Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite

An upcoming RTW for work and leisure at some of my favorites - deja vu to a trip last year:
Landmark Mandarin Oriental HKG
Park Hyatt Milan (alas not Armani Milano for this trip)
The Dolder Grand
Shangri-La Paris

Last edited by Mr. Strong; Jul 27, 2013 at 12:14 am
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:08 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
For my upcoming trip to Ft Worth, Texas, I will be staying at the #1-rated Hilton Garden Inn.

Ft Worth is a tough town for hotels. This is made worse by the fact that all of the purportedly 4-star top properties are sold out.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:21 am

After enduring horrendous spanish service for weeks, we booked the following:

- September. Four Seasons Firenze. First visit. Undetermined Suite.
- October. Four Seasons London Park Lane. Repeat visit. Mayfair Suite.
- November. Four Seasons Geneva. Repeat visit. Loft.

I have always enjoyed Park Hyatt, but in europe FS is pretty strong. Except for Milan which is PH for me.

Morgan
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I will write a detailed review when we are back.
Regarding the upgrade I guess they checked our profile in FS system and it is my birthday, it probably helped.
P&C,

Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I really like your reviews on TA. Very similar taste and high attention to detail.

Cheers

Morgan (aka MorganJ)
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by MorganDK
P&C,

Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I really like your reviews on TA. Very similar taste and high attention to detail.

Cheers

Morgan (aka MorganJ)
Thank you very much
I plan to post a review also here with additional pictures but I did not have enough time yet
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MorganDK
P&C,

Cheers

Morgan (aka MorganJ)
+1 really enjoy as well.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:30 am

Hampton Inn Appletown WI last week week end. Sorry for posting after the stay.
Truly a luxury stay, 4 different sorts of teas and a 4 different "fresh powder" juice in pastic / paper glass. I enjoy eating breakfast with my plastic cuttlery, so refreshing...
The restaurant / bar deserve ... nothing as there are no bar nor restaurant.

Heading back to Chicago found a "four seasons resorts" in the GPS, I didn't know that FS has a property in WI. I was thinking I'll have a great massage before my flight but unfortunately this property is not a real FS.

Maybe this week end at the WA in Versailles to recover
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Strong

An upcoming RTW for work and leisure at some of my favorites - deja vu to a trip last year:
Landmark Mandarin Oriental HKG
Park Hyatt Milan (alas not Armani Milano for this trip)
The Dolder Grand
Shangri-La Paris
Enjoy the Shangri la, beautiful facility. Just don't eat at their restaurant "l'abeille". (2 michelin star is over rated)
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
For my upcoming trip to Ft Worth, Texas, I will be staying at the #1-rated Hilton Garden Inn.

Ft Worth is a tough town for hotels. This is made worse by the fact that all of the purportedly 4-star top properties are sold out.
Not the #1 rated is my Hampton inn in WI,
still interesting to see a part of the US that I knew in movie only.
GRB airport is that the only airport where they sell... tractor ?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Hampton Inn Appletown WI last week week end. Sorry for posting after the stay.
Truly a luxury stay, 4 different sorts of teas and a 4 different "fresh powder" juice in pastic / paper glass. I enjoy eating breakfast with my plastic cuttlery, so refreshing...
The restaurant / bar deserve ... nothing as there are no bar nor restaurant.

Heading back to Chicago found a "four seasons resorts" in the GPS, I didn't know that FS has a property in WI. I was thinking I'll have a great massage before my flight but unfortunately this property is not a real FS.

Maybe this week end at the WA in Versailles to recover
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, Flying Club
Upcoming ...

Aman i khas, Aman Bagh and the Lodhi in November
FS Westlake Village in December
Amangani in March
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Enjoy the Shangri la, beautiful facility. Just don't eat at their restaurant "l'abeille". (2 michelin star is over rated)

Thanks. It'll be my third stay at Shangri-La Paris (was last there in November 2012). I was actually hoping to stay at MO Paris (was there last January) for this trip but the rates there were considerably higher.

Skipping L'Abeille. Will likely go to Le Violon d'Ingres and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon.

Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
We're headed for stunning Orlando on the new AS non stop from SAN. First two nights at a villa at Marriott's Grande Vista followed by one night at the Airport Ren ir order to catch the AS 7:30 AM non stop to SAN. Anyone familiar with these accommodations? I gather we'll need a rental car to go from the airport to Grande Vista off International Drive.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
The Saxon in Johannesburg this week

Last edited by sportsguymichael; Aug 7, 2013 at 5:12 pm Reason: added information
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:12 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maltasr
We're headed for stunning Orlando on the new AS non stop from SAN. First two nights at a villa at Marriott's Grande Vista followed by one night at the Airport Ren ir order to catch the AS 7:30 AM non stop to SAN. Anyone familiar with these accommodations? I gather we'll need a rental car to go from the airport to Grande Vista off International Drive.
As these are not luxury hotels, you might learn more useful information if you checked out the relevant hotel chain forums for Marriott and Renaissance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.