

Make sure you add them to your profile and don't check out as guest!

Last edited by brooklynmatt; Nov 19, 2012 at 11:43 am
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:36 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
CVS $5 extra care bucks with the purchase of 2 visa cards

I just saw that CVS is offering $5 Extra Care bucks with the purchase of 2 Visa variable load prepaid cards.

Good through 11/21.

Limit one.

they're also offering $20 Extra Care bucks for the purchase of a $75 or more iTunes card.

Last edited by akp; Nov 19, 2012 at 11:37 am Reason: added
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
My GCs were accepted by Kiva, then reversed by Paypal... currently on hold to find out where the balances are as they are showing zero online... up to 30 days to return to the GCs...

Make sure you add them to your profile and don't check out as guest!
That's good to know, I registered my card online and added mine to my profile first.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
I did 3 x $200 VISA gift cards at Staples. Rebate center said I was eligible for a $135 rebate after submission. But I just got the below email from Staples. Looks like they're in the process of "fixing" the glitch and will be adjusting the amount of the gift cards:

Dear Valued Staples Customer,

We have identified you as one of the consumers who may have visited the
Staples Easy Rebate site to track your rebate. Upon tracking your
submission, you may have noticed that the value of your rebate might
have calculated incorrectly.

Please know that we are working to correct this issue. When you
receive your Staples gift card in the mail, it will be loaded with
the correct reward value.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

As always, thanks for shopping at Staples.

Sincerely,
Staples Rebate Team
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
I did 3 x $200 VISA gift cards at Staples. Rebate center said I was eligible for a $135 rebate after submission. But I just got the below email from Staples. Looks like they're in the process of "fixing" the glitch and will be adjusting the amount of the gift cards:

Dear Valued Staples Customer,

We have identified you as one of the consumers who may have visited the
Staples Easy Rebate site to track your rebate. Upon tracking your
submission, you may have noticed that the value of your rebate might
have calculated incorrectly.

Please know that we are working to correct this issue. When you
receive your Staples gift card in the mail, it will be loaded with
the correct reward value.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

As always, thanks for shopping at Staples.

Sincerely,
Staples Rebate Team
So basically our best bet is to buy 5x $200 gift cards to get the $150?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by Majikow
So basically our best bet is to buy 5x $200 gift cards to get the $150?
The rebate is technically $15 per transaction if you buy $100 or more in gift cards. If you buy all 5 on one transaction you should get $15. If you buy 5 on separate transactions you should get $75.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.