Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Bvlgari London
Bristol Paris
Four Seasons Prague
Bristol Paris was slighlty disapppointing (our suite was feeling dated and the pool is not so great except for the view). Bvlgari London and FS Prague were fantastic!

Next trips planned:
- Four Seasons Florence (July)
- Wynn Las Vegas (August)
- Beverly Hills Hotel (September)
- Bvlgari London again, I love it (October for small private party)
- Four Seasons St. Petersburg (November)

We'll try also various small hotels in France but not 'luxury' properties.
We were supposed to go to Aman Venice in July but I cancelled as Pierre was not enthusiastic, and I wanted to book Cheval Blanc Maldives for next Winter but management team lacks responsiveness, they don't answer quickly, and when they finally do the information provided is not accurate.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:15 am

Mandarin Oriental Miami
Four Seasons Buenos Aires
Fasano Rio de Janeiro
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Bristol Paris was slighlty disapppointing (our suite was feeling dated and the pool is not so great except for the view). Bvlgari London and FS Prague were fantastic!

Next trips planned:
- Four Seasons Florence (July)
- Wynn Las Vegas (August)
- Beverly Hills Hotel (September)
- Bvlgari London again, I love it (October for small private party)
- Four Seasons St. Petersburg (November)

We'll try also various small hotels in France but not 'luxury' properties.
We were supposed to go to Aman Venice in July but I cancelled as Pierre was not enthusiastic, and I wanted to book Cheval Blanc Maldives for next Winter but management team lacks responsiveness, they don't answer quickly, and when they finally do the information provided is not accurate.
All excellent properties... FS Florence often is in my top 10 favorites in Italy.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
This month - Ultima Thule Lodge, remote Alaska (not luxury per se, but a
very personalized visit to an amazing place)

Fall - Paris or Tokyo - two places that I've only seen the airports, so am checking out all of the recommendations by this group
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
I'll be driving across country (Massachusetts to Arizona) in a few weeks, and will be doing a series of quick 1-night stays along the way. A scattering of Starwood hotels, along with the Four Seasons Atlanta, and potentially the Ritz-Carlton or the Windsor Court in New Orleans.

Then the wife heads off to spend some time in Ireland, including Dromoland Castle and Castlemartyr. My summer travel plans include less time in hotels and more time on a sailboat. (Split between Southern California, Lake Michigan and the Long Island sound.)

This winter, I'm headed to the St. Regis Deer Valley for a few nights.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
I found castlemartyr only ok when i was there last year. The room was fantastic buts that because we got an upgrade to the presidential suite after we werent happy with our first room, grounds lovely but food only ok (cant really recall breakfast but was disappointed with dinner). I like the Cliff House in Ardmore, much smaller property and maybe 50 min further from Cork towards waterford. The cliff house has a nice main restaurant (one star Michelin) and there is also a nice restaurant in Dungarvan called the tannery which is only a taxi ride away.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by irish mark
I like the Cliff House in Ardmore, much smaller property and maybe 50 min further from Cork towards waterford.
Thanks so much for the feedback, irish mark. I really appreciate it. My wife is traveling with some friends, and they're primarily focused on staying near some equestrian centres that came highly recommended. I'll have to see if there are any on their list near the Cliff House.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: http://www.sedonahikechallenge.com/
I haven't got any idea yet.That is why I'm searching for good itinerary.I have to choose wisely because of budget shortage.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Park Hyatt and Shangri-la in Tokyo.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
In Africa for July - some repeat hotels and some new:

Saxon Johannesburg - repeat
Little kulala. - Namibia
Little Ongava - Namibia
Olive Exclusive - Windhoek, Namibia
Ellerman House - Capetown - repeat
Royal Malewane - South Africa
Singita Boulders - South Africa - repeat
Azura - Mozambique

Some of these are luxury and some the best of what is available in country. I will report after trip.

London - booked The Berkley where have stayed many times, but tempted to try Bulgari based on Pierre and Cedric reviews.

Auberge du Soleil for weekend in August
Montage Laguna Beach - for weekend wedding in September
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Larkin
London - booked The Berkley where have stayed many times, but tempted to try Bulgari based on Pierre and Cedric reviews.
If you plan to take advantage of the pool and spa for sure you can go and give a try
Bvlgari is small (less than 100 rooms), I like the location very much and their italian restaurant is great.^
On the other hand decor is very masculine with silver, dark wood and black stone. I guess it is not everybody's taste and many people will find it cold and lacking the english atmosphere.
It is still my favorite just before FSPL.:-:
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:43 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by luxury
Tentative plans:

August:

Ritz Carlton Dallas
Mansion on Turtle Creek
Four Seasons Dallas
Vdara Las Vegas
Four Seasons Whistler

December
Four Seasons Hualalai
I will be staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel in August as well since my agency is now Dorchester Collection Diamond Club.

Last edited by luxury; Jul 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Aventine
Park Hyatt and Shangri-la in Tokyo.
Excellent choice.
Please report back, while we know the Park Hyatt Tokyo and had a great stay there, we would be interested to hear up to date feedback from the Shangri-La Tokyo too. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by cakegirl
June- Four Seasons Austin
July- Tea Trails, Amanawella, Amangalla
The Four Seasons Austin was a very pleasant surprise. The location on the river and green space in the middle of downtown were enjoyable and the restaurant and spa were very good too. I think it is the best option in Austin.

Next week: Park Hyatt Toronto
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uggboy
Excellent choice.
Please report back, while we know the Park Hyatt Tokyo and had a great stay there, we would be interested to hear up to date feedback from the Shangri-La Tokyo too. Thanks.
I'd be glad to oblige.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.