Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Ericka
We're just back. I PM'd you the GM contact info. Trip report up in a few days!
I assume it's still Sven?

Hope you're having a wonderful time.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:09 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Yep, Sven.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:25 am

In spite of MacMyDay's advice, I am thinking about a 1st of October stay... am I crazy to spend 6 days in Andalusia and then a day of traveling to Amazoe for 4 nights? Crazy right? I can't seem to find any other place that looks appealing to finish our trip....

FDW

Last edited by FlyingDoctorwu; Jul 3, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:26 am

FDW, for whatever it is worth, we spent 4 nights there in late May and absolutely loved it. Contemplating a return in October of this year.

We had a truly phenomenal stay, and highly recommend it.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
We stayed there for 7 nights with an infant. Phenomenal hard product, breakfast was ridiculously good (the tiganites were lovely), but for our first Aman trip we didn't think the service was anywhere near as good as the internet would have you believe.

1 - The waitress one morning seemed to be unsure what we were ordering and giving people random dishes which wasn't great for my wife's peace of mind (as she has a serious nut allergy.) To be fair - the rest of the time they dealt with the nut issue very well.
2 - We had a power cut (electrics in our villa only) which made things quite difficult as we were feeding our son via sterilized bottles / boiled water which doesn't really work without power. It started middle of the night one night, got 'fixed', which lasted an hour, and then 'fixed' again in the morning when they could have a proper look at it. It then broke again the next night, so we had no power on our last night and morning which isn't really good enough, especially after we'd been told that it was somehow our fault because it was probably the sterilizer (which Aman had provided.) My wife is normally very chilled but found the whole thing very stressful, and Aman 'resolving' the issue multiple times only to find that it was still a problem was a pain.
3 - Room service were pretty patchy - several fishes were 'de-boned' without removing any bones and when we asked why a dish wasn't as described on the menu we were told 'I'll look into it' and got nothing back.
4 - My wife called to ask reception about a spa treatment and about whether they could provide us with an item for our room (I think it was a baby changing mat). She suggested that the spa let us know later as the baby was asleep. The lady at reception failed to put 2+2 together and called back proudly to say they'd found a baby changing mat, waking up our son.
5 - My wife went on the day-trip to Epidavros, organised by the hotel. They called up the room (again waking up my son) partway through the day to ask where she was as she was expected at the spa. She didn't think she'd booked the spa for that time slot and again I'd have hoped that they'd have joined the dots as she was on an Aman-organised activity...

Before this sounds like we had a bad time -we didn't. But it would have been nice if someone had joined the dots a bit and the power issue really did cause needless stress.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb
FDW, for whatever it is worth, we spent 4 nights there in late May and absolutely loved it. Contemplating a return in October of this year.

We had a truly phenomenal stay, and highly recommend it.
thanks of the info... it would be a lot of travel to get there which is why I'm wavering... might be able to stretch the visit to an additional night so that would make things a tad bit more tolerable

Originally Posted by pauljeff
We stayed there for 7 nights with an infant. Phenomenal hard product, breakfast was ridiculously good (the tiganites were lovely), but for our first Aman trip we didn't think the service was anywhere near as good as the internet would have you believe.

1 - The waitress one morning seemed to be unsure what we were ordering and giving people random dishes which wasn't great for my wife's peace of mind (as she has a serious nut allergy.) To be fair - the rest of the time they dealt with the nut issue very well.
2 - We had a power cut (electrics in our villa only) which made things quite difficult as we were feeding our son via sterilized bottles / boiled water which doesn't really work without power. It started middle of the night one night, got 'fixed', which lasted an hour, and then 'fixed' again in the morning when they could have a proper look at it. It then broke again the next night, so we had no power on our last night and morning which isn't really good enough, especially after we'd been told that it was somehow our fault because it was probably the sterilizer (which Aman had provided.) My wife is normally very chilled but found the whole thing very stressful, and Aman 'resolving' the issue multiple times only to find that it was still a problem was a pain.
3 - Room service were pretty patchy - several fishes were 'de-boned' without removing any bones and when we asked why a dish wasn't as described on the menu we were told 'I'll look into it' and got nothing back.
4 - My wife called to ask reception about a spa treatment and about whether they could provide us with an item for our room (I think it was a baby changing mat). She suggested that the spa let us know later as the baby was asleep. The lady at reception failed to put 2+2 together and called back proudly to say they'd found a baby changing mat, waking up our son.
5 - My wife went on the day-trip to Epidavros, organised by the hotel. They called up the room (again waking up my son) partway through the day to ask where she was as she was expected at the spa. She didn't think she'd booked the spa for that time slot and again I'd have hoped that they'd have joined the dots as she was on an Aman-organised activity...

Before this sounds like we had a bad time -we didn't. But it would have been nice if someone had joined the dots a bit and the power issue really did cause needless stress.
Thanks for the info.. i've found myself at Amans often having some issues that I gripe with but still having quite a nice time and experience... plus I know that traveling with infants/kids is quite stressful (we have 3!).

FDW
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Room Preference?

We booked a pool pavilion for September. Besides the one review in this forum, I did not see anything discussing best rooms. If we do not care about being too close/far from everything else, but would prefer privacy, what would be the best pavilions to book?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
We booked a pool pavilion for September. Besides the one review in this forum, I did not see anything discussing best rooms. If we do not care about being too close/far from everything else, but would prefer privacy, what would be the best pavilions to book?
Not sure if ours was the trip report you mentioned....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...oe-greece.html
but we stayed in pavilion 21. Very private. Nice water view.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Ericka. I had actually missed your review, but pavilion 21 looks great!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:45 pm

Anybody have recommendations for Yachts in the area? Either for day trip or overnight.

Using $10k as a ballpark what can I expect?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Anybody have recommendations for Yachts in the area? Either for day trip or overnight.

Using $10k as a ballpark what can I expect?
Amanzoe has a gorgeous yacht in that price category. Ask them to send you info. We opted for the smaller Amanzoe One for a half day.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
What would be the minimum number of nights the experts here would recommend to stay at the Amanzoe? We are working on a multi-stop trip to Greece for 2017 and due to another couple of locations in Greece we want to visit we are likely only able to plan 2-3 nights if we include it in our plans.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by christianj
What would be the minimum number of nights the experts here would recommend to stay at the Amanzoe? We are working on a multi-stop trip to Greece for 2017 and due to another couple of locations in Greece we want to visit we are likely only able to plan 2-3 nights if we include it in our plans.
I've been 4 times (just a few hours ago I booked to go back next year for #5) and feel that 4 is the magic number, but I be prepared to go for 3 nights. It's so relaxing that I'd feel in 2 nights it would lose its appeal, as you will be rushing around to do different things.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:30 pm

4 nights is perfect if you can take the helicopter, which is a wonderful experience and really simplifies everything. By boat or car I find the trip really long, especially with the flight connections, I would at least opt for 5 nights in that case.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could also look at the Exclusives (which can have minimum nights) some do not have additional cost

Originally Posted by offerendum
With half board at same price exclusives are a great deal.
half/full board, board plus, things more valuable than board, etc

aman does both, some have no additional cost, some do

when there is additional, just check price of inclusions

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 18, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.