Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:39 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Just got a call from Twin Farms. Daisy will be the first canine guest!

We had asked to be able to dine with her (thanks to zigzag for suggesting one of the small back porches). Twin Farms suggested the small dining room and recommended we bring an ipod to play some music, etc. Nice.

Trip report coming soon!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
New Daisy photos!

I anxiously await a new installment of Daisy's travels - and more photos of cuteness

And totally agree with the comments about getting to Amanpulo - although getting there from SEA is really not a big deal.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Ericka
Just got a call from Twin Farms. Daisy will be the first canine guest!

We had asked to be able to dine with her (thanks to zigzag for suggesting one of the small back porches). Twin Farms suggested the small dining room and recommended we bring an ipod to play some music, etc. Nice.

Trip report coming soon!
Ericka,
Consider a "Travels With Daisy" Trip Reports in the FT Travel With Pets Forum. A Great fit for that forum.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Musken
Yeah. Amanpulo. The flight is forgotten once you are there. A week holiday there, feels like two weeks since it is just soooo relaxing. I have never seen my husband more relaxed. Just go. Or tell me if you need pictures or something to convince Pierre.
Originally Posted by ridefar
I would second this. And I dont find the flight to be bad at all. Our route is to fly to HKG--which I find relatively easy to deal with from YVR with the aid of a sleeping pill and a generous pour of scotch. Overnight in HKG, couple great choices are easy to reach right from the high speed express train. Check your bag the night before for your Cathay flight HKG to MNL the next day. Stay 1 night to get rid of jet lag, or stay longer if you like HK. Personally, I love HK so that works out great. Then you can get to Amanpulo by 2:30 pm from HKG. Easy. On the way back it is usually possible to line flights up so you do Amanpulo-MNL-HKG-wherever in North America or Europe overnight and you are home. Anyway, I would rather fly for 18 hours to get to Amanpulo than fly 6 hours to Hawaii and stay anywhere there at any price, or 10 hours to anywhere in the Caribbean and stay there at any place at any price.
Originally Posted by lb8001

And totally agree with the comments about getting to Amanpulo - although getting there from SEA is really not a big deal.
^
Amanpulo
So another Husky agrees
Or even Amanpulo - MNL - SIN -
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:46 am

New to luxury travel. My husband and I loved Amangani's Wolf and Bear excursion so much that we're going to Tutka Bay Lodge (Within the Wild) in August to see more bears.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
July 2013 (updated):

Honeymoon trip to
Aman Canal Grande
The Setai Miami
Amanyara
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan
July 2013 (updated):

Honeymoon trip to
Aman Canal Grande
The Setai Miami
Amanyara
Great itinerary except for the Setai has become a complete disaster since GHM was kicked out...
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Blackbook
Great itinerary except for the Setai has become a complete disaster since GHM was kicked out...
Stayed at the Setai last November and it was a flawless, lovely stay.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Stayed at the Setai last November and it was a flawless, lovely stay.
Yes, unfortunately, the disaster happened after you left...

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/opera...th-beach-15506

A sad end to a great hotel
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Blackbook
Yes, unfortunately, the disaster happened after you left...

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/opera...th-beach-15506

A sad end to a great hotel
Management change happened in April 2012 prior to my stay http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2012/4/2/141924/9328/hotels/Inside_Saturday's_Shakedown_at_The_Setai_Hotel_in_ South_Beach. Nonetheless, overall service, food, and comfort was marvelous throughout (esp. breakfast service at the restaurant was very professionell yet welcomingly polite and the food outstanding) incl. management encounters. An excellent stay that was easily comparable with former sister property The Datai during GHM's reign. Which is a big ^ for US standards.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Hope you wonīt be disappointed like me
I just stayed at the RC there (Philadelphia) which was also relatively uninspiring. I've stayed at the FS there a handful of times and it is OK, but not great and a bit out of the way for me.

I gave some thought to the Westin, which if memory serves, is the former RC.

Let me ask of the Rittenhouse, how bad was it?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:09 am

FS St Petersburg now accepting reservations through Dec 31, 2014. FS Moscow opens spring of 2014. A new look on Russia...
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by NYBanker

Let me ask of the Rittenhouse, how bad was it?

Letīs say medicore. Not a desaster, but the bathroom was tired and the pool was nice 20 years ago. Service was not bad, but nothing to talk about.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:10 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Ericka,
Consider a "Travels With Daisy" Trip Reports in the FT Travel With Pets Forum. A Great fit for that forum.
Sure....but these are still luxury hotels and not everyone appreciates that. Is there a way to "legally" cross-post on flyertalk? Can I just make a list with links back to the luxury forum?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could quote pet content from your report here in this forum to a thread in that forum (and could be removed if there is any "questionable" response)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 7, 2013 at 10:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.