Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by KatW
I'm still digesting this other-forum experience. Although I'm a longtime FT member, I've been most active (interested) here and mostly long ago contributor to a few airline threads. And, was absent many years when overwhelmed by life, it happens.

The truth is, I've never been much interested in the miles/points race and now that I can afford to, abjure all of that. I'm fine to pay my way. Don't mind upgrades, amenities, courtesies and more but want the very best for what I book and willing to pay for it. Fortunate to be able to do so and will revel in that fortune until the cows come home.
Could not agree more!

Remember that these 'loyalty' programs are not loyalty programs, they are marketing programs. Not more. Would rather stay at places that reward true loyalty, which is why my program is called "personal relationships" instead of "points". FS, Aman and many other groups have fantastic programs, they are just a bit more discreet.

When it comes to airlines, I don't object, as there is no difference in treatment. Just stay at PH Sydney on points once and you'll re-think the whole program thing.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by KatW
Today I ventured outside the Luxury Hotels and Travel sanctuary. Whoa. There's not much info here on the Grand Wailea on Maui so I resorted (forgive me) to the requisite thread in the Hilton Honors forum. Unpleasant response due in large part to my engaging in a thread not attuned to my concerns. Nevertheless, it was disconcerting and discouraging. Trying not to feel like an idiot.
I avoid going to other forums as it seems people are only interested in points there. It's a matter of choice but obviously very few can understand how much we are prepared to spend for a hotel stay
But even on the Luxury Hotels Forum some replies were not always very nice to read... Forget about the Hilton forum and stay here
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Signiel, the six star luxury hotel by Lotte opens in Seoul

Signiel, a six star luxury hotel brand launched by Lotte Hotels and Resorts has opened in Seoul at the Lotte Towers.

The hotel is situated on levels 76 to 101 of the 555-metre-tall Lotte World Tower. The 123-floor tower is the world’s fifth tallest building, and is located in the southeastern Songpa-gu district adjacent to the Han River. It takes about 80 minutes by car to reach the hotel from Incheon International Airport, and 50 minutes from Gimpo Airport.

The Signiel has 235 guestrooms, consisting of 126 deluxe rooms, 67 premier rooms and 42 suites, with sizes ranging from 44 sqm to 3,800 sqm. All rooms are equipped with 68-channel satellite TV and coffee maker, while a complimentary shoeshine service and access to the Salon de Signiel lounge is available to all guests.
Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/signiel-th...pens-in-seoul/
http://www.lottehotel.com/signielseoul/en/

Fascinating new luxury hotel in Seoul, South Korea, Signiel sounds/looks impressive on their website from what we could see so far. A new landmark.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by uggboy
Signiel, the six star luxury hotel by Lotte opens in Seoul

Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/signiel-th...pens-in-seoul/
http://www.lottehotel.com/signielseoul/en/

Fascinating new luxury hotel in Seoul, South Korea, Signiel sounds/looks impressive on their website from what we could see so far. A new landmark.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Room design for higher category looks quite interesting - wonder about service, though.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:04 am

As soon as anyone awards themselves six stars, you know it's going to be dire!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Room design for higher category looks quite interesting - wonder about service, though.
Good question Obsidian, but I guess as they're brand new, service needs a bit of time to be world class, but the hotel overall looks/feels promising already IMHO.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
As soon as anyone awards themselves six stars, you know it's going to be dire!
Interesting comment vuittonsofstyle, but the jury is still out, I guess in regards on how well the hotel performs incl. service.

Equally in regards of the "six star" classification, I believe to get noticed in a crowded marketplace they needed to do something different. As we all should know by now, it's important to get heard and listened too, especially when this incl. a new brand by Lotte hotels, plus the hotel is located in the new fifth tallest building in the world.

So far IMHO it's a "winning" proposition and doesn't feels "dire" at least to me personally, plus they have only opened a week ago, so we will have to wait and see how it goes and how people/guests/visitors will feel about this new luxury offering in the longer term.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Apr 12, 2017 at 9:30 am Reason: Added missing letter
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:27 am

Interesting comment vuittonsofstyle, but the jury is still out, I guess in regards on how well the hotel performs incl. service.

Equally in regards of the "six star" classification, I believe to get noticed in a crowded marketplace they needed to do something different. As we all should know by now, it's important to get heard and listened too, especially when this incl. a new brand by Lotte hotels, plus the hotel is located in the new fifth tallest building in the world.

So far IMHO it's a "winning" proposition and doesn't feels "dire" at least to me personally, plus they have only opened a week ago, so we will have to wait and see how it goes and how people/guests/visitors will feel about this new luxury offering in the longer term.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
The way to stand out is not to pre-award yourself accolades, but to take the time to prove to guests that the product you are offering is worthy.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:23 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The way to stand out is not to pre-award yourself accolades, but to take the time to prove to guests that the product you are offering is worthy.
^^^
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:41 am

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Just when you think you have seen everything... someone opens an 'Evian Spa'. Very 'six star' indeed...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:24 am

IMHO the "six star" designation was to mark the arrival of something different and new in the luxury hotel market in Seoul.

We shouldn't forget that Signiel is a new top of the line luxury product by Lotte, so it's "Made in Korea", a good opportunity to connect global/travel with local/product offerings. Too connect these two is in demand for many explorer who want go beyond the obvious and looking for more immersive experiences during their travels, it's a trend we have read/heard many times already over the past few years and it's a growing trend at that.

This could/should be memorable for the right reasons.

It's important to be noticed and being "talked about as a six star" hotel and being located in the new world's fifth tallest tower does help to get the word out to the appropriate audiences. Nothing wrong with that, now as time progresses they will have to offer superior experiences in terms of their hard and soft products to real guests at this new landmark hotel/offering.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:47 am Reason: Added clarity
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by scented
Just when you think you have seen everything... someone opens an 'Evian Spa'. Very 'six star' indeed...
Not to worry I guess, it's their niche and from what we could see on their website so far it's looking good and when they offer what they promise it's going to be a wonderful/immersive experience IMHO and Evian stands for purity, something the Korean themselves can relate too in regards to beauty.

Please see:

http://www.lottehotel.com/signielseoul/en/facility.asp

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:18 am

Not to worry I guess, it's their niche and from what we could see on their website so far it's looking good and when they offer what they promise it's going to be a wonderful/immersive experience IMHO and Evian stands for purity, something the Korean themselves can relate too in regards to beauty.

Please see:

http://www.lottehotel.com/signielseoul/en/facility.asp

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Just looked at the menu, which is better than I imagined. Although the design of this spa is a nightmare. Upscale airline lounge meets Dame Zaha Hadid. Too many lines, it seems unsettled and over branded. Don't know which kids club they stole the pillows from and these computer generated mountain images as a backdrop... please not! Might pay a visit once they are in operation to see.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:25 pm

Any rumors in regards to possible new openings/developments for Mandarin Oriental? I know they just reveled plans for Honolulu. Would love to see them add a resort or two.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:45 pm
Original Member

Testing the waters here to gauge interest in a thread on Luxury Hotels and (mostly) Natural Disasters. In recent memory hurricanes have struck in Mexico, the Caribbean and Fiji (yes, they are cyclones there). Just now both Pist Ranch Inn and Ventana Inn are closed due to winter storms wiping out a key bridge on Hwy 1. Elsewhere there are floods, earthquakes and other acts of angry gods.

Have you been through such a disaster in a luxe venue? Is this worthy of its own thread? It's something I often wonder about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.