Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

rates from
970 dlx pavilion 100m2 indoor 110m2 outdoor 12m long pool (can book connecting)
4800 (1200 per bedroom) 4BR villa (residence) with 20m long pool, chef, host
if looking at 6K, i read that '9BR' villa 20 publishes 15K in october and this month

could always try negotiating last minute / walk up especially during lowest season

agency 'amenities' are kind of a joke, unless high value upgrade
plat FHR breakfast + massage, virtuoso breakfast + one lunch

amanresorts offers Exclusives on their website - zoe >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26349211

Exclusives breakfast may be more reliable than agency breakfast
same with upgrades, may work better when part of an Exclusive
zoe Exclusives (above link) include upgrade in apr, may, sep, oct

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 17, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
I would be visiting in May; but what sort of upgrades I should be expecting at booking
Normally 6 m Pavillion to 12m Pavillion. You must know if you need a Villa. If yes, upgrades aren´t the main problem.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by offerendum
Normally 6 m Pavillion to 12m Pavillion. You must know if you need a Villa. If yes, upgrades aren´t the main problem.
I was thinking of booking their 4BR or their 5BR; but can I receive an upgrade if I book one of their villas through Virtuoso? I would be going for a 7-night stay in May if that would make a difference in availability.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
I was thinking of booking their 4BR or their 5BR; but can I receive an upgrade if I book one of their villas through Virtuoso? I would be going for a 7-night stay in May if that would make a difference in availability.
Ask you agent, but I doubt it - p.s. how many people will you be?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Anyone with experience on the weather there in mid-October, average day and evening temperatures ? Am considering the half board package mentioned by Ericka.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Anyone with experience on the weather there in mid-October, average day and evening temperatures ? Am considering the half board package mentioned by Ericka.
Like most of Europe at this time of year, October is cold, but sometimes with sunshine during the day. Not hot, though - just balmy. I personally would not go at this time of year.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Like most of Europe at this time of year, October is cold, but sometimes with sunshine during the day. Not hot, though - just balmy. I personally would not go at this time of year.
+1 I've mentioned it before here....our first stay was the 2nd October and we saw the sun for about 3 hours the entire time. The staff kindly told us that the weather was perfect before we arrived, so I looked it up and they were not lying. We went back in June the next year and had perfect weather, then decided to go back beginning of September the same year, which was also perfect. I wouldn't go in October again.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Damn, so I will pull it from my list for this year

Thanks for the info. ^
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what about april and may ?

E850 - apr oct - pool pavilion or https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanzoe/beach-cabanas
E1000 - may
E1400 - jun sep
E1650 - jul aug
+E120 for deluxe pool pavilion (only +E100 in may)

current exclusives http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26349211

wonder whether villa owners have access to villas during winter closure
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:28 pm

I've been end of May as well and the weather was perfect then. Only issue was that it was school holidays, so the resort was at full capacity. Try and time it so you're avoiding them.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:04 am

Aman managed to secure AD coverage (online at least).

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/g...ocial_facebook
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by offerendum
Ask you agent, but I doubt it - p.s. how many people will you be?
There would be just three in my party
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

presumably occupying two or three bedrooms? you should ask for floorplans of villas, as they vary

i would also be curious re whether any amans / general managers will currently upgrade between villa categories especially during lowest seasons / lowest occupancy periods. aman is doing Exclusives that include upgrades at checkin (including at zoe) and occasionally guaranteed upgrade at properties like sara, bagh, taka. not anymore, but noi actually advertised guaranteed upgrade for a while, not sure whether / how they honored that - they changed it, so i presume it was not fully intentional when published online. when upgrade and or breakfast is via Exclusive offered by aman, may sometimes work better than upgrade/breakfast/etc via agency/program 'benefit' as there were multiple reports of 'problems' with virtuoso (and FHR?) breakfast at aman.

zoe has many fewer villas, with rates starting slightly higher than yara villas, zoe is only open for a limited season, and zoe has much easier accessibility in terms of flights from european cities / countries, and locals. so less likely vs other aman that zoe will often / ever do lower rates when using 1/2/3BR in the villas, especially during high seasons, when they often sell out entirely and or are occupied by owners. i would imagine things will be very different once zoe has many more villas than they do right now, they are planning quite a few. kind of similar situation at amanera right after it opened, with only one 2BR that does not even have staff. according to quoted ratecard and when it was in online reservations, that nera 2BR (no staff) starts at similar rate as 4BR at zoe (with staff) but nera has additional 15% in tax/service. presumably will be different once nera has more 2BRs and many villas.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 7, 2016 at 5:56 am
Old May 14, 2016, 10:28 am

Will be here in just over a week for 4 nights.

Does anyone have the GM's contact info?

Also, any other recommendations for things to do in the area, or on the drive down/back from Athens (we will have a car)?

FWIW, we will also be taking advantage of their Amanzoe Awakening inclusions for May: Hydra, Wine Tasting, Fraxthi Cave and Avgo Monastery w/picnic, Epidavros/Mycenae/Napfolio tour w/guide.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanzoe...nzoe-awakening

Thanks in advance.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:38 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We're just back. I PM'd you the GM contact info. Trip report up in a few days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.