Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: LHW FS BA LH and other things
quite a unique offering:
Guests staying at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle from March 23-30, 2009, will have the unique opportunity to train and actively participate as players in The King's Cup Elephant Polo Tournament, part of the official World Elephant Polo Association Championship series. Taking place in Northern Thailand, the tournament is an annual charitable event that raises money for the country's National Elephant Institute.

Anyone going?

And this for FS Beverly hills (updated preferred amenity for 2009):
Deluxe fruit amenity and welcome card from Executive Office (welcome amenity may be altered to guest's preferences)
Daily Full Breakfast for two at Gardens Restaurant or via In-Room Dining
Curbside check-in available (with confirmed credit card)
Room upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary all-day use of Cabana, Monday-Friday (subject to availability

Last edited by Luxetravels; Mar 18, 2009 at 11:58 pm
Old Mar 19, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: BA BD SA
MO "Delightful Spring Offer"

Just received this in the mail. Basically the best internet rfate with a $25 to $75 per day credit towards F&B or spa. Didn't think it amounted to much but looking at Tokyo where the basic room is about $550 all in the $75 allowance is almost 15%. So not too bad.

It's like having breakfast plus a bit thrown in, I suppose. (How much is breakfast at the MO Tokyo?) But gives you more choices if you are unlikely to take breakfast at the hotel every day.

Again the theme that we have seen so often in this thread is less one of discounting than one of giving you more amenities with your stay.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Luxetravels
Guests staying at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle from March 23-30, 2009, will have the unique opportunity to train and actively participate as players in The King's Cup Elephant Polo Tournament, part of the official World Elephant Polo Association Championship series. Taking place in Northern Thailand, the tournament is an annual charitable event that raises money for the country's National Elephant Institute.
http://www.fourseasons.com/goldentri...tail_3669.html
March 25 to 28, 2009 – Opportunity to watch and possibly join the matches
March 29, 2009 – Final game and award ceremony of the 2009 King's Cup Elephant Polo Tournament
theyre also offering 4th nt free, from $1485 after discount
5 nt rates are from $1425

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 19, 2009 at 9:07 am
Old Mar 19, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Some excellent deals with Emirates ex-UK available here for Dubai, Maldives, South Africa:

http://www.emiratestours.co.uk/SpecialOffers/Index.aspx

Basically, you get the full holiday for less than the usual cost of J flights alone! Note EK1 / EK2 (A380) are excluded.

Last edited by Raffles; Mar 19, 2009 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I just checked out of the FS Aviara. They were offering a special where if you get two spa treatments you get 20% of both of them.

I will write a report/review as soon as I get back to DC.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:02 pm
In memoriam

quite a unique offering:

Anyone going?

And this for FS Beverly hills (updated preferred amenity for 2009):
Deluxe fruit amenity and welcome card from Executive Office (welcome amenity may be altered to guest's preferences)
Daily Full Breakfast for two at Gardens Restaurant or via In-Room Dining
Curbside check-in available (with confirmed credit card)
Room upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary all-day use of Cabana, Monday-Friday (subject to availability
Do you know whether the FS Beverly Hills offer can be combined with the current stay two nights/get one free offer (as of today it is good until 7/4/2009 - but I am hoping that it runs through the fall since I would like to go to the "left coast" about September or so). Robyn

P.S. I saw this was your first post here. Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:26 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Benny8444
I just checked out of the FS Aviara. They were offering a special where if you get two spa treatments you get 20% of both of them.

I will write a report/review as soon as I get back to DC.
As a FWIW - resorts frequently offer discounts on things like spa treatments during off season (even in the best of times). The Breakers (Palm Beach) used to offer something like 20-25% off spa treatments in the summer - so did the FS in Scottsdale. The discounts don't apply to gratuities (optional but expected unless the service is bad IMO). Always ask - because sometimes the discounts are in the pile of information you find in your hotel room - but never bother to look at.

Also - there was an article in the WSJ a day or two ago about groups canceling events at resorts and spas - and it used two properties in my area (Ritz Carlton Amelia Island and Amelia Island Plantation) as examples of the trend. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123724640515048685.html These are basically golf/tennis resorts (beach ok in the summer - kind of cold now).

Also in my area we have the resorts where I live - Ponte Vedra Beach - places like the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club and the Marriott at Sawgrass (hotel partner of the TPC at Sawgrass). Might be some good deals at any or all of these places (there were great deals until 3/1 - now is the absolute height of high season - so if there isn't anything attractive right now - check what's out there starting about mid-May and into the summer (after The Players Championship is over). Robyn
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by robyng
Do you know whether the FS Beverly Hills offer can be combined with the current stay two nights/get one free offer (as of today it is good until 7/4/2009 - but I am hoping that it runs through the fall since I would like to go to the "left coast" about September or so). Robyn

P.S. I saw this was your first post here. Welcome to Flyertalk!
Thank you!

