Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidO
The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs ... 50% off ... through Sunday, April 26 and is valid for reservations booked through December 31, 2009.
looks like it applies to all categories including suites up to 4BR and cottages up to 8BR.

Originally Posted by ajinlondon
Singita are doing one night free at the moment so a good discount.
^
http://www.singita.com/index.php/gam...rves/packages/
Book 3 nights at Sasakwa, Faru Faru or Sabora Tented Camp & receive 50% off the 3rd night at Faru Faru or Sabora.

Book 6 nights at any either Sasakwa, Faru Faru or Sabora Tented Camp and only pay for 5!

Book 4 nights at any either Lebombo or Sweni and only pay for 3!
- amex plat/cent offer 5/1 > 8/31
buy a 3.5 hour or longer package at guerlain spa at waldorf NY and get a free companion package of equal or lesser value, for use at same time (standard packages run up to ~$2K)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...omo-recap.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 26, 2009 at 9:46 pm
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:23 pm
In memoriam

I suspect someone has mentioned this before. But just in case...

I was looking at various Ritz Carlton properties outside North America yesterday - like Moscow. Quite a few seem to have stay 3/4 nights - get 2 free - kinds of deals. I'm not sure there's a single place you can find all these offers - or whether you have to go through the properties one at a time. Robyn
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by robyng
I suspect someone has mentioned this before. But just in case...

I was looking at various Ritz Carlton properties outside North America yesterday - like Moscow. Quite a few seem to have stay 3/4 nights - get 2 free - kinds of deals. I'm not sure there's a single place you can find all these offers - or whether you have to go through the properties one at a time. Robyn
I believe you have to go to each property and check. But I remember a few pages back there was a post which each of the FS hotels offering the free night promo.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by robyng
I'm not sure there's a single place you can find all these offers - or whether you have to go through the properties one at a time. Robyn
It appears that nearly all of them are offering a "Peace of Mind" package (from May 1 - Sept 30) that includes:
* Up to 3 free nights;
* Daily breakfast for 2;
* Internet & phone calls;
* Valet parking;
* Resort fees & kids club at resort properties.

These properties do not appear to be offering this package:
The Abaco Club (Bahamas)
Shenzhen (China)
Bali, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts (Thailand)
Milan, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts (Italy)
Hotel Ritz Madrid (Spain)
Krabi (Thailand)
The Ritz London (United Kingdon)
Dove Mountain (USA; Arizona)

These properties offer both Stay 5, Pay 3 and Stay 7, Pay 4 versions of this promo:
Santiago (Chile)
Beijing (China)
Beijing, Financial Street (China)
Guangzhou (China)
Shanghai (China)
Berlin (Germany)
Wolfsburg (Germany)
Jakarta (Indonesia)
Jakarta, Pacific Place (Indonesia)
Osaka (Japan)
Tokyo (Japan)
Seoul (South Korea)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Doha (Qatar)
Moscow (Russia)
Singapore (Singapore)
Barcelona, Hotel Arts (Spain)
Istanbul (Turkey)
Phoenix (USA; Arizona)
Marina del Ray (USA; California)
San Francisco (USA; California)
Denver (USA; Colorado)
Coconut Grove, Miami (USA; Florida)
Atlanta (USA; Georgia)
Buckhead (USA; Georgia)
New Orleans (USA; Louisiana)
Boston Common (USA; Massachusetts)
Dearborn (USA; Michigan)
St. Louis (USA; Missouri)
Battery Park (USA; New York)
Central Park (USA; New York)
Westchester (USA; New York)
Cleveland (USA; Ohio)
Philadelphia (USA; Pennsylvania)
Dallas (USA; Texas)
Georgetown (USA; Washington, DC)
Pentagon City (USA; Washington, DC)
Tysons Corner (USA; Washington, DC)
Washington D.C. (USA; Washington, DC)

And finally, these properties also offer a third option -- Stay 3, Pay 2:
Bahrain (Bahrain)
Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands)
Sanya (China)
Sharm El Sheikh (Egypt)
Enniskerry, County Wicklow (Ireland)
Sintra, Penha Longa (Portugal)
Doha, Sharq Village (Qatar)
Marbella, Hotel Villa Padierna (Spain)
Tenerife, Abama (Spain)
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Half Moon Bay (USA; California)
Laguna Niguel (USA; California)
Bachelor Gulch (USA; Colorado)
Amelia Island (USA; Florida)
Fort Lauderdale (USA; Florida)
Key Biscayne (USA; Florida)
Naples (USA; Florida)
Naples Golf (USA; Florida)
Orlando (USA; Florida)
Palm Beach (USA; Florida)
Sarasota (USA; Florida)
South Beach (USA; Florida)
Lake Oconee (USA; Georgia)
Kapalua, Maui (USA; Hawaii)
Lake Las Vegas (USA; Nevada)
St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands)

My apologies for any typos. If anyone notices any errors, please let me know and I will update.

