Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by uggboy
It's good to learn that Rocco Forte Hotels plans to grow further over the next years incl. a 2nd property in Rome, of note is that this particular property was the former InterContinental De La Ville before it closed. The hotel will re-emerge as a much smaller hotel we learned from 192 room/suites to 105 rooms/suites. Sounds promising and it's "only" half a mile from the existing Rocco Forte de Russie hotel. The Hotel De La Ville is due to open by the end of 2018. Rocco Forte Hotels plan to double their hotel portfolio from 10 properties as of now to 20 properties over the next five years incl. new openings in Jeddah and Shanghai ahead of us.

Rocco Forte to open second hotel in Rome

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/rocco-fort...hotel-in-rome/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
De Ville has a good location next to hassler. Rooms were small do it's logic they reduce the number of rooms.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by offerendum
De Ville has a good location next to hassler. Rooms were small do it's logic they reduce the number of rooms.
Very good location indeed atop the Spanish steps in Rome and the Hassler is next to the De La Ville Hotel too as you pointed out.

I've recently read that many hotels in the luxury space plan to offer fewer rooms in the future, they pointed out that luxury hotel guests like larger rooms and that's a trend right now which is here to stay in the luxury hotel business for the longer term. Interesting, but this obviously depends on the location of the hotel and on their guests demand for larger rooms/suites which come with a much higher price tag in the future as fewer rooms means less opportunities for hotels to "spread" their costs between many rooms/suites on offer.

This particular hotel should be a memorable addition to the Rome hotel scene when it opens by the end of 2018.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Regarding the new RF in Rome, this has been discussed for a while now in the IC forum. While getting rid of all the small rooms is a great idea, this hotel had some very nice and spacious luxury suites already and was a great hotel already IMHO. I stayed there many times over the years. So it's not really an addition to the Rome scene. The only significant difference is the removal of the small rooms and probably no backpacker guests staying on points.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

clearly qatar (and or reale group?) will upgrade property as it becomes RF

changing subject, just noticed this great quote >
chicago.curbed.com/2014/3/28/10124300/how-handle-an-unsatisfactory-hotel-room-like-a-pro
"The premise of a hotel is to give a good night's sleep to everyone," tells Pablo Molinari, director of rooms at the Park Hyatt Washington. "If something is preventing you from getting a good night's sleep then we are not adhering to our part of the contract."

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 27, 2016 at 9:01 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:13 pm

Here's a meaningful reminder of what's opening soon...[again]...

Myanmar’s Strand Hotel Reopens This November

On November 15, The Strand Yangon in Myanmar will officially reopen after a restoration project that brought the historic hotel into the 21st century.

Originally opened in 1901, the hotel’s original architecture was restored, from the teak paneling to the antique beds and marble flooring. The updates came in the form of modern air conditioning and in-room technology.

The Strand Restaurant brings in a new executive chef – Christian Martena, who also owns a restaurant in Bangkok. It will reopen on December 1 for dinner four nights per week and will serve a menu of classic Mediterranean plates with locally sourced ingredients.
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...november-17765

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by uggboy
It's good to learn that Rocco Forte Hotels plans to grow further over the next years incl. a 2nd property in Rome, of note is that this particular property was the former InterContinental De La Ville before it closed. The hotel will re-emerge as a much smaller hotel we learned from 192 room/suites to 105 rooms/suites. Sounds promising and it's "only" half a mile from the existing Rocco Forte de Russie hotel. The Hotel De La Ville is due to open by the end of 2018. Rocco Forte Hotels plan to double their hotel portfolio from 10 properties as of now to 20 properties over the next five years incl. new openings in Jeddah and Shanghai ahead of us.

Rocco Forte to open second hotel in Rome

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/rocco-fort...hotel-in-rome/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Now how about Rocco Forte having a merger with Kempinski, so I could just avoid one big group altogether. @:-)
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Now how about Rocco Forte having a merger with Kempinski, so I could just avoid one big group altogether. @:-)
What's so wrong with these two...any insights?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:02 pm

They work well for so many people, I just think many Rocco Forte hotels are somewhat lost these days. Especially the German properties are not doing really well. Not my kind of hotel.

Kempinski tries to be Four Seasons, although it is actually older (funny, no?), more stuffy and without the Golden Rule. I cannot stand their corporate management team -- too much arrogance which cascades down the ladder. Isadore Sharp they are not.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:09 pm

They work well for so many people, I just think many Rocco Forte hotels are somewhat lost these days. Especially the German properties are not doing really well. Not my kind of hotel.

Kempinski tries to be Four Seasons, although it is actually older (funny, no?), more stuffy and without the Golden Rule. I cannot stand their corporate management team -- too much arrogance which cascades down the ladder. Isadore Sharp they are not.
Thanks scented for your insights, interesting to know. Well received.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

Depends on property in my eyes. Many Kempinskis simply don´t offer high end hardware. So while I satyed frequently years ago I more or less only stay frequewntly at the Adlon. Regarding German RF-properties can´t speak about actual experiences in Frankfurt and Berlin, but Munich improoved over the last time in my eyes.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:24 am

Agree the Charles is one of their strongest properties and one of the best in Germany.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TalkBoard considering forum for private rentals >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...-new-post.html
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:14 am

Rocco Forte's Assila Hotel to open November 14

Hospitality firm Rocco Forte Hotels has revealed that its first hotel in Saudi Arabia is set for a soft opening later this month, according to sister title Arabian Business.

The opening of Assila Hotel is scheduled for November 14, and marks the beginning of the hotel group’s quest to expand its presence in the region.

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/28...n-november-14/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:53 pm

http://www.italy24.ilsole24ore.com/a...?uuid=AD0riKsB

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts seems like they're really looking to try to get multiple properties in Italy.

Rosewood also announces a Hong Kong property scheduled for 2018:
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/ho...Will-Open-2018
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hong-kong
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Rosewood also announces a Hong Kong property scheduled for 2018:
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/ho...Will-Open-2018
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hong-kong
That Hong Kong address is right next to the IC. That site has been under construction for what seems like a decade. At one point they stopped work, mowed the whole thing down and restarted. When I was there earlier this year they were just doing the first floor. I hope it opens on time, but would not be a bit surprised if it was severely delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.