Reload this Page >

Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:24 pm

Anybody been to Mukul or any other good resorts in Nicaragua; was planning a trip there and definitely will stay at Mukul
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:33 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BaumeMercier
Anybody been to Mukul or any other good resorts in Nicaragua; was planning a trip there and definitely will stay at Mukul
I did not stay at Mukul, but I did have a reservation and then had to cancel it. The whole situation really left a bad taste in my mouth. First the resort said they only needed a credit card guarantee, but ended up taking one night deposit. Not the end of the world, but then when I cancelled (well outside the cancellation window) I had a really hard time getting my deposit back. Eventually had to dispute the charge on my credit card.

All of this is not to say that the resort isn't fantastic. Obviously I don't know because I've not been there. But the situation I had with them and my money pissed me off enough that even if it was fantastic, I would not go.

Of course, YMMV.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:27 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by BaumeMercier
I was there on an industry trip.... I thought it was great, keeping in mind it is a developing destination and finding staff is an issue. Which I think describes the above complaint. The hard product reminded me of Imanta in Punta Mita.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:31 am

Thanks for your comments about Mukul; to be honest the resort seems one of the nicest I have seen in a long time (judging by the photos), but yes can imagine having some hickups as its emerging destination.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by ABG
I was there on an industry trip.... I thought it was great, keeping in mind it is a developing destination and finding staff is an issue. Which I think describes the above complaint. The hard product reminded me of Imanta in Punta Mita.
There is a difference between staff that are unseasoned and those that out and out lie to you. I experienced the latter.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:39 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by xracer
There is a difference between staff that are unseasoned and those that out and out lie to you. I experienced the latter.
Its a cultural thing... had you gone there you'd understand they don't want to disappoint you so they tell you what they think you want to hear. Of course, ithat doesn't translate well for you and you feel ripped off. Don't judge a book by it's cover is my best advice. You won't be disappointed.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Its a cultural thing... had you gone there you'd understand they don't want to disappoint you so they tell you what they think you want to hear. Of course, ithat doesn't translate well for you and you feel ripped off. Don't judge a book by it's cover is my best advice. You won't be disappointed.
You have no idea what the situation was. And your assumptions here about that situation are completely wrong. This is one 'book' I will not try to open again. There are just too many places that deal with their customers with integrity to bother with this one.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:28 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just deleted a bunch of posts that were moving into regions where FT threads shouldn't go. I left enough so that folks can get an idea about the issue raised about the hotel. Let's leave this particular discussion at that.

Keep cool folks!
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Really miss the one I just left: Westin Kaanapali Ocean resort villas! Best location!
Next? Hilton in LA. Not so exciting.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Heidelberg now.

Any hotels to suggest for Erfurt & Fulda that may belong in this forum?
How about Dessau?
Thanks

Only have Hotel de Rome for Berlin
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Going to Shanghai this Wednesday. Will be trying out the new Mandarin Oriental Pudong.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Any hotels to suggest for Erfurt & Fulda that may belong in this forum?
How about Dessau?
Sorry, but no:-(

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Heidelberg now.
At the Europäischer Hof?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:27 am

Mukul Nicaragua
I've just been looking at the recent reviews of the Venice Aman hotel and noticed that one of the reviewers gave this review - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUse...epartment.html
Might be of interest to some on here.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by offerendum
Sorry, but no:-(

At the Europäischer Hof?
You are absolutely correct .. Though one was a former palace - no wifi , etc but beautiful grounds , horrible rooms..
Things have somewhat improved in the former east but still a long way to go..

No , perhaps next time .. but at least had free wifi when it worked..

Pity no MO , FS & such any where near either .. Think spotted a Marriott , rather nearest to what maybe ' luxury ' is in this region?

Will recover hopefully at Hotel de Rome & MOHK

Last edited by FlyerEC; Sep 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: CX DM
Since last post,
Park Hyatt Sydney
Amankora
Sofitel Xi'an (I know, not luxury, but not much other choice!)
Four Seasons Hangzhou
Park Hyatt Shanghai (x2)

Coming up
October:
Farm at Cape Kidnappers
Wharekauhau Lodge

November: Park Hyatt Maldives (burning Hyatt points. retuning to FS KH would have been my choice, but we want to swim across the equator!)

January: Amanpulo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.