Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Many thanks for the reply. I dislike crowds so looks like April is a great time to visit. Any recommendation for activities by the way?
Lots…depending what you are into. I think Mycenae/Epidavros/Nafplio are some of the best archeological and historical sites in Greece if you are into that.

Dinner and a stroll in Spetses. Day trip to Hydra.

Also the farm visit that Amanzoe offers was quite fun and really enjoyed it but appreciate it if it’s a bit simple/touristy for some.

FWIW I think May is better but April can be fun too.
FlyerEC and scented like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: -
Amanzoe Mini-Review

Amanzoe

Map| 7 Reviews | 86% Recommended

Amanzoe

Kranidi Argolida, Greece GR 21300

Amanzoe Mini-Review (2 Photos)

Amanzoe

Amanzoe is extensively reviewed, so I won’t rehash all the details previously mentioned, but instead provide an update based on our September 2022 stay.

Unknown-9.jpegUnknown-10.jpeg

Overall

• The property is 10 years old but it shows very little age. The property looks absolutely fantastic. Pictures don’t do it justice. 
  • We came from Santorini and took the one hour helicopter ride directly from the island. It made for a smooth transfer process, and I thought the helicopter company - iFly - professional and safe. We also took the helicopter from Amanzoe to Athens airport
  • Regarding the location, I was picturing the area to be desolate. The main property has a very secluded feel, but I was surprised by how Mediterranean the coast felt when down at the beach club and taking the boat to sorrunding islands (think South of France, but of course different). There were beautiful villas and yachts along the coast. It really felt like best of both worlds
  • Taking a boat for the day is definitely a must to see the coast. We visited Hydra and Spestes and we thoroughly enjoyed both. We took the smaller boat and found it entirely sufficient for the relatively short distances of the islands. Also we had great weather, so if you visit during the shoulder season, it might be nice to have the large boat to absorb the waves 
  • Our visit in mid September had perfect weather. Mid 80s with a breeze. Never hot during the day and never cold at night. Apparently there are some very warm days in July/August. For optimal weather I would aim for mid/late June or early/mid September

Room

• Bottom line, the rooms are large, luxurious, and of impeccable quality
  • When we booked, there were no premium view pavilions available. I was disappointed because I thought we would be to the East of the lobby which only has a valley view. Surprisingly we were west of the lobby and had pretty good water views (albeit slightly obstructed). My point: if you can’t get the premium view room or want to save money, just request a room west of the lobby with a water view for a superior experience.

Dining

Meals were all very good and the food reasonably priced. Shout out to Alexandra, Pool Restaurant Manager.

Service

Service was relaxed but polished. It's a solid "A". We came from Canves in Santorini and it was not polished 

All in all I have very little feedback, but here it goes. First, the golf carts speed through the paths very quickly and I don’t recall them once stopping to let walkers go by. I would definitely suggest they make a protocol change.

Second is visibility of management. It’s an Aman norm for management to float at dinner, but that didn’t take place. It doesn’t bother us that management didn’t float, but it’s something that people look for at Amans. And thankfully we didn’t have any issues that we needed to communicate.

Finally, one of the massages was not to expectations but management sufficiently and promptly addressed the issue.

Rank of Amans

For what it's worth, we've been to 7 Amans now, and this is how I would rank them.

1. Amanzoe - book ASAP
  2. Amanera - fantastic property, only down side is that the current is too strong/dangerous to swim in the ocean. Highly recommend
  3. Amanpuri - incredible property with a strong sense of place. Downside is that rooms are small and there are better areas of Phuket. Still highly recommend 
  4. Tie - Amansara, Amanbagh, Amanjiwo - all great properties with the Asian Aman service typically associated with the brand. Each property is associated with a local attraction, but I wouldn’t seek out the properties unless you’re really wanting to see Angkor Wat, rural Rajistan, etc
  5. Amanyara - don’t visit. Bad service, bad view, poorly kept grounds, and in need of a refurb. But the ocean is pretty, bright. Our Villa could have brought a small rental house and we still didn’t have an ocean view. 
Amanzoe Mini-Review

