Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Strong

Thanks. It'll be my third stay at Shangri-La Paris (was last there in November 2012). I was actually hoping to stay at MO Paris (was there last January) for this trip but the rates there were considerably higher.

Skipping L'Abeille. Will likely go to Le Violon d'Ingres and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon.

Enjoy Robuchon. The one in the Champs Elysee does have table if you don't like the counter (you may need to request a table at the booking)
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Try instead Namaskar Palace in the Palmeraie - much better than FS - or my favourite, Amanjena.
We have now booked villa d'Orangers and then amanjena
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I hope London in January - booked FS Park Lane
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton, BA, AA, SPG
We leave for Dubrovnik tomorrow. Taking British Air First Class to London and then Croatian Air coach to Zagreb and then Dubrovnik. Staying 9 nights at the Hilton Dubrovnik. Total cost for British Air from Chicago using 150,000 British Air points and $2,328 (for 2 people). Croatia Air flights for 2 $541. What brings it all together is the 9 nights at the Hilton Dubrovnik for 337,500 Hilton Honors Points.

The weather looks like it will be great!

Last edited by moobearus; Aug 13, 2013 at 6:58 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
August 31st - Hotel Grande Bretagne Athens for 2 nights (one night at start and one at end)
and inbetween 5 nights I am trying this brand new hotel AMBASSADOR AEGEAN LUXURY HOTEL & SUITES SANTORINI in Deluxe Suite with private pool.
http://www.ambassadorhotelsantorini....r_hotel_photos
Will leave a review on what level of luxury it is.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by moobearus
We leave for Dubrovnik tomorrow.
Sounds great! Even from Europe the flight isnīt easy.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:37 pm

Flying to Tokyo next week just to eat at Jiro. Staying 2 nights at the FS Marunochi.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:59 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by just_made1k
Flying to Tokyo next week just to eat at Jiro. Staying 2 nights at the FS Marunochi.
Have you seen the documentary about him?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Originally Posted by offerendum
I hope London in January - booked FS Park Lane
Four Seasons Park Lane has a third night free promotion from January - March, 2014 ( you are probably already aware but just in-case )
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:42 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Greenwich Hotel in NYC.

FDW
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:18 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Ericka
I have. And there's a long thread about him/his restaurants in the Japan Forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...e-visited.html

FWIW - our next trip is to Tokyo - next month. A week at the Four Seasons. Robyn
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest / Marriott Rewards / Delta Skymiles
Not sure if it is considered luxury, but ill be at the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square hotel in October. Really looking forward to it.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Ericka
I have Big part of the reason why I'm going. The guy is not getting any younger.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:50 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by vickersja
Not sure if it is considered luxury, but ill be at the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square hotel in October. Really looking forward to it.
Before anyone disses you (because a Residence Inn would not normally be considered a luxury property)...

A Residence Inn is a luxury property when it becomes your home for 8 weeks after your place is rendered inhabitable by a storm (in my case Hurricane Andrew - I had a very long stay in the Residence Inn in Boca Raton FL after that storm). And a Residence Inn is a luxury property when management treats you and other people whose homes have been damaged/destroyed in a storm like long lost family instead of hurricane survivors who have lost all their underwear - or - in some cases - everything! And it is a luxury property when it continues to serve the manager's specials every night. Even if people without much money - like military families from Homestead Air Force Base - which was totally destroyed - had to double up in accommodations just to get a roof over their heads.

Service is everything when it comes to luxury. And that particular Residence Inn was ^^^ in terms of post-disaster service.

FWIW - I'll always have a warm fuzzy feeling about Residence Inns because of that experience. So you enjoy your stay at the Residence Inn in Times Square . Robyn
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by robyng
So you enjoy your stay at the Residence Inn in Times Square
Of course! If Luxury or not, I hope it will be a great stay! Also we mustnīt forget, that the definition of Luxury is very individual. To say it again: Enjoy, New York is always an experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.