Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Good day!

May I ask who's been using Ourisman travel and would be kind enough to provide some feedback in PM to me? It's for my honeymoon. I'm a little bit hesitating.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Paul
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Brazil Buzz: Palácio Tangará Opens May 10 [2017] in São Paulo

The countdown is on. Palácio Tangará, one of the most highly anticipated hotels of the year, will officially open its doors in São Paulo on May 10, 2017. This is the first Oetker Collection hotel in South America, and it already has tongues wagging in Brazil. The verdant location will position the hotel as an urban oasis in this huge metropolis; Burle Marx Park was designed by a highly regarded Brazilian landscape designer and these tropical gardens serve as “green lungs” for the city.
Please see:

http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...y-10-sao-paulo

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Any rumors in regards to possible new openings/developments for Mandarin Oriental? I know they just reveled plans for Honolulu. Would love to see them add a resort or two.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28143375-post72.html

Originally Posted by KatW
Testing the waters here to gauge interest in a thread on Luxury Hotels and (mostly) Natural Disasters. Have you been through such a disaster in a luxe venue? Is this worthy of its own thread? It's something I often wonder about.
there is first hand discussion here, but no existing thread
FS hualalai, FS bora bora, FS samui, FS nevis and mauna kea >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post16080002

back to PRI, seems $780 for helicopter, wonder if other hotels doing it too
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

Thanks. I know Doha is opening soon, with Honolulu, Beirut, and Boca Raton in the works. Are Beijing and Dubai still planned?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:02 am

Oman's Shangri-La Al Husn to relaunch in Oct 2017

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts announced at the Arabian Travel Market 2017 that it will relaunch Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa in Oman as a private standalone resort in October 2017.

The 180-key hotel sits adjacent to Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa. Following the renovations, Shangri-La Al Husn will offer enhanced guest experiences and new dining offerings.
...equally of note...

The hotel will maintain its children’s policy, which encourages adults and guests over the age of 16.

Guests will continue to enjoy private butler service, daily afternoon tea, pre-dinner cocktails, pre-loaded iPods with personalised music selection, and complimentary beverages from the in-room mini bar. Guests of Shangri-La Al Husn will also have access to the extensive range of offerings at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa.
Please see:

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/30...h-in-oct-2017/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:00 am

One&Only diversifies brand portfolio and announces new properties

One&Only, created exclusively for the ultra-luxury market, is evolving its portfolio beyond award-winning Beach Resorts with One&Only Nature Resorts, One&Only Urban Resorts, and One&Only Private Homes.
interesting...

Joining Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, two spectacular resorts will be introduced under One&Only Nature Resorts, One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorilla’s Nest, both located in Rwanda.
Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/oneonly-di...ew-properties/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old May 2, 2017, 3:26 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We've talked a lot about Raja Ampat in this forum...Aman and other cruises. This is horrible news.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/...perts-say.html
Old May 2, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ericka
We've talked a lot about Raja Ampat in this forum...Aman and other cruises. This is horrible news.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/...perts-say.html
That's indeed very sad news. Interesting that they already know the $$$$ worth of this particular damage.

Thanks for sharing Ericka, it's good to know.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old May 3, 2017, 12:52 pm

Interesting news round-up in regards to luxury hotels/resorts/properties from around the world:

Park Hyatt Tokyo Offers Summer 2017 Restaurant Promotions

Please see:

http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...ant-promotions

New in Chicago: Hotel Julian, Inside the Converted Atlantic Bank Building

Please see:

http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...-bank-building

and...

Preferred Hotels & Resorts Adds 32 Hotels Across 15 Countries

Please see:

http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/h...s-15-countries

It's good to know.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old May 4, 2017, 3:10 pm
Original Member

Excerpted from email:

A TIMELESS PARISIAN LANDMARK
It is our great pleasure to announce the expansion of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® in the heart of Paris with the reopening of Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel on July 5th, 2017.

After four years of extensive renovation, this iconic Parisian landmark, symbol of French savoir-faire and art de vivre, reinvents hospitality with a subtle balance of conservation and transformation.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you to 10 Place de la Concorde to experience this new chapter of Parisian history together.

Be one of the first to discover the renewal with our Grand Opening Offer, available through August 31, 2017.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:34 pm

Excerpted from email:

It is our great pleasure to announce the expansion of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® in the heart of Paris with the reopening of Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel on July 5th, 2017.

After four years of extensive renovation, this iconic Parisian landmark, symbol of French savoir-faire and art de vivre, reinvents hospitality with a subtle balance of conservation and transformation.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you to 10 Place de la Concorde to experience this new chapter of Parisian history together.

Be one of the first to discover the renewal with our Grand Opening Offer, available through August 31, 2017.
Wonderful news! I am excited and, yet, filled with trepidation. I will once again be able to run into the welcoming arms of my beloved Crillon! But what will I find? I am fearful of ghastly design missteps and so hope the extraordinary bar was left relatively unscathed.

A special trip to Paris is now required, maybe mid August.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Excerpted from email:

Good news, but the Opening Offer is really lame and is IMO equal to Virtuoso-Amenities
Old May 6, 2017, 8:11 pm
Original Member

Jim and I are hosting our Brooklyn-based godless son, his wife and two kids (11 and 8) for a week at Grand Wailea on Maui. Made the arrangements over six months ago, working with a TA I use no longer for new bookings. The process has not been smooth and, although I am not one to count pennies, the cost has been impressively outsize ... but, Hawaii, right? As in, Right to Gouge state.

Thus, happy to report that I've been working with a Napua Tower (the club level) concierge and he has been nothing short of stupendous: accommodating, swift to respond, good answers, super service. Kudos to Jonathan Severance at Napua Tower / Grand Wailea, he is the bees' knees, not to mention the cat's meow. I begin to think this will be a grand respite for all of us. Seven weeks to go.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:43 am

Jim and I are hosting our Brooklyn-based godless son, his wife and two kids (11 and 8) for a week at Grand Wailea on Maui. Made the arrangements over six months ago, working with a TA I use no longer for new bookings. The process has not been smooth and, although I am not one to count pennies, the cost has been impressively outsize ... but, Hawaii, right? As in, Right to Gouge state.

Thus, happy to report that I've been working with a Napua Tower (the club level) concierge and he has been nothing short of stupendous: accommodating, swift to respond, good answers, super service. Kudos to Jonathan Severance at Napua Tower / Grand Wailea, he is the bees' knees, not to mention the cat's meow. I begin to think this will be a grand respite for all of us. Seven weeks to go.
Now this is starting to sound better... glad you are well looked after & the trip details are coming along nicely. Always fun with the family -- maybe you get to reward yourself with a bit of spa time to recharge.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:36 am

It looks [as per the image provided in the article] like that MO took over management of the former Grand Hyatt Santiago.

Mandarin Oriental debuts in South America with hotel in Santiago, Chile

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has announced today that it has signed a management contract to manage, and ultimately brand, a 310-room hotel currently operating in Santiago, Chile. The Group will take over management of the property from August 2017, and rename it Hotel Santiago. Following an extensive guestroom and public area renovation, the first stage of which is scheduled to complete in August 2018, the hotel will be rebranded Mandarin Oriental, Santiago. This will be the Group’s first property in South America.
Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/mandarin-o...antiago-chile/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.