Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hope incoming external GM (IIRC) keeps it up (like nera external GM did, who i hear has left...)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 24, 2018 at 10:18 am
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
What was the weather like? I assume too cold for the beach but nice enough everywhere else. They have a smoking deal for Oct-Nov travel that is very temping and I wonder what weather would be like in the first week of October...
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:24 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by callmedtop
What was the weather like? I assume too cold for the beach but nice enough everywhere else. They have a smoking deal for Oct-Nov travel that is very temping and I wonder what weather would be like in the first week of October...
Yea the half-board rates October onward are great.

Good to hear @MacMyDay's extremely positive review. By the way, has anyone stayed in the beach villas? Is there a point to them? Maybe MacMyDay can complain about those.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dolphinci.com/wp-content/uploads/180802_rns.pdf
"conditional agreement" sell amanzoe for 116m to Grivalia (bought pearl island from dolphin)

dolphin remains manager with 15% stake is good news for now?

odd, they may have not yet closed the sale of 40% stake in kea to one and only

they have done similar Exclusive in past, may have been full board originally cant remember

seems zoe adding 4 more beach villas as well, theres already something behind existing ones

also adding 2BR villas

Originally Posted by Fc912
Sven is arriving [to sveti] in November

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 24, 2018 at 11:08 am
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Weather was perfect (around 28C). Blue skies, non-stop sunshine - although it was a bit chilly at night and I ended up wearing a jumper to dinner on every night. I get asked about visiting Amanzoe off-peak rather regularly and just remind them all that during my first stay in the first week of October it was 16C and rained the majority of the time. Sven mentioned that the weather is due to turn this coming week. The issue I have with Amanzoe is that none of the suggested activities appeal and I find there very little to do other than be on the beach - once the weather turns and even the beach is gone, it would be a horrific bore. I do love Amanzoe, but when I hear of people staying for 2 weeks I question their sanity.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
hope incoming external GM (IIRC) keeps it up (like nera external GM did, who i hear has left...)
GM is coming from Amanpuri
callmedtop and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:48 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We were there in early May. Also off season. Sunny warm days, slightly cooler evenings. We really enjoyed the offsite activities. And it was still warm enough to use the pool. Ocean was too cool for swimming though.
TRIP REPORT: Hotel Grande Bretagne & Amanzoe (Greece)
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Have yet to make it to Zoe.
But we generally do enjoy our Aman meals .
AmanSP was sort of hit & miss when it first opened but by the time we re visited & stayed , it was quite amazing with arguably the best Peking duck in China .
Haven't returned to Gani but it was rather decent many years ago .
Puri ' s Japanese is now Nama which I did not try & the tapas lounge is now South American . The Italian & Thai are still ok as of last month & earlier this month .
Dari ' s meals were rather disappointing last month but with Shane overall in charge of Indonesia & new Italian chef Lorenzo at Nusa , things can only be up & up
Pulo too had good meals but have not returned this past year so cannot update yet .
No'i is pretty good , & since Joy is there with the team though not in her chef capacity , think it should continue to shine ..
With Sean in Sri Lanka , F & B should also be better sooner than later .
Enjoyed Jena ' s too & hoping to return to see the refurbishment .

Waiting to visit Aman SS & Aman CGV along with postponed Ruya ( many false starts ) & Zoe too .
Finally made it to Zoe !!
Will post again “ soon “ , perhaps brief ? TR when less jet lagged . Also update above quote sometime , as now various AMAN changes & AMAN stays after , have not followed up on Puri stay last month either ..

Spectacular masterpiece by Ed Tuttle . While service is not quite flawless , perhaps due to Greek accented English , it is one will be happy with if not an AMANjunkie since the ‘ 80s .
Perhaps knowing GM & stand in HM really helps
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:38 pm

Is it easy to get a cab from Konstantin (eg will there be cabs waiting at the port if we take a random water taxi over from where we are staying at Spetses)? Would rather avoid the exorbitant cost of the hotel transportation when we go for our first Zoe trip on Tuesday. Thank you!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Lebron2323
Is it easy to get a cab from Konstantin (eg will there be cabs waiting at the port if we take a random water taxi over from where we are staying at Spetses)? Would rather avoid the exorbitant cost of the hotel transportation when we go for our first Zoe trip on Tuesday. Thank you!
FYI & all intending to use this mode , the water taxis and ZOE water taxis charge the same rates !
Can enjoy over water to ZOE Beach Club jetty .. But cheaper to Kostas port
Then €30 difference between ZOE BMW & regular taxi for ride to ZOE ..

What are your ZOE dates ?
It is a pity that you will just miss HM Guillermo V from October

Last edited by FlyerEC; Sep 30, 2019 at 4:38 am Reason: Add information
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
HM Guillermo V
Who?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Who?
Hotel Manager / HM Guillermo who has been covering & assisting GM Paul L , after he moved from AMAN Sri Lanka assisting Sean F .
Just 2 of many that get AMAN ethos , as AMANjunkies from earlier years do , who are moving on . Happy for them .

Sorry , did not mean to confuse on this forum , HM is not “ Her / His Majesty “

We will see him returning to Asia
But perhaps in AMAN again in the future ?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Hotel Manager / HM Guillermo who has been covering & assisting GM Paul L , after he moved from AMAN Sri Lanka assisting Sean F .
Just 2 of many that get AMAN ethos , as AMANjunkies from earlier years do , who are moving on . Happy for them .

Sorry , did not mean to confuse on this forum , HM is not “ Her / His Majesty “

We will see him returning to Asia
But perhaps in AMAN again in the future ?
Thanks! Will arriving at the 14th and see how things work out.
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:38 pm

FYI & all intending to use this mode , the water taxis and ZOE water taxis charge the same rates !
Can enjoy over water to ZOE Beach Club jetty .. But cheaper to Kostas port
Then €30 difference between ZOE BMW & regular taxi for ride to ZOE ..

What are your ZOE dates ?
Thank you for the reply! I’m actually staying tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday.

Just to make ale sure I understand, are you suggesting contacting Zoe to arrange a water taxi to the Zoe beach club jetty and then catch one of the free transfers to the main hotel? Or hire a Zoe car to take us from the beach club to the main hotel (I confess Inwas trying to avoid the expensive Aman cars...). I am actually in Spetses (have been here for a couple of days) and was going to just take one of the regular water taxis to Kosta and then try to catch a cab from there. But what you’re suggesting sounds easier.

thank you again.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:58 pm

Thank you for the reply! I’m actually staying tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday.

Just to make ale sure I understand, are you suggesting contacting Zoe to arrange a water taxi to the Zoe beach club jetty and then catch one of the free transfers to the main hotel? Or hire a Zoe car to take us from the beach club to the main hotel (I confess Inwas trying to avoid the expensive Aman cars...). I am actually in Spetses (have been here for a couple of days) and was going to just take one of the regular water taxis to Kosta and then try to catch a cab from there. But what you’re suggesting sounds easier.

thank you again.
You can still contact ZOE & take ZOE water taxi to Kosta and their BMW from there to ZOE . It will cost you just €30 more by BMW - a more comfortable 20 minute ride

More expensive by water taxi to Beach Club if cost is a factor .
But at €170 , should be an enjoyable excursion .

Cannot go wrong when using AMAN transfers
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

thank you again.
I would use the Aman car transfer over random Greek taxi any day of the week. I don't need that kind of grief before arriving at Zoe.
FlyerEC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.