New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:38 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

I wonder what ever happened to the proposed FS resort in Kerala. I recall being in the Maldives a few years ago and speaking to the spa director at the FS LG and she was just raving about what the place would look like when it was done.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by xracer
I wonder what ever happened to the proposed FS resort in Kerala. I recall being in the Maldives a few years ago and speaking to the spa director at the FS LG and she was just raving about what the place would look like when it was done.
FS Kerala is mentioned in one of the links Phantom862 posted :

http://news.in.msn.com/business/arti...mentid=5131282

I wonder which hotel in Goa they are looking at taking over the management of?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 1:05 pm

This is interesting : http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies...orts-india-836

The deal means no other FS in Delhi for 25 years!

FS resorts aimed at the tourism industry in Rajahstan,kerala and Goa....Rajahstan could have two resorts.
Another tented camp perhaps!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by paul2

The deal means no other FS in Delhi for 25 years!

It is actually very depressing . Delhi is a very old city and has quite a history . Every major hospitality brand knows that the best location is at Chanakyapuri near the diplomatic enclave. This area is quite near to the old part of the city which contains the palaces and fascinating Mughal architecture.

Very surprised that FS chose Noida and that too with this exclusive deal. would have to wait 25 yrs until Delhi gets its proper FS

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Interesting that Four Seasons seem to be concentrating on business hotels in India, and mostly in very un-touristy locations. Goa is my only hope, but then so many have tried and failed there - Four Seasons included!
I seem to recall that FS was cheated by Leela Hospitality regarding the Goa resort. I don't think they operated any hotel in Goa.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by phantom862
It is actually very depressing . Delhi is a very old city and has quite a history . Every major hospitality brand knows that the best location is at Chanakyapuri near the diplomatic enclave. This area is quite near to the old part of the city which contains the palaces and fascinating Mughal architecture.

Very surprised that FS chose Noida and that too with this exclusive deal. would have to wait 25 yrs until Delhi gets its proper FS

I seem to recall that FS was cheated by Leela Hospitality regarding the Goa resort. I don't think they operated any hotel in Goa.
Four Seasons did manage the Leela for a short time.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:45 am

In fact, Four Seasons had a two-stage contract with Leela (Captain Nair) and the first stage involved them overseeing a major renovation and re-design of Leela Goa, together with hiring and training staff. The second stage of the contract was to actually manage the resort, but Captain Nair fired them before the second stage took effect.

I was staying there in the first week of re-opening and by the time I arrived, Four Seasons Goa had been transformed into The Leela Kempinski Goa (or rather transformed back, as Kempinski were the original management group). They had brought in Reto Torriani from Bora Bora to crisis manage for Kempinski. They had stuck little stickers over the Four Seasons toiletries and the staff could not stop talking about how wonderful Four Seasons had been.

I doubt very much if Four Seasons will create a Tented Camp style property in India because the Golden Triangle version in Thailand was created and built by Bill Heinecke and it took a lot of persuasion to get Four Seasons to manage it. These days, Four Seasons are much happier with a 300-key business hotel, I feel.

Four Seasons would have to find an enlightened owner in Kerala and Rajasthan in order to create magic and right now, those owners are either doing it themselves or are turning to Taj and Oberoi, who are past masters at managing India's luxury properties. I also do not believe that Four Seasons can compete with Aman on any level in India, so maybe that is why Four Seasons are sticking to what they know best - business.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
In fact, Four Seasons had a two-stage contract with Leela (Captain Nair) and the first stage involved them overseeing a major renovation and re-design of Leela Goa, together with hiring and training staff. The second stage of the contract was to actually manage the resort, but Captain Nair fired them before the second stage took effect.

I was staying there in the first week of re-opening and by the time I arrived, Four Seasons Goa had been transformed into The Leela Kempinski Goa (or rather transformed back, as Kempinski were the original management group). They had brought in Reto Torriani from Bora Bora to crisis manage for Kempinski. They had stuck little stickers over the Four Seasons toiletries and the staff could not stop talking about how wonderful Four Seasons had been.

I doubt very much if Four Seasons will create a Tented Camp style property in India because the Golden Triangle version in Thailand was created and built by Bill Heinecke and it took a lot of persuasion to get Four Seasons to manage it. These days, Four Seasons are much happier with a 300-key business hotel, I feel.

Four Seasons would have to find an enlightened owner in Kerala and Rajasthan in order to create magic and right now, those owners are either doing it themselves or are turning to Taj and Oberoi, who are past masters at managing India's luxury properties. I also do not believe that Four Seasons can compete with Aman on any level in India, so maybe that is why Four Seasons are sticking to what they know best - business.
I didn't realize Bill had to pull teeth getting FS to manage that property. I bet FS is glad they do now.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:11 pm

Vienna signed?

http://www.4hoteliers.com/4hots_nshw.php?mwi=8531
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Shangri-La

The building in question is this - 7 riemergasse - former commercial court - future FS Vienna

http://www.driendl.at/index.php?id=254&L=1
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:59 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
India rumor even adding some locations...

This one quoting FS to come to Goa, Rajasthan (Jaipur AND other cities), Kerala and Agra over the next 3 years, additionally to NCR (national capital region), Mumbai and Bangalore:

http://luxurysociety.com/news/16245

Hope they don't just build these dull "300-key-business-hotels" (quote vuittonsofstyle) like f.e. FS Singapore and others there, but very special, individual masterpieces like FS Florence, FS Bosphorus, FS Tented Camp...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:29 am

Again India........

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...esorts/433290/
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:03 am

Any new properties in the works for the Caribbean? What about the proposed Bermuda resort?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Any new properties in the works for the Caribbean? What about the proposed Bermuda resort?

1.Bermuda is in planning stages . The interior design is by Anderson Miller.

2. Grenada ( Mount Harmon estate ) is on hold. Cinnammon88 wants to complete Barbados first.

3. Casa de Campo , Dominican Republic - status unknown

4. Belize at Blackadore Caye ( project by Leonardo Di Caprio )- probably on hold or possibly cancelled, but still talked about.

5. Puerto Rico at Cayo Largo or Cayo Largo resort - status unknown.

6. Tobago at Golden Grove - status unknown.

7. US Virgin Islands , Cayman Islands and St Lucia are currently on FS radar.

According to a recently published article in Financial Times , the company wants to enter Spain , Germany and the Scandinavian nations ( prob Denmark and Sweden ). They want to open more hotels in Italy and even more hotels in London
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by phantom862
1.Bermuda is in planning stages . The interior design is by Anderson Miller.

2. Grenada ( Mount Harmon estate ) is on hold. Cinnammon88 wants to complete Barbados first.

3. Casa de Campo , Dominican Republic - status unknown

4. Belize at Blackadore Caye ( project by Leonardo Di Caprio )- probably on hold or possibly cancelled, but still talked about.

5. Puerto Rico at Cayo Largo or Cayo Largo resort - status unknown.

6. Tobago at Golden Grove - status unknown.

7. US Virgin Islands , Cayman Islands and St Lucia are currently on FS radar.

According to a recently published article in Financial Times , the company wants to enter Spain , Germany and the Scandinavian nations ( prob Denmark and Sweden ). They want to open more hotels in Italy and even more hotels in London
Is Barbados under construction?

It would be cool if they push with more growth in those countries you've mentioned. I also remember reading an article on how they wanted to do a project on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Does having multiple properties in one city hurt?

Last edited by Shangri-La; Apr 27, 2011 at 2:05 pm
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:05 pm

I see that the Shanghai on Pudong property is posted on the FS site under new resorts and hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.