Reload this Page >

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
even if capacity is not an issue, there is no way to avoid lines

if a large property offers some expensive/etc amenity, then tiered accommodation can help

OTOH tiered accommodation could be separate properties

OTOH large properties with expensive/etc amenities are no different than small properties with "normal" amenities >

"aman
One day I'm going to have to stay at an Aman but from those I've visited for lunch or toured I didn't have a good experience and wouldn't stay there (i.e. Amangani, Amandari). Amangani and Amandari are nice hotels but they didn't have the service or food or accomodations or facilities which compared favorably to the hotels we were staying in.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not trying to overstate, just raising.

im sure there are some very small properties with matching amenities.

if aman's margins could be above average, they could add missing amenities and then have average margins.

and FS are comparatively small, especially versus RC. thats why this came up.

HK is probably more about HK. its not better regarded than other HK properties. but it is indeed possibly the least mixed and best regarded FS over 250 rooms. because its HK, not just asia. pen tokyo would be an even better example. im not sure how hualalai's large number of residences might factor into this discussion.

unfortunately we are now not talking about HK/tokyo/asia but orlando FL. will be very interesting to see. large. but perhaps better location for service than south florida? perhaps FS/disney residence monthly revenue will help? RC has a club level and a spa pool. perhaps the lower cost of living (and climate) will attract good FS staff from other properties? clearly equity/finance holders are also a factor, either positive or negative.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 15, 2011 at 7:15 am
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

prague update http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...que-buildings/
Four Seasons Prague unveils new looks in modern [main?] and Baroque buildings...The Lobby and Renaissance building phases are complete, and remodeling of Classical building will follow. Redesign of the Hotel´s restaurant is scheduled for completion in the winter of 2012.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:47 pm

Can FS really sell 444 rooms at FS rates per night on a regular basis?

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/po...world/547151/1
Old Sep 15, 2011, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it competes with nothing at disney, disney is huge, and only competitor in orlando is RC.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
not trying to overstate, just raising.

im sure there are some very small properties with matching amenities.

if aman's margins could be above average, they could add missing amenities and then have average margins.

and FS are comparatively small, especially versus RC. thats why this came up.

HK is probably more about HK. its not better regarded than other HK properties. but it is indeed possibly the least mixed and best regarded FS over 250 rooms. because its HK, not just asia. pen tokyo would be an even better example. im not sure how hualalai's large number of residences might factor into this discussion.

unfortunately we are now not talking about HK/tokyo/asia but orlando FL. will be very interesting to see. large. but perhaps better location for service than south florida? perhaps FS/disney residence monthly revenue will help? RC has a club level and a spa pool. perhaps the lower cost of living (and climate) will attract good FS staff from other properties? clearly equity/finance holders are also a factor, either positive or negative.
Hmm...what's all this talk of having too many rooms at FS Disney?...don't forget the demand would always be there ...what with Miss Snow White and her 7 dwarfs and Cinderella with her sisters and the potential suitors. The various witches from all over Disney World. Mickey , Pluto and gang would surely like to indulge in a spa treatment or 2 ......heck at this rate there would need to be an additional wing added in no time !
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
There are a lot of well-to-do people who want to take their kids to the Orlando theme parks. I recently went to Disneyland in Anaheim with my wife and had to settle for the Hyatt Regency as there were no luxury hotels in the vicinty. I'm sure FS did their usual due diligence and market research before agreeing to manage this property. This property will appeal to the growing number of high-end foreign tourists who are familiar with a global brand like FS.

And while there may be some who shudder at the trend of new FS properties that aren't in the same league as George V or Tented Camp, the company's primary objective is to make money, not to maintain a cachet of ultra exclusivity to please a small subset of super high end travellers.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by francophile
There are a lot of well-to-do people who want to take their kids to the Orlando theme parks. I recently went to Disneyland in Anaheim with my wife and had to settle for the Hyatt Regency as there were no luxury hotels in the vicinty. I'm sure FS did their usual due diligence and market research before agreeing to manage this property. This property will appeal to the growing number of high-end foreign tourists who are familiar with a global brand like FS.

And while there may be some who shudder at the trend of new FS properties that aren't in the same league as George V or Tented Camp, the company's primary objective is to make money, not to maintain a cachet of ultra exclusivity to please a small subset of super high end travellers.
Unlike Amanresorts.....
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:13 am

Theme parks like Disney need better accommodation in the luxury sector, I can see why FS is doing this, they see a business opportunity with a cash cow being located inside Disney, which is always filled with people. I would like to visit theme parks with my family but everywhere you want to go there are no luxury market hotels. Same is euro disney,,
Im glad they are doing this, setting an example! OK they could do it with smaller scale instead of 444 rooms,,,
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:31 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

I agree that FS will have no problem filling this place. I see it as a natural extension of their 'family friendly' policy. Sadly, I also see it as a natural extension of their 'bigger is better' policy that they now seem to be following.

Of course, it remains to be seen if they can offer 'true' FS service at a property of this size - especially a resort. It also remains to be seen if they will actually NEED to provide that level of service to make most guests happy - after all, it's not like there is a whole lot of competition at the luxury level in that area.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i dont really see why properties cant be designed perfectly and then have prices set at level of certain profit margin.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I am almost embarrassed to admit that having a Four Seasons makes me much more likely to take my kids to Disneyworld. It would make the trip a lot more pleasant although the Grand Floridian is supposed to be fairly nice.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:02 pm

the opening of the Four Seasons Baku has been delayed to early 2012 and the hotel's website is now open with a few pictures uploaded http://www.fourseasons.com/baku/
rgrds, ek001
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by xracer
I agree that FS will have no problem filling this place. I see it as a natural extension of their 'family friendly' policy. Sadly, I also see it as a natural extension of their 'bigger is better' policy that they now seem to be following.

Of course, it remains to be seen if they can offer 'true' FS service at a property of this size - especially a resort. It also remains to be seen if they will actually NEED to provide that level of service to make most guests happy - after all, it's not like there is a whole lot of competition at the luxury level in that area.
Other than the RC (which has 582 rooms and suites) and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando (498 rooms and suites), it should at least keep the FS a little bit on their heels. The FS does have an attractive location advantage over those two other properties.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phantom862
Looks like St Petersburg is scheduled for mid 2012

http://jobs.fourseasons.com/ourcompa...s_resorts.aspx
183 rooms

http://www.4hoteliers.com/4hots_fshw.php?mwi=6317

Richard Raab has been named Hotel Manager for the Four Seasons Lion Palace St. Petersburg. He has been with the company since 1998, most recently as Resort Manager at the Four Seasons Nevis.

Ernesto Velasco has transferred as Director of Finance to the Four Seasons Lion Palace St. Petersburg. He is the former Director of Finance at the Four Seasons Mauritius at Anahita and at the Four Seasons Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru.

paris departure >
Mandarin Oriental is building a dream team in Europe: Gilles Humeau, the former Director of Marketing at the Four Seasons George V, has been named Vice President of Sales, Southern Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.