Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Is that midweek? We had a booking for this weekend (just cancelled as sproglet is not too well) and it was £365 B&B I think. Note also some cheap rates on the website don't include VAT which mysteriously appears on the final confirmation page.
No, for a weekend in June. VAT not included.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Spotted this and amended my post whilst you were typing yours! But see comments re breakfast.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Spotted this and amended my post whilst you were typing yours! But see comments re breakfast.
Thanks for the tip. Looks like a great escape from town and a lot nearer than places like Babington House.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
It was mentioned somewhere. The snag is that the 'free night' is actually a 'buy one, get one free' night and the one you pay for must be at rack rate - which at the moment is often twice the cheapest internet rate anyway!
Aha! That's a significant snag. Depending on validity, one might hold onto the certs until the market for rooms recovers, when they might be a better value.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Summer Splendour promotion for Peninsula hotels. I didn't scan all properties online (paging kagehitokiri... )
FYI, if you go to enticements before a hotel, it gives you a list of properties offering the promo.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Even the '3rd night free' promo is not as good a deal as it looks, because once you've added in an expensive breakfast for two you're pretty close to the standard B&B rate anyway.
There's always the Four Seasons Preferred Partner route, too. That way you can double dip and book the Third Night Free package, and also get:
* an upgrade;
* breakfast for 2;
* lunch for 2.

For those who enjoy (extreme, yet dry) heat, the Four Seasons Scottsdale has summer rates from $129 a night ($20 more for weekends). If staying for only a night, the PP amenities (free breakfast & lunch) end up being valued more than the room itself.

Last edited by MarshKing; Apr 30, 2009 at 2:01 pm
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarshKing
For those that enjoy (extreme, yet dry) heat, the Four Seasons Scottsdale has summer rates from $129 a night ($20 more for weekends). If staying for only a night, the PP amenities (free breakfast & lunch) end up being valued more than the room itself.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
bookable categories extended
- scottsdale - suites with pools from $565 (3rd nt free) / $575 (weekday special)
DavidO said to quote him (from PM) >
Originally Posted by DavidO
STARS amenities combine with any published rate. It's not as structured a program as FS PP. There's a complimentary continental breakfast, customized welcome amenity (the agent can request a special welcome amenity, within reason), etc, and RC really does VIP STARS guests. Upgrades are always a possibility, if available.
^
so you can get STARS benefits with free nights packages.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 1, 2009 at 9:09 am
Old May 1, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
DavidO said to quote him (from PM)
Thanks Kagehitokiri & DavidO!

I just got off the phone and have some good news. As Kagehitokiri and DavidO pointed out, the breakfast perk that is part of the STARS program does not apply to packages that include breakfast, but otherwise the remainder of the perks apply.

I also asked about FHR bookings, and apparently it is the same sort of deal. If the FHR rate is booked by a STARS agent (they'd have to call AmEx to do it, but it's not hard -- there is a desk at PTS/CTS that works directly with travel agents), then the STARS perks (again, minus breakfast) would apply.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:08 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by MarshKing
...For those who enjoy (extreme, yet dry) heat, the Four Seasons Scottsdale has summer rates from $129 a night ($20 more for weekends). If staying for only a night, the PP amenities (free breakfast & lunch) end up being valued more than the room itself.
Don't forget the summer monsoon. The weather in Phoenix in the summer can be *very* strange. Robyn
Old May 2, 2009, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
im probably abit late on this one but i cant see the 70%
Old May 2, 2009, 3:53 pm

Has anyone run across any recent good deals at the top hotels in Las Vegas?

Thanks
Old May 2, 2009, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no, nothing that recent or that good for "top" hotels.

FS and trump have had low published rates.

wynn/encore have had low published rates or promo codes for base rooms. ah, recently amex plat/cent got 2 free nights.

skylofts brought back their original lows, but no new lows.

openings of citycenter, fontainebleau, cosmopolitan will certainly shake things up more.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 2, 2009 at 6:52 pm
Old May 2, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: LHW FS BA LH and other things
Wynn / Encore now offer an additional $100 for Virtuoso on top of Virtuoso amenity and the 10% of BAR.
Old May 2, 2009, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Luxetravels,

you mean a credit right? i presume thats a promo? wynn's published promo is a $75 credit. (plus airport transfers for tower)

also btw, are you FS PP / RC STARS?
Old May 2, 2009, 8:19 pm

Thanks for the recent updates regarding Las Vegas. You would think with the economy and all those rooms, there would be better enticements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.