Sure is - Amenity is listed as part of the buy 2 get 3rd free in the GDS.

FYI preferred partners now have the amenity and partnership listed in the GDS (went live a few weeks back) so when you get a confirmation from your TA it will show a preferred partner booking (rather than relying on an email being sent)
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:27 am

Singapore – A Celebration of Art and History (SGD 960 until Dec 09')
Located in the emerging Arts hub, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia
offers culture vultures a palette of experiences through
“A Celebration of Art and History”.
· Two-night stay in an elegantly appointed Deluxe Kallang Bay View Room
· Complimentary full buffet breakfast for two persons at Greenhouse
· A 28-minute self-guided podcast tour of the hotel’s art collection
with accompanying collateral
· Same-day return transfers to the National Museum of Singapore and
Ong Kim Seng’s studio (An appointment with Mr Ong is subject to
his travel commitments)
· Complimentary admission for two persons and a 60-minute docent-guided
tour of the National Museum of Singapore Permanent Galleries
· A “Heartlands: Home and Nation in the Art of Ong Kim Seng”
commemorative book
Old Mar 20, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Raffles
Some excellent deals with Emirates ex-UK available here for Dubai, Maldives, South Africa:

http://www.emiratestours.co.uk/SpecialOffers/Index.aspx

Basically, you get the full holiday for less than the usual cost of J flights alone! Note EK1 / EK2 (A380) are excluded.
Fantastic offers!!!!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:35 pm

Amex singapore have a march promotion with raffles hotel (or fairmont and swissotel):

COURTYARD SUITE PACKAGE @ S$550++ per suite, per night
• One (1) Night Courtyard Suite Accommodation
• Daily breakfast for two (2) at Tiffin Room
• Complimentary Afternoon Tea for two (2) at Tiffin Room (once per stay)
• Complimentary Singapore Sling for two (2) upon check-in
• 24-hour butler service

For reservations at Raffles Hotel, please call 6412 1244 or email: [email protected]

This irresistible promotion is valid daily, from now till 31 May 2009.

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/ca...JtdVsB7gJeAYW&

Not too sure if it applies to everyone or only for Amex singapore holder.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Grounded again
Amex singapore have a march promotion with raffles hotel (or fairmont and swissotel):

COURTYARD SUITE PACKAGE @ S$550++ per suite, per night
• One (1) Night Courtyard Suite Accommodation
• Daily breakfast for two (2) at Tiffin Room
• Complimentary Afternoon Tea for two (2) at Tiffin Room (once per stay)
• Complimentary Singapore Sling for two (2) upon check-in
• 24-hour butler service

Not too sure if it applies to everyone or only for Amex singapore holder.
The T&Cs only state "Current American Express cardmembers are eligible". So looks like its open to all.

I'm thinking of going to Raffles this Aug (unfort too late for this offer). Despite the views on this board who prefer others like FS or RC, I just have to give Raffles a go, if only to tick it off the list.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
The T&Cs only state "Current American Express cardmembers are eligible". So looks like its open to all.

I'm thinking of going to Raffles this Aug (unfort too late for this offer). Despite the views on this board who prefer others like FS or RC, I just have to give Raffles a go, if only to tick it off the list.

I would say the Virtuoso rates from USD$350 buy 2 get one free (inc breakfast) was probably a better offer *inc usual Virtuoso Amenities.
Valid until Sep 20.

Sure is a good year to experience some great hotels at cheap rates

Last edited by Luxetravels; Mar 21, 2009 at 8:48 pm
Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:09 pm
In memoriam

Thank you!

Sure is - Amenity is listed as part of the buy 2 get 3rd free in the GDS.

FYI preferred partners now have the amenity and partnership listed in the GDS (went live a few weeks back) so when you get a confirmation from your TA it will show a preferred partner booking (rather than relying on an email being sent)
Sorry to sound dumb - but what is a GDS (when I know what it is - perhaps I will understand what it means that it "went live")? Robyn
Old Mar 22, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
GDS = Global Distribution System

Formerly called CRS (Computer Reservation System), these are the computer networks that are used in travel agencies, corporate travel departments, and other travel management firms.

The GDS systems link directly into internal airline and hotel reservations systems, allowing the agent to sell directly out of the vendor's inventory.

"Went live" probably means that the feature being described has just recently been added to the system.

The popular GDS systems include Sabre (once a part of American Airlines), Galielo (Apollo, once a part of United Airlines), Worldspan (a merger of the old Delta Airlines DATAS II system and the NW / TWA system known as PARS), and of course good old Amadeus (a merger of the built-from scratch European system Amadeus and the old Eastern Airlines system once known as System One Direct Access)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.