Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:38 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Thanks everyone. Amanzoe confirms the waters are not usually rough this time of year. Perhaps we could take our son on the WallyOne to Hydra and do an adult dinner later in the week on Spetses. I love the sound of the Amphitheater dinner but it might be cold at night in early May.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:09 pm

I agree with Zephyrous - Hydra is best for a daytime visit, have lunch by the harbour and a wander around the town and along the coast. Spetses is also lovely during the day but the restaurants are great for dinner.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Any views on the quality of healthcare available? We're thinking of visiting with what will be a 4.5 month old and after all sorts of stories in the press about the Greek health system we're just a bit concerned about what happens if our child is unwell...

Cheers
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by pauljeff
Any views on the quality of healthcare available? We're thinking of visiting with what will be a 4.5 month old and after all sorts of stories in the press about the Greek health system we're just a bit concerned about what happens if our child is unwell...

Cheers
Not to worry. There is a doctor on call 24/7. And if that isn't enough, there are still good private hospitals in Athens, which is 2 hours or a short helicopter ride away. Amanzoe is a world class resort that you can rely on.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:57 am

Any Virtuso offers? Looking for 3 rooms for 3-5 nights in August and not seeing anything beneath 1800 EUR/night

Would they discount kids room?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:08 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Any Virtuso offers? Looking for 3 rooms for 3-5 nights in August and not seeing anything beneath 1800 EUR/night

Would they discount kids room?
Very short high season (August) so I doubt it, but you could always try to ask.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
Yup, since it's a family trip I don't really care to be there in high season, the rates are 930 EUR for Oct stay... That should give us more time to look forward to it.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
If you go in October, make sure you look into this half board package.
https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanzoe...manzoe-essence
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by Musken
Has anyone here booked a Virtuoso rate before? I was considering visiting it but wasn't sure about the amenities available. They don't have many suites available; only the ~1-1.5k base rooms and the villas which start at 6k so I wouldn't be expecting any upgrades.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
Has anyone here booked a Virtuoso rate before? I was considering visiting it but wasn't sure about the amenities available. They don't have many suites available; only the ~1-1.5k base rooms and the villas which start at 6k so I wouldn't be expecting any upgrades.
Amanzoe doesn't have "suites" at all. All 38 of their pavilions are the same, except some have a 12m pool vs the standard 6m pool. They are huge, so you really won't feel that you're missing out. As for upgrades, the best I've ever had was getting the 12m pool. If anyone ever got upgraded from a 12m pool pavilion to a villa, I would be really impressed....and jealous.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
They donīt have any suites (as most Amans) as far as I know. Only the Pavillions and Cabanas, so 3 categories. Never heared about upgrades to Villas.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:17 am

Not sure when you're planning on visiting but I've been in talks with the property for early October and they've offered an upgrade at booking without any prompting.

Fdw
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by offerendum
They donīt have any suites (as most Amans) as far as I know. Only the Pavillions and Cabanas, so 3 categories. Never heared about upgrades to Villas.
I have only stayed once at an Aman, but it was the Aman Tokyo so not a resort and I was upgraded from a corner suite to an Aman suite.

Last edited by expatOWflyer; Apr 12, 2016 at 8:03 am Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by offerendum
Sorry; just a bad choice of words, the base rooms I meant. Strangely they don't have any rooms between the Villas and the Cabanas and Pavilions; so I may have to book a 4BR
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
upgrade at booking without any prompting.

Fdw
I would be visiting in May; but what sort of upgrades I should be expecting at booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.