Wiki Posts
Search

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Ericka
Just got an email from Four Seasons. There is a $1000 resort credit for 4 night bookings at the Kona property. Not sure if this has come up before but I thought I would throw it out there...
That is a REALLY good offer.

Now I may have to to to Kona instead of Costa Rica for summer break
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

costa rica can be 28% off, but if you do 4 nts at hualalai at base rate, thats equivalent to 34% off. 5th nt free at hualalai is obviously 20% off. theres also an unlimited golf package at hualalai.

definitely unusual discounts for hualalai, right?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks to this thread, I booked two nights in September at Banyan Tree Phuket for 18,300++ baht for a Pool Villa. The effective rate is just over $310 per night all-in. ^
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Two More I Saw

I saw this morning that FS Punta Mita is offering the $100 per night resort credit for memorial weekend in May. While not as great a rebate as offered at the Big Island property, that does bring the nightly rate down to $445 per night for those dates, which is still much cheaper.

The Thompson LES was offering a free third night with the purchase of two nights in a studio king suite for per night plus $100 credit to the hotel's restaurant after. The rate ended up being $166 per night for three nights then. I know the Thompson LES will not be considered luxury, but for a new "cool" hotel in NYC at those rates, I thought it was worth mentioning. Also, I am not sure what the rules are for this deal, but I saw it on tablethotels.com when I was looking for rooms next weekend.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:47 pm
In memoriam

Slightly OT - but I would like to be able to follow this thread a little better. About 13 years ago - we stayed at a luxury oceanfront resort on the Kona Coast in Hawaii. All I can remember about it was our room faced to the north and had a view of a spectacular golf course - like you'd see in a magazine - black lava - deep blue ocean - with some bright green grass. And that when you walked around the hotel - there was a lot of lava - and at least a few sites that had been designated of historical/religious significance. Can't remember the name of the hotel then - and I suspect it is different now. Does anyone have a clue? Robyn

P.S. Also remember that a won a dinner and a beautiful cigar lei by coming closest to guessing the number of flowers in the lei - but that doesn't help in terms of the name of the place!
Old Apr 11, 2009, 6:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Could have been the Mauna Lani or the Mauna Kea Beach
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by robyng
Slightly OT - but I would like to be able to follow this thread a little better. About 13 years ago - we stayed at a luxury oceanfront resort on the Kona Coast in Hawaii. All I can remember about it was our room faced to the north and had a view of a spectacular golf course - like you'd see in a magazine - black lava - deep blue ocean - with some bright green grass. And that when you walked around the hotel - there was a lot of lava - and at least a few sites that had been designated of historical/religious significance. Can't remember the name of the hotel then - and I suspect it is different now. Does anyone have a clue? Robyn

P.S. Also remember that a won a dinner and a beautiful cigar lei by coming closest to guessing the number of flowers in the lei - but that doesn't help in terms of the name of the place!
Could it have been Kona Village? Sounds a lot like it, except that you mention you won a free dinner. Food (at least for the past several years -- I have no idea before that) is included. Even so, the description is similar.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 5:59 pm

Does it have water cascading down in the atrium as you walk down the stairs? If it does then it is the Mauna Lani.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Thanks to this thread, I booked two nights in September at Banyan Tree Phuket for 18,300++ baht for a Pool Villa. The effective rate is just over $310 per night all-in. ^
I splurged and booked the double-pool villa just for moi!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://destinationthailand.org/wp-co...ree-phuket.jpg
double pool master BR
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
costa rica can be 28% off, but if you do 4 nts at hualalai at base rate, thats equivalent to 34% off. 5th nt free at hualalai is obviously 20% off. theres also an unlimited golf package at hualalai.

definitely unusual discounts for hualalai, right?
I have never seen hualalai priced this low. How does Hualalai compare to Maui?

I am just starting to take up golf so I dont know I am at the skill level that course requires
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hualalai is probably the best regarded resort outside of asia in this forum. only negatives are beach and now VOG.

re golf, the unlimited pkg at hulalai/lanai/exuma is not the cheapest rate, but is probably a good deal, especially at hualalai. i think it was lanai that included daily spa credit as well.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:30 pm
In memoriam

Thanks for your responses - but none of them rang a bell. So I went into an old tax file (where I keep credit card records) - and it was the Ritz Carlton Kohala Coast. Any idea what that property is today? Robyn
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RC mauna lani 1991-1995
orchid 1995>2002
fairmont orchid 2002>now
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:10 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
RC mauna lani 1991-1995
orchid 1995>2002
fairmont orchid 2002>now
Took a look at the pictures. That is definitely the place. Thanks. Robyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.