Reload this Page >

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Casa de Campo / Milan

I apologies if this has been discussed earlier in the thread....

Seems Casa de Campo will not happen anymore

and, i will be shocked if this is confirmed but rumors are out that they could close/sell "Milan"!!!! I do not usually trust too much word of mouth, but this source has been proved very acknowledged in the past.... have you heard anything similar?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
rumors are out that [owner] could close/sell "Milan"!!!! I do not usually trust too much word of mouth, but this source has been proved very acknowledged in the past.... have you heard anything similar?
http://www.statuto.it/en/hotel_e_resort.html
Portfolio:

Hotel Danieli Venezia
Four Seasons Milano
The first W Hotel in Italy, Milan (under construction)
The first Mandarin Hotel in Italy, Milan (under construction)
Intercontinental Grand Hotel Duomo, Milan (under construction)
bought FS from quinlan in 2006 for €200mm+
http://ehotelier.com/hospitality-new...A7993_0_11_0_M
bought danieli in 2005 for €177mm
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.fourseasons.com/toronto-n...ms_and_suites/ pics updated
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8.150550247946 guangzhou renderings
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:46 am

Having just been to casa de campo and seen the site that was supposed to become the four seasons resort, i can confirm that there is definitely nothing going on.
And it would not make sense to build another hotel inside the resort, they would compete each other out. Casa de Campo hotel is beautiful now after the renovations but some of the rooms are certainly not of LHW standards.
I have head though that four seasons is looking for other sites in dominican republic,,,
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by phantom862
i heard that they are closing the old one once the new hotel opens

check out the rooms..........very nice

http://www.fourseasons.com/toronto-n...-hotel-TFY_028
I heard the same thing.

The rooms don't look bad, but they seem uninspiring and "FS Generic" to me.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:09 am

Fs disney 2014

http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...-open-in-2014/
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for posting- unfortunately it sounds both awful and a very strange turn for the Four Seasons Strategy:

The development will include a 444-room Four Seasons resort plus up to 40 Four Seasons Residence Club units and up to 90 Four Seasons Private Residences. Within the resort will be several dining venues including a rooftop restaurant with Magic Kingdom views; a 14,000 square foot (1,300 square metre) spa with 18 treatment rooms; a fitness centre; three pools and a “lazy river”; sports facilities including tennis courts, basketball court and climbing wall; two recreational centres for children, teens and families; and approximately 37,750 square feet (3,500 square metres) of meeting and event space plus a business centre. The development will encompass the existing Tom Fazio-designed Osprey Ridge 18-hole championship golf course, which will be renovated and subsequently managed by Four Seasons.Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is an enclave located within the Golden Oak residential community, created and master-planned by Disney.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Thank you for posting- unfortunately it sounds both awful and a very strange turn for the Four Seasons Strategy:

The development will include a 444-room Four Seasons resort plus up to 40 Four Seasons Residence Club units and up to 90 Four Seasons Private Residences. Within the resort will be several dining venues including a rooftop restaurant with Magic Kingdom views; a 14,000 square foot (1,300 square metre) spa with 18 treatment rooms; a fitness centre; three pools and a “lazy river”; sports facilities including tennis courts, basketball court and climbing wall; two recreational centres for children, teens and families; and approximately 37,750 square feet (3,500 square metres) of meeting and event space plus a business centre. The development will encompass the existing Tom Fazio-designed Osprey Ridge 18-hole championship golf course, which will be renovated and subsequently managed by Four Seasons.Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is an enclave located within the Golden Oak residential community, created and master-planned by Disney.
I am sure that this is not something that Issy Sharp would have condoned when he was in charge. This type of property proves to me that FS are fragmenting their brand - populist second-tier properties like this versus exclusive discerning properties such as FS Florence & George V. We could be witnessing the demise of this once great hotel brand, rather like we witnessed the gradual fall of Ritz-Carlton post Marriott.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I am sure that this is not something that Issy Sharp would have condoned when he was in charge. This type of property proves to me that FS are fragmenting their brand - populist second-tier properties like this versus exclusive discerning properties such as FS Florence & George V. We could be witnessing the demise of this once great hotel brand, rather like we witnessed the gradual fall of Ritz-Carlton post Marriott.
Let's see what happens. It is impossible to provide personalized service in a 440+ room hotel with residences, huge meeting spaces, and vacation (time share) apartments. I cannot see how this will help the Four Seasons brand or indeed clarify positioning as you have (I am in full agreement) suggested. Disney is great. Four Seasons is great. Putting the two together in this proposed way sounds like FS is moving far closer to Hyatt (and not Park Hyatt!).
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

up to 40 fractionals and up to 90 residences = ^
although disney residences have 6 month min lease
maybe hope for fractionals in hotel inventory with private lobby/etc