Would you like to write a review on the Amanzoe?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by crptravel
We came from Santorini and took the one hour helicopter ride directly from the island. It made for a smooth transfer process, and I thought the helicopter company - iFly - professional and safe. We also took the helicopter from Amanzoe to Athens airport
How much did you pay for this?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: -
I'm pasting what was quoted for different sizes of helicopters. You could try to negotiate the prices - if I would have paid several months in advance they would have offered a discount, but I didn't do that. However, we wanted 2 pilots which costs 300 euro a trip - instead of 1 which is the standard - and I got that upgrade for free since we were doing 2 trips.
  1. Airbus AS355, luggage allowance total 4/5 soft bags up to 15KG each bag or 2/3 soft case suitcases up to 20KG each suitcase
1. Santorini – Amanzoe, charter price 6.200 EUR, flight time 1 hour & 10 minutes

2. Amanzoe – Athens Airport, charter price 2.385 EUR, flight time 40 minutes

1. Agusta 109 Power Elite, luggage allowance 100KG (4/5 standard suitcases up to 20-23KG each suitcase)
1. Santorini – Amanzoe, charter price 7.200 EUR, flight time 1 hour

2. Amanzoe – Athens Airport, charter price 2.950 EUR, flight time 30 minutes

1. Agusta 109S GrandNew, luggage allowance total 115KG
1. Santorini – Amanzoe, charter price 7.800 EUR, flight time 50 minutes

2. Amanzoe – Athens Airport, charter price 3.300 EUR, flight time 25 minutes
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by crptravel
I'm pasting what was quoted for different sizes of helicopters. You could try to negotiate the prices - if I would have paid several months in advance they would have offered a discount, but I didn't do that. However, we wanted 2 pilots which costs 300 euro a trip - instead of 1 which is the standard - and I got that upgrade for free since we were doing 2 trips.
  1. Airbus AS355, luggage allowance total 4/5 soft bags up to 15KG each bag or 2/3 soft case suitcases up to 20KG each suitcase
1. Santorini – Amanzoe, charter price 6.200 EUR, flight time 1 hour & 10 minutes

2. Amanzoe – Athens Airport, charter price 2.385 EUR, flight time 40 minutes

1. Agusta 109 Power Elite, luggage allowance 100KG (4/5 standard suitcases up to 20-23KG each suitcase)
1. Santorini – Amanzoe, charter price 7.200 EUR, flight time 1 hour

2. Amanzoe – Athens Airport, charter price 2.950 EUR, flight time 30 minutes

1. Agusta 109S GrandNew, luggage allowance total 115KG
1. Santorini – Amanzoe, charter price 7.800 EUR, flight time 50 minutes

2. Amanzoe – Athens Airport, charter price 3.300 EUR, flight time 25 minutes
Thanks. Not really works with my luggage May be a nice experience, but that's the road also😉
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Thanks. Not really works with my luggage May be a nice experience, but that's the road also😉
FWIW I actually prefer the journey by car but I am not the biggest helicopter fan and also there’s an emotional element to the journey.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zephyrous
FWIW I actually prefer the journey by car but I am not the biggest helicopter fan and also there’s an emotional element to the journey.
No need to explain I can also see the charme of the Heli-Tour
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:58 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Zephyrous
We prefer the journey by road .
Helicopter would be nice if for shorter flight but with our amount of luggage by then , not a possible option ( except for the last visit our luggage did not make it , if we had predicted could have gone the heli way )
offerendum likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Netflix movie "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery" shot at Amanzoe's Villa No. 20

As I cannot find any mention here:

Latest Netflix movie "Glass Onion: Knives Out Mystery" with Daniel Craig was shot at Amanzoe's Villa No. 20 in June/July 2021. Some scenes were filmed at Spetses as well. Some CGI involved to visually install the Glass Onion to the Villa and give it all an island feel while Amanzoe and Villa 20 are neither on an island nor beachfront.

News report on movie play filmed at Amanzoe's Villa 20
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ngfan
As I cannot find any mention here:

Latest Netflix movie "Glass Onion: Knives Out Mystery" with Daniel Craig was shot at Amanzoe's Villa No. 20 in June/July 2021. Some scenes were filmed at Spetses as well. Some CGI involved to visually install the Glass Onion to the Villa and give it all an island feel while Amanzoe and Villa 20 are neither on an island nor beachfront.

News report on movie play filmed at Amanzoe's Villa 20
I saw the movie and didn't have a clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.