Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Vuittons , did Ed Tuttle get his way with the change of sand ?

Or is this another Aman hype that becomes legend ?
was that in an interview with dolphin? i cant recall if i remember it coming up re amanzoe or only re another property somewhere else, that had special sand brought in for golf course. so if amanzoe did it, its not the first time its been done. and again amanzoe is part of massive real estate development. i posted an investor document discussing their projected profit, mainly on real estate sales - just the amanzoe piece.

seems like RF verdura did some sand importing. dont think thats the property i remember. i remember something about a golf course and original sand not being right color or something like that, so they brought in a different color of sand.

this is why the question of does luxury make money comes up. i dont think the property i remember was a real estate development like amanzoe.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 4, 2013 at 3:15 pm
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
was that in an interview with dolphin?

i recall another property had special sand brought in for golf course, so would not be anything new, and again amanzoe is part of massive real estate development. i posted an investor document discussing their projected profit.
Meaning Dolphin agreed to it ??
Wow ... They must be rolling in it .....
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
No - doesn't look as though anyone needs it on the beach. I think 2 is enough at this stage. Don't forget that there is also a very large pool in the resort itself, plus another kid's pool.
Does the beach club remain a work in progress, or is it less stark now?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:17 pm

Sand

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
was that in an interview with dolphin? i cant recall if i remember it coming up re amanzoe or only re another property somewhere else, that had special sand brought in for golf course. so if amanzoe did it, its not the first time its been done. and again amanzoe is part of massive real estate development. i posted an investor document discussing their projected profit, mainly on real estate sales - just the amanzoe piece.

seems like RF verdura did some sand importing. dont think thats the property i remember. i remember something about a golf course and original sand not being right color or something like that, so they brought in a different color of sand.

this is why the question of does luxury make money comes up. i dont think the property i remember was a real estate development like amanzoe.
I do not believe it has anything to do with cost (which would have been negligible) but to do with providing the correct experience. It appears as though there was no sand in that location in the first case and the sand as I understand is not on the actual beach but part of the location behind of the beach.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Vuittons , did Ed Tuttle get his way with the change of sand ?

Or is this another Aman hype that becomes legend ?
Apparently it's true. Ed does tend to get his way with things.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:36 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Does the beach club remain a work in progress, or is it less stark now?
Beach club is still somewhat stark (in a good way IMO). I'm not sure that it will ever be any different.

When I was there I don't recall the sand being very 'special'. It was just sand. But it was sand and not pebbles, which in and of itself might be considered special in Greece.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:33 pm

Amanzoe Video

[QUOTE=xracer;21216791]Beach club is still somewhat stark (in a good way IMO). I'm not sure that it will ever be any different.

Found a video here, not sure if its a fellow flyertalk member but I don't recall anyone here being this open with showing their face in pictures before. Rather long but you can skip ahead to get a feeling of the public areas.

http://youtu.be/bxzyUBi3vHE

Next is the suite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDEO...fYq3sgUDiCqifg

Last edited by zigzag; Sep 24, 2013 at 3:42 pm Reason: extra footage
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:56 pm
BLV

I LOLd.

What a piece of negative PR that video is.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:54 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BLV
I LOLd.

What a piece of negative PR that video is.
Totally agree. Horrible videos. And boooooring.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Musken
Totally agree. Horrible videos. And boooooring.
Just the (pathetic) reality behind the marketing promise.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:03 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zigzag

Found a video here, not sure if its a fellow flyertalk member but I don't recall anyone here being this open with showing their face in pictures before. Rather long but you can skip ahead to get a feeling of the public areas.

http://youtu.be/bxzyUBi3vHE
OMG - with the music and the girl schmearing the guy with sun cream, I thought this would turn into a cheaply made Eastern European adult movie...
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:43 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I thought this would turn into a cheaply made Eastern European adult movie...
Except, even those are usually better produced and hire better looking people.

And of course I'm basing my opinion solely on what I've HEARD from others
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:57 am

Except those sorts of movies normally feature more people. Where is everybody?

Last edited by ThudAndBlunder; Sep 27, 2013 at 9:25 am
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:59 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Can't get it to load. Bummer.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amanzoe adding 4 rooms adjacent to beach club

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/n...cle/id/4673760

wow! will be some of the best oceanfront accommodations in greece?

24 September 2013
DOLPHIN CAPITAL INVESTORS LIMITED
Trading Update and Half Year Results for the period ended 30 June 2013
Operating Highlights since last Trading Update of 12 June 2013

four new hotel pavilions (rooms) will be built adjacent to the Amanzoe Beach Club providing guests with an additional experience of luxury by the beach. Construction will commence in November 2013 and should be completed by May 2014...it was decided that an additional four guest pavilions will be constructed adjacent to the Amanzoe Beach Club. These four pavilions will have direct beach access and are expected to enjoy a premium room rate compared to the existing hilltop Amanzoe pavilions. Works shall commence within November 2013 after the Beach Club closes for the winter season

Amanzoe clientele comes predominantly from the UK, the USA and Germany, followed by other Central and Northern European countries and Russia. The average length of stay in the popular summer months was five nights and the most sought after rooms were those in the most expensive price category of €1,400 per night.

The sale of a minority stake in Amanzoe.
instead of doing something like expanding beach club >
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
One thing to mention - the beach club is a work in progress - so if it looks a little stark right now, that's because it is not entirely finished. They want to see how guests use it before they decide on the finished thing, which is sensible, I think.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.