444 rooms =
maybe hope for club level like buenos aires (25 rooms) and maui (26-31 rooms)
RC/FS equal/larger, slightly edited >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
RC >

444 amelia island, atlanta

450-483 key biscanye, naples beach, sanya, maui, dubai IFC, abama, barcelona

517 / 527 / 584 buckhead, new orleans, orlando

608 / 610 singapore, shanghai

FS >

531 sydney (former regent)
timeshares = one week (only aviara and scottsdale)
fractionals = multiple weeks
I am sure that this is not something that Issy Sharp would have condoned when he was in charge.
2003 annual report says initial orlando transaction was fourth quarter 2002

october 2003 http://www.allbusiness.com/transport...4234284-1.html >
425-room hotel...time-share properties...Isadore Sharp said the upscale hotel chain had been looking for a site in the Orlando area for several years
march 2007 http://corporate.disney.go.com/corpo...ons030207.html >
"The Resort will have all the ingredients needed to create memorable vacations: gracious and caring staff; beautiful surroundings that are thoughtfully designed; and services and amenities that make every experience one to cherish," said Kathleen Taylor, president and chief operating officer, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. "It's an honor to collaborate with Walt Disney World Resort on this project. Walt Disney's reputation for service excellence and exceptional family entertainment amenities is an ideal complement to the values of Four Seasons. Central Florida will be a valuable addition to our family of resorts, particularly since this is a destination our guests already enjoy."
alwaleed/gates offer announced november 2006, closed february 2007

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luxury
The Sales Manager from the FS Bosphorus was mentioning a FS in Bodrum opening in 2013/14.....
Yes, this is true. I was at the next table when Scott Woroch of FS was signing the management contract. Bit too large, IMHO - around 160/70 keys. Not exactly Amanruya.
1998 and 1999 annual reports mention bodrum.

did that end up as kempinski like indian properties? (reports suggest similarities - residences/rooms/timing.)

or was the project on hold until now?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 13, 2011 at 12:39 pm
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:28 pm

Let's see what happens. It is impossible to provide personalized service in a 440+ room hotel with residences, huge meeting spaces, and vacation (time share) apartments. I cannot see how this will help the Four Seasons brand or indeed clarify positioning as you have (I am in full agreement) suggested. Disney is great. Four Seasons is great. Putting the two together in this proposed way sounds like FS is moving far closer to Hyatt (and not Park Hyatt!).

Watch this news video. Apparently the hotel will employ a large no of people so service won't be compromised ......... i guess.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ing-to-orlando

Personally i feel the no of rooms is wise since Orlando is becoming an attractive destination for many international travellers.....esp for the Chinese
even though they have a Disneyland at HK .
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by phantom862
Watch this news video. Apparently the hotel will employ a large no of people so service won't be compromised ......... i guess.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ing-to-orlando

Personally i feel the no of rooms is wise since Orlando is becoming an attractive destination for many international travellers.....esp for the Chinese
even though they have a Disneyland at HK .
I agree. If a large hotel has a luxury level staff to guest ratio and a luxury level space to guest ratio, the size of the hotel doesn't matter to me. The size seems to impact most directly exclusivity and exclusivity is one of the "luxury" factors to which I'm least sensitive. A large hotel can also afford to offer amenities which doesn't make sense financially to offer in a smaller hotel. I tend to appreciate these amenities, like a top notch gym and class offering. We have an example of this model working well already...The Four Seasons Hong Kong seems to be amongst the very favorite of discerning FS guests who stay there.

Part of the reason some of us feel Ritz Carlton's aren't offering the level of luxury that they used to offer is because the level of competition has risen dramatically over last 10-20 years and they seem to suffer too great a variety of quality across their brand.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
The size seems to impact most directly exclusivity and exclusivity is one of the "luxury" factors to which I'm least sensitive.
even if capacity is not an issue, there is no way to avoid lines

if a large property offers some expensive/etc amenity, then tiered accommodation can help

OTOH tiered accommodation could be separate properties

OTOH large properties with expensive/etc amenities are no different than small properties with "normal" amenities >

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
A large hotel can also afford to offer amenities which doesn't make sense financially to offer in a smaller hotel.
aman

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 14, 2011 at 9:49 am
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold

I'm waiting for the first person to complain how "Disney" it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.