Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
This summer, from 1 May to 15 September 2009, The Peninsula Hotels once again launches Summer Splendour and The Suite Life, the annual promotions offering guests great value and added benefits across all eight Peninsula Hotels.

The Summer Splendour package offers guests great room rates, a hotel credit of US$ 100 per stay and a gift certificate for a complimentary night in any Peninsula hotel worldwide, all adding up to exceptional value.

For the ultimate indulgence, experience The Suite Life at select Peninsula Hotels. Stay the first night at rack rate and enjoy a complimentary second night's stay.

The Peninsula Hong Kong
The Peninsula New York
The Peninsula Chicago
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Tokyo
The Peninsula Bangkok
The Peninsula Beijing
The Peninsula Manila

http://www.peninsula.com/Peninsula_H...fault.aspx?p=1
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
oyster, sorry about that. must be getting them confused.

DrivingRain, while 25% off is great since aman basically never discounts, you realize the sri lanka properties have been in "50% off" mode for a while because of security situation, right?
One other note about the percent off...it is 50% off, plus a free night. It combines both at least as far as I can tell. Right Kage?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by the_amanized
But that is just me. Maybe it will be a completely different experience for you.
Thanks for the thoughts. Much appreciated. The res is still changeable, but I have some specific questions first. I'll start a new thread.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it combines if only because the "50% off" has become the standard rate.

Originally Posted by francophile
a gift certificate for a complimentary night in any Peninsula hotel worldwide
wonder what the T&C are. doesnt seem to be online.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 20, 2009 at 1:14 pm
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
wonder what the T&C are. doesnt seem to be online.
Useless. Free night only valid when you pay for at least one other night AT RACK RATE. Valid to March 2010. (Do a dummy booking for Summer Splendour and it comes up). Valid on any room category.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:02 pm

Sri Lanka Amans

I would spend more time at Amangalla. It is a great hotel and if Olivia is still the GM then things will be wonderful. You only need a day to see the Fort but other sites form this hotel are closer then the sites from Amanwella. You should go see Geoffrey Bawa's Lunuganga Home and other hotels and public buildings he has done in Sri Lanka.
Hanging out at the pool, using the spa, just sitting on the terrace at Amangalla are perfect. I love this property, Amanwella could just depress you. If they don't have other guest, you feel like your at a resort that is about to close. You are far from everything here, ( except a few Bawa villas to see if not rented) and the road conditions will make you want to stay put. Then if the food selections are limited you will be ready to leave after two days,( by helicoptor at any cost as you will dread the ride back to anywhere in the country)
Look into Tea Trails as this really feels like the Sri Lanka we all dream about. The food was really good and it was nice to walk to the other Bungalows through the tea plantations. I kinda of felt that the coast was less rewarding for a traveler.
Keep updated on the security situation, there are possible threats of attacks in all public areas.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:46 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by francophile
This summer, from 1 May to 15 September 2009, The Peninsula Hotels once again launches Summer Splendour and The Suite Life, the annual promotions offering guests great value and added benefits across all eight Peninsula Hotels...
Thanks for this reference. I took a look (because I'm thinking of going out west for my birthday - thinking of lots of places - haven't decided).

I didn't think this was a particularly good deal because - unlike the credits at Four Seasons - they can't be applied against the cost of your room. So you either have to buy stuff you may not care to buy - or lose the credit.

FWIW - the FS Beverly Hills has extended its stay 2 nights/get 1 free offer through 9/7/2009. My birthday is on the 13th . Although it never hurts to ask (especially since I would be a repeat guest). Robyn
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
The Rates at the Penn in NY look tough to beat for a suite.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:09 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Just got an email from DavidO.....
FS is now offering standardized preferred partner amenities across all properties that are combinable with 3rd and 4th night free offers.

Amenities are:
- a one-category upgrade based on availability at time of check-in
- daily full American breakfast for two through in-room dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- a Preferred Partner value-added amenity with minimum value of $85
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Benny8444
The Rates at the Penn in NY look tough to beat for a suite.
Probably because the suites are not refurbished yet and the hotel is one of the worst in the group.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by TheCrackedJack
Please, if you can afford $400+ a night on luxury hotel rooms, the economy is not going to hurt you so hard you will need a discount.

Just more fear mongering BS.
These kind of statements always make me . We can easily afford to spend $400+ /night, but we always prefer to spend less. So we shop for bargains all the time. If a $800/night room can be gotten for $400, I'll take it. In good economy and in bad. Why spend more when you don't have to?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
oyster, sorry about that. must be getting them confused.
Don't worry. I was hoping you were right not me!!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Probably because the suites are not refurbished yet and the hotel is one of the worst in the group.
That is probably the reason then...

I have only stayed in a regular room at the Penn NY and they are so so. But I do agree that it is not on par with the Penn in Chi and especially BH.

OT: I have always wanted to stay at the RC BP but since all of my meetings are midtown it is just not easy to get from Penn Station to BP and back up to the meetings. I may just do a weekend trip and check it out as I Never go Downtown anymore, it would be a nice change of scenery.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Benny8444, suite life @ pen has been around for years.

Ericka, preferred benefits have always been combinable like that, but info is now online. >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...amenities.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...omo-recap.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 21, 2009 at 10:09 am
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:43 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
50% Off Sale at The Broadmoor for 72 hours

The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs has sent out an email blast advertising a 72-hour Sale: 50% off all rooms. The sale is available from Friday, April 24 through Sunday, April 26 and is valid for reservations booked through December 31, 2009. Click here for information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.