One final thing -- the promo code for this deal is 'PAF'.

Last edited by MarshKing; Apr 28, 2009 at 6:41 am Reason: Fix Typo # 1 -- It is Stay 7, Pay 4 (Not Stay 7, Pay 5)
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wow, amazing work. ^ btw howd you do it? all i did for FS was "site:fourseasons.com" on google, in combination with the promo name.

buy 4 get 3 = 43% off
buy 3 get 2 = 40% off
buy 2 get 1 = 33% off

^

so, for RC STARS, can you get upgrades etc on these rates?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
wow, amazing work. ^ btw howd you do it? all i did for FS was "site:fourseasons.com" on google, in combination with the promo name.

buy 4 get 3 = 43% off
buy 3 get 2 = 40% off
buy 2 get 1 = 33% off

^

so, for RC STARS, can you get upgrades etc on these rates?
Thanks! I tried using Google's "site:..." feature, but finally just ended up doing all the work directly on the RC site. It took a little bit of time, but when compared to the ridiculous amount of insight and info that I've gained from Flyertalk over the past 10 years, I figure that I am still (way) ahead.

I have a call scheduled with a rep from Ritz Carlton to talk about their Stars program this Friday, and will specifically inquire about combining this promo with the program and will share what I find out.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks for this MarshKing! I may have to try a couple of these. If you find out before I do, please let me know if these can be booked by Amex Centurion agents with FHR benefits.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

id think STARS would be the only way to combine, considering thats the case with FSPP, right?

http://www.marketingmag.ca/english/n...9_172513_43024
RC YYZ condos (from $1.2MM) offering $250K hotel credit
anyone who did this is a serious winner now, considering RC owners get base suite @ lowest published rate.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Great work, Kage! Thanks!!
you mean MarshKing for all the RC work

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 28, 2009 at 12:12 pm
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great work, Kage! Thanks!!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:33 am

id think STARS would be the only way to combine, considering thats the case with FSPP, right?
That is what I think, too. I'll ask (doesn't hurt, right?), but I'd bet that the Ritz reservation system will not recognize both the "PAF" and "FHR" promo codes simultaneously. The STARS program (at least my limited understanding of it) is more of a manual override that adds the benefits.

That's not to say that an AmEx CTS agent couldn't make a call to the property and inquire as to whether there may some negotiating room in terms of combining benefits.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
So you would get the upgrade and PP benefits for the RC if you book via a stars rep?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I may have missed it, but I don't recollect anyone posting in this thread the Summer Splendour promotion for Peninsula hotels. I didn't scan all properties online (paging kagehitokiri... ), but it looks like it's generally buy two nights (breakfast included) at promotional rates and get a gift certificate for a free night, presumably on a future stay, at any hotel in the group. There are some restrictions and blackout dates, and my quick scan didn't reveal what category of room the gift certificate is valid for. But the globetrotters among us could stretch the value of this deal by having the qualifying stays at, say, Bangkok or Manila, and use the gift certificate at Tokyo, Chicago, or New York.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It was mentioned somewhere. The snag is that the 'free night' is actually a 'buy one, get one free' night and the one you pay for must be at rack rate - which at the moment is often twice the cheapest internet rate anyway!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Rates at the Four Seasons Hampshire now start at GBP195 per night, which sounds like good value.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Rates at the Four Seasons Hampshire now start at GBP195 per night, which sounds like good value.
We had a booking this weekend which I cancelled yesterday as our sproglet is a little off-colour, and that was £365 B&B for a Heritage Room.

Note though that the £195 rate is EXC VAT (the B&B rates include it) so its really £225. Breakfast can also be £60-£80 for a couple if you take cooked items so the actual rate is closer to £300 anyway, and that's for the cheap interior rooms with no view.

Heritage Room on the same plan is £290 + VAT = £334 per night + £60+ if you have a big breakfast. You're better off with the B&B rate which is £380 inc VAT for the same nights I looked at and (as we've found out many times) as much room service breakfast as you want. (This is the great thing about this place - B&B rates include room service delivery for breakfast at no extra charge and no limit to how much you order.)

Even the '3rd night free' promo is not as good a deal as it looks, because once you've added in an expensive breakfast for two you're pretty close to the standard B&B rate anyway.

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 30, 2009 at 6:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.