Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
The rates for next summer at Amanruya have been released and are similar to those at Amanzo'e (from E1100). I can't decide which to try first....
Adrian Zecha always says that at times of crisis, raise the rates. Frankly, given the absolute supremacy of both Amans, in Turkey & Greece, I can't blame him. They are impeccable.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rates for next summer at Amanruya have been released and are similar to those at Amanzo'e (from E1100). I can't decide which to try first....
"similar" is correct - ruya has 11% more fee. ruya accommodation design also varies

ruya and zoe are through oct 2013, will be interesting to see if they end up doing seasons or not

previous discussion >
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
For next summer rates will increase from 800 to 1100 Eur, and for seaview from 900 to 1200.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
they might end up extending intro like ruya.
ruya put up and took down 1100/1200 rates. i presume that will be after apr 2013.
IIRC sveti had 2 seasons (summer premium) before changing to 1 season.
i do know i (and others) have posts discussing these and other changes, should incl sveti specifics.
it may have been Pierre&Cedric who first posted about ruya putting up new rates.
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Indeed, I wanted to book Ruya and because of the increase (at that time it was not even indicated on the website but it was told by their reservation center) I prefered to wait and finally ended up with reservation at Zoé.
http://web.archive.org/web/201106240...uya/rates.aspx
shows intro originally ended apr 30 2012, before being extended to apr 30 2013
http://www.amanresorts.com/amanruya/rates.aspx

other season changes include >
http://web.archive.org/web/201012191...fan/rates.aspx (become annual)
http://web.archive.org/web/200912171...iri/rates.aspx (become annual)
and
http://web.archive.org/web/201012201...ani/rates.aspx
http://web.archive.org/web/201104300...ani/rates.aspx (4 seasons to 3)
few amans have seasonal rates >
4 - yara
3 - gani
2 - puri, pulo, bagh, new delhi

wella/galla considering second season?
and i think only puri and bagh are owned by aman
puri may have changed, but i find it hard to believe
wella/galla did indeed add second (low) season
gani and ruya have done things with meals like puri (actually in rates not exclusives)
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Adrian Zecha always says that at times of crisis, raise the rates.
Frankly, given the absolute supremacy of both Amans, in Turkey & Greece
especially the size, even including sveti stefan, in terms of selling out
will be interesting to see what both do with residential villas in hotel inventory, with zoe first

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 7, 2012 at 9:20 am
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:15 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

If spa is important, go with Amanzoe (since Amanruya doesn't really have a proper spa).
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:32 am

Agree that the Spa at Amanzo'e is spectacular, whilst Amanruya only has a temporary 2-room spa right now as it has yet to build the proper spa.

Actually, Kage, all the accommodation at Amanruya is virtually identical - the only thing that changes is the shape of the pool in the gardens.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thats what i was referring to - pool design, not just shape

amanzoe are all exactly the same 6/12m infinity heated, so guaranteed

is there a 'VIP' spa suite at amanzoe? im sure when aman has them they have good name instead of 'VIP'
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:40 am

thats what i was referring to, also pool design

amanzoe are all exactly the same 6/12m infinity heated, so guaranteed

is there a 'VIP' spa suite at amanzoe? im sure when aman has them they have good name instead of 'VIP'
There are several couple's suites in the spa at Amanzo'e - they all looked VIP to me! Great treatments!!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SwissBelgiantravelers
at Zoe we were also bombarded with very similar questions from GM`s to restaurant managers to beach boys. `first visit to Greece?` upon answering the guaranteed next question `one of the islands?` and then they seemed totally puzzled that we had even visited the Peloponnese before. After a while it became a bit funny (and annoying) so we pre-answered rather generic Yes we`ve been to Greece, Yes to the Islands and Yes, also to the mainland ;-)

Felt too trained and generic, i would prefer have a nice day Mr. whenever you pass by which leaves you the choice of starting a conversation.
hmmm

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2013 at 8:51 am
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:47 am

hmmm
I get this wherever I go and it drives me crazy! First time in XXXXX? Noooooooo........I have been coming since before you were born!!!!!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

part of how i approach this >
is this happening on last day of extended stay for every new person you run into?
differentiation between guests from same continent vs guests from different continent? and other demographics.
context of how question comes up? including guest's service preference and guest's behavior.

i recall aman discussion here including staff always knowing about and asking about your activities.
only asia/bali? a factor of the smaller properties with low occupancy, and asian service?
I get this wherever I go and it drives me crazy! First time in XXXXX? Noooooooo........I have been coming since before you were born!!!!!
getting that at aman? you? what?
Less so at Aman, but still occasionally. I certainly seem to get it every time I go to India, or Egypt, or Jordan etc, but even in places like Lisbon, I get it!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:30 am

part of how i approach this - is this happening on last day of (possibly long) stay for every new person you run into?
also, differentiation between guests from same continent vs guests from different continent?

i recall aman discussion here including staff always knowing about and asking about your activities. (only asia/bali?)

getting that at aman? you? what?
Less so at Aman, but still occasionally. I certainly seem to get it every time I go to India, or Egypt, or Jordan etc, but even in places like Lisbon, I get it!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator
Amanzoe impressions

A few pics from our stay in May. Mixed weather throughout the days but a great time nevertheless. The architecture is truly stunning, I`ll let the pictures speak for itself

The main pool

On the way to the beach club by bike

Private pool

The Spa

Beach club

One of the few rainy days a year

After sunset as seen from Yoga pavilion
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:36 am

Thank you for the pics
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:23 pm

It's not as simple as that. Aman is wondering if they may need a lager pool area, so there was a thought to build a third pool (OK 4th if you count the kid's pool) so that nobody would feel crowded. They are looking at how people use the beach club, and how crowded it gets before they decide, which I think is pretty sensible. Also, Ed Tuttle didn't like the sand and was having it changed - that's Aman for you!
Have they built the third pool yet?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Have they built the third pool yet?
No - doesn't look as though anyone needs it on the beach. I think 2 is enough at this stage. Don't forget that there is also a very large pool in the resort itself, plus another kid's pool.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:13 am

Vuittons , did Ed Tuttle get his way with the change of sand ?

Or is this another Aman hype that becomes legend ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.