google has updated satellite >
zoe main resort >
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hotel...heli+&t=h&z=15
zoe beach club >
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hotel...h&z=16&iwloc=A
before construction (microsoft not updated) >
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=37....li&form=LMLTCC
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:32 pm

Not sure I would like to stay there. At night I guess it can feel very secluded.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
At night I guess it can feel very secluded.
Not the worst thing in my eyes
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Not sure I would like to stay there. At night I guess it can feel very secluded.
Agree - I would not want to stay on the beach, given its distance from the main resort. The main resort in the evening is very buzzy and appealing. I think I would feel overly isolated staying on the beach - but there again, Aman has probably thought about this and come up with something special.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:22 am

Cabanas

The understanding is the cabanas at the Beach Club are for day use only. Therefore, simply adding to the Beach Club experience and providing an option for guests to enjoy the Beach Club in complete privacy with their own pool along with 60 s/m of interior space.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coultons
The understanding is the cabanas at the Beach Club are for day use only. Therefore, simply adding to the Beach Club experience and providing an option for guests to enjoy the Beach Club in complete privacy with their own pool along with 60 s/m of interior space.
hotel pavilions (rooms)...four guest pavilions...four pavilions will have direct beach access and are expected to enjoy a premium room rate compared to the existing hilltop Amanzoe pavilions.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:36 am

Cabanas

Clearly a difference of opinion as to the intention although I think Day Use is definitely the initial intention possibly changing to overnight accommodation in the future.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Clearly a difference of opinion as to the intention although I think Day Use is definitely the initial intention possibly changing to overnight accommodation in the future.
no opinion involved, as nothing to interpret. unless youre saying the owner's official financial release is inaccurate...

hotel pavilions (rooms)...four guest pavilions...four pavilions will have direct beach access and are expected to enjoy a premium room rate compared to the existing hilltop Amanzoe pavilions.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 13, 2013 at 10:50 am
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:29 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We have been thinking of Amanzoe for this summer (July/August). Lowest rate is not 1.500 euro per night. This means that we either will not go at all or that we need to reduce number of nights and combine Amanzoe with some other hotel. Our holidays is two weeks long. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Musken
We have been thinking of Amanzoe for this summer (July/August). Lowest rate is not 1.500 euro per night. This means that we either will not go at all or that we need to reduce number of nights and combine Amanzoe with some other hotel. Our holidays is two weeks long. Any suggestions?
Trouble is, once you have stayed at Amanzo'e nothing else in Greece will come close. Maybe you should start somewhere else, like Santorini or Crete, then finish at Amanzo'e. Always good to end on a high.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:53 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Musken
Start at Romanos. It's a beautiful Starwood property. Mind you, it's big and it is colocated with the even bigger Westin. You can use it as a base for exploring the west side of the Peloponesean Peninsula. We rented a car and drove there from Athens, then were able to drive around the area. I remember it as a 4 hour drive from Athens.

Seasonal Closure: October 6, 2013 - May 27, 2014

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

The Blue Palace on Crete is a decent Starwood property and allows you to explore that island.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:25 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Trouble is, once you have stayed at Amanzo'e nothing else in Greece will come close. Maybe you should start somewhere else, like Santorini or Crete, then finish at Amanzo'e. Always good to end on a high.
We would definitely do Amanzoe at the end. Which hotels would you recommend to start with? Preferably not too much travelling in between... Our alternative would be to go to Finca de Cortesin and not go to Greece at all. How would you compare Finca de Cortesin and Amanzoe?

And do you know who will take over as GM at Amanzoe when Henry and Char leave?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:26 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Start at Romanos. It's a beautiful Starwood property. Mind you, it's big and it is colocated with the even bigger Westin. You can use it as a base for exploring the west side of the Peloponesean Peninsula. We rented a car and drove there from Athens, then were able to drive around the area. I remember it as a 4 hour drive from Athens.

Seasonal Closure: October 6, 2013 - May 27, 2014

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

The Blue Palace on Crete is a decent Starwood property and allows you to explore that island.
Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. Big does not sound very tempting, though. I would rather want a smaller boutique hotel or two - with outside pools!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:06 am

Good suggestion by SD1K - I have a friend who stayed at this property and loved it. We stayed at the Poseidonion Hotel on Spetses last June - really nice hotel and gives you a taste of island life - short water taxi from the mainland when transferring to AmanZoe - both hotels were sponsors of the Spetses Classic Yacht race that the Poseidonion hosts. Lots of Greek billionaires have houses on Spetses. http://www.poseidonion.com/ Family Suite is €618 per night - not sure if there are cheaper options that you could book with your son - it is considerably cheaper than the AmanZoe though.
You could have a 3 centre holiday.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 1:58 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Good suggestion by SD1K - I have a friend who stayed at this property and loved it. We stayed at the Poseidonion Hotel on Spetses last June - really nice hotel and gives you a taste of island life - short water taxi from the mainland when transferring to AmanZoe - both hotels were sponsors of the Spetses Classic Yacht race that the Poseidonion hosts. Lots of Greek billionaires have houses on Spetses. http://www.poseidonion.com/ Family Suite is €618 per night - not sure if there are cheaper options that you could book with your son - it is considerably cheaper than the AmanZoe though.
You could have a 3 centre holiday.
Looks like a nice place. Thanks. Was there an outside pool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.