Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Want to try literally something new and very expensive?

Grand Velas Los Cabos Debuts $25,000 Taco at Frida Restaurant

The world’s most expensive taco debuts at the new Grand Velas Los Cabos for $25,000.

Available at the resort’s Frida restaurant, the culinary masterpiece uses premium ingredients such as langoustine, Kobe beef, Almas Beluga caviar, and black truffle brie cheese. An exotic salsa made of dried Morita chili peppers, Ley.925 ultra-premium añejo tequila, and civet coffee tops the taco. To top it off, or rather, holding all of these ingredients is a gold flake-infused corn tortilla.
Please see:
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...ida-restaurant

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:53 am

Hotels in the news incl. new openings:

Baglioni Resort Maldives to Debut in October 2017

One to keep on your radar for 2017: Baglioni Hotels is set to make a splash with its very first beach resort. And the official website says it all: “Paradise with Italian grace.”
Please see:
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...t-october-2017

Now Open in Turkey: Fairmont Quasar Istanbul

Fairmont has opened a luxury hotel inside two 41-story towers high above the Bosphorus in Istanbul. Situated in the Mecidiyeköy business district, near Gayrettepe and Levent, the Fairmont Quasar Istanbul has 209 guest rooms and 40 Fairmont Gold rooms along with 64 branded residences.
Please see:
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...uasar-istanbul

Small Luxury Hotels Adds New Hotels to Collection

Following the release of its 2017 Travel Trends, Small Luxury Hotels of the World has announced the addition of eight new hotels to its collection. Several of the trends for this year are “smaller is bigger,” “experiences of a lifetime,” and “love of local.”
Please see:
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...-to-collection

Announcing the New Soori Hotel Brand by Architect Soo Khian Chan

Award-winning architect Soo K. Chan—the founder of Singapore-based SCDA Architects—has launched a new lifestyle hospitality brand called Soori. Its flagship is the architect’s beachfront resort Soori Bali, which recently joined Leading Hotels of the World and is currently undergoing a light renovation.
Please see:
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...soo-khian-chan

Address Boulevard opens in Downtown Dubai

Address Hotels and Resorts has unveiled its new city lifestyle property – the Address Boulevard.

The Address Boulevard has 196 rooms including 116 spacious deluxe rooms, 44 deluxe club rooms, 28 one-bedroom suites, seven two-bedroom suites and a presidential suite offering views of The Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
Please see:
http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/29...owntown-dubai/

Vancouver's Rosewood Hotel Georgia sold for $145 million

Delta Land Development is selling the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver to a Hong Kong-based joint venture for $145 million.

Able Shine and Magnificent Hotel Investments are reportedly the investors behind the group buying the hotel.

“Rosewood [Hotels and Resorts] will remain the management company,” Brad Simmons, the hotel’s director of sales and marketing, told Business Vancouver. “From our perspective it is business as usual. It’s just basically an acquisition change.”
Please see:
http://www.hotelmanagement.net/trans...or-145-million

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
Email from this morning said it would be opening Spring 2018.
Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 16, 2017 at 10:05 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:00 am

Six Senses to take over management of Canyon Ranch Kaplankaya, Bodrum

The Canyon Ranch Kaplankaya opened in July 2016 on the Turkish Riviera near Bodrum, and includes 141 bedrooms and a 107,000sq ft (9,941sqm) spa, fitness and Health & Healing Centre.

It has been open less than a year, but Canyon Ranch’s first location outside of the US will soon change hands, with Six Senses taking over management of the property in May 2017
Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/six-senses...ankaya-bodrum/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:52 pm
Original Member

Today I ventured outside the Luxury Hotels and Travel sanctuary. Whoa. There's not much info here on the Grand Wailea on Maui so I resorted (forgive me) to the requisite thread in the Hilton Honors forum. Unpleasant response due in large part to my engaging in a thread not attuned to my concerns. Nevertheless, it was disconcerting and discouraging. Trying not to feel like an idiot.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Come to think of it, I was an idiot.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:01 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by KatW
Today I ventured outside the Luxury Hotels and Travel sanctuary. Whoa. There's not much info here on the Grand Wailea on Maui so I resorted (forgive me) to the requisite thread in the Hilton Honors forum. Unpleasant response due in large part to my engaging in a thread not attuned to my concerns. Nevertheless, it was disconcerting and discouraging. Trying not to feel like an idiot.
Your aren't an idiot. You just expected a reasonable degree of decorum and didn't expect Nurse Ratched on FT. But she's there lurking around anyway. I've experienced much of the same on some SPG threads (hence my recent bans) and Marriott threads. Live and learn.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Sorry to hear that...

The various FT forums do have a very different atmosphere / tone and attract a very different crowd; some are definitely friendlier than others.

I had the "pleasure" of being the sole moderator of the AC forum for a short time, and while I won't get into the details, I spent more time on mod duties in 1 day than I spend on the Fairmont forum in an entire year. So yes, the FTer experience various greatly across forums - but don't necessarily assume it's you.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Your aren't an idiot. You just expected a reasonable degree of decorum and didn't expect Nurse Ratched on FT. But she's there lurking around anyway. I've experienced much of the same on some SPG threads (hence my recent bans) and Marriott threads. Live and learn.
I adore the Luxury Hotels Forum, for the very reasons that bhrubin states. One of the main reasons is the "reasonable degree of decorum."
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:15 pm
Original Member

It was an interesting experience I shan't be repeating ever.

It's not only the lack of a modicum of civility, rather as well the paucity of sophisticated travel savvy and the notion that one might proffer money for superior service sans regard for award points, miles, whatever. I'll shut up now. Hah hah.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 5, 2017 at 4:13 pm Reason: merged
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:50 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Thanks for the warning! I had to read the thread and totally understand. I think it is a bit like trying to explain (some) friends about why we prefer to stay at luxury hotels. They always end up trying to find out what we have to pay and start telling about the alternative things we could do for that kind of money and how much we could save without (in their view) any sacrifises by staying in a 4 star resort "next door".
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:47 am

Do stay with us! Grass is greener on the luxury hotels forum side. @:-)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Musken
They always end up trying to find out what we have to pay and start telling about the alternative things we could do for that kind of money and how much we could save without (in their view) any sacrifises by staying in a 4 star resort "next door".
I know it I have my "arrogant" answers if it´s going too far.... Often also an Argument: "Do you think you are better than the others!" Especially if I tell them I´m not ready to fly in the mass keeping stable
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:41 pm
Original Member

I'm still digesting this other-forum experience. Although I'm a longtime FT member, I've been most active (interested) here and mostly long ago contributor to a few airline threads. And, was absent many years when overwhelmed by life, it happens.

The truth is, I've never been much interested in the miles/points race and now that I can afford to, abjure all of that. I'm fine to pay my way. Don't mind upgrades, amenities, courtesies and more but want the very best for what I book and willing to pay for it. Fortunate to be able to do so and will revel in that fortune until the cows come home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.