Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Originally Posted by trach500
St Maarten, next week...

April vacation: Turks and Caicos (undecided on resort)

June: Denver (anybody know the best hotel there?)
July: Mykonos and Istanbul

December: Maldives or Thailand

I think most people on the board have mentioned that Ritz Carlton Denver is your best bet.
I'll be staying a night or two in Denver in February, I'm thinking about staying at Hotel Teatro, a smaller boutique hotel.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
My turn. We will be staying at:

December 2009
Seoul Park Hyatt, Singapore Four Seasons, Hong Kong Four Seasons, Melbourne Langham, Canberra Park Hyatt, Sydney Four Seasons

January 2010
Noumea Le Meridien, Sydney Four Seasons, Singapore Ritz Carlton, Paris Park Hyatt Vendome

February 2010
Fukuoka Grand Hyatt, Ibusuki Yurian, London Mandarin Oriental

March 2010
Tokyo Park Hyatt, Gunma Senjuan

April 2010
Shanghai Park Hyatt, Beijing Park Hyatt

May 2010
Beijing Fairmont, Ulan Bataar Kempinski

June 2010
Bangkok Mandarin Oriental, Chiangmai Mandarin Oriental

July 2010
Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental, Seoul Shilla

The above are all booked and confirmed. All for pleasure, none for work!!^

Last edited by jarusoba; Dec 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm Reason: Wrong dates
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Man, reading these posts has me green with envy!
My upcoming trips:
-Chicago 12/21-12/23 - PH Chicago...sending my wife to the trump spa...will report back if there is any interest in hearing about it.
-Scottsdale 12/28-01/02 with the kids (Westin Kierland)
-Cancun 01/08-01/11 - Hyatt Cancun (with the kids)
-Phuket 02/27-03/02 - Trisara (now that makes me feel like I belong)
-Beijing 03/02-03/04 - Park Hyatt
-April - Florida - 7 nights total split between my inlaws condo in Sarasota and Orlando...haven't decided on a property here yet...any suggestions would be appreciated...tried the Ritz, and didn't like it...will have our kids with us.
-Las Vegas - Memorial Weekend - Encore or Wynn...haven't decided yet.
-Las Vegas - Labor Day Weekend - Encore or Wynn...haven't decided yet.
-Paris - 09/23-09/28 - Park Hyatt
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:06 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Man, reading these posts has me green with envy!
My upcoming trips:
-Chicago 12/21-12/23 - PH Chicago...sending my wife to the trump spa...will report back if there is any interest in hearing about it.
Please do tell us about the Trump Spa in Chicago!!!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:51 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
Orlando rec for you

[QUOTE-April - Florida - 7 nights total split between my inlaws condo in Sarasota and Orlando...haven't decided on a property here yet...any suggestions would be appreciated...tried the Ritz, and didn't like it...will have our kids with us.
-[/QUOTE]

Have stayed in a few places in Orlando (inc Ritz and I'm not crazy on it either) and the one I keep coming back to are the Villas of Grand Cypress. There are 1,2,3 or 4 bedroom villas: regardless of how many bedrooms you order, each one has its own full bathroom (inc separate shower, jacuzzi bath) and a small kitchen plus spacious living and dining room. The estate is on hundreds of acres - golf courses, lakes and cycle paths - really delightful plus you see plenty of wildlife. They are not swanky but are very, very comfortable (and, trust me, I am a luxury lover). The villas are fully serviced (twice daily, so standard hotel housekeeping plus turndown) so it is more like having a suite than being in a condo. I don't use the kitchen at all other than to make a cup of tea (NB: the kitchens are not geared up for proper cooking). The Villas are linked to the Hyatt Regency (there is a free shuttle there whenever you want) though they have their own pool and 2 golf courses and they are well placed for Downtown Disney etc (Lake Buena Vista area). It is such a lovely spot when you want to escape from the usual thrum of Orlando too.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by instyleprincess
I think most people on the board have mentioned that Ritz Carlton Denver is your best bet.
I'll be staying a night or two in Denver in February, I'm thinking about staying at Hotel Teatro, a smaller boutique hotel.

Hotel Teatro looks great. I don't mind a luxury boutique hotel. I haven't even begun to do my research for it yet. We are going to meet some clients for the U2 concert in mid-June.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by paul2
Hi Trach500, I Can't help you with Denver, But T&C Amanyara perhaps or Parrot Cay? Do you have other options there?

Mykonos is a tough one, theres no great hotels there but if you skip over to Santorini or Crete for a few days theres lots of options there.

Have you chosen or shortlisted hotels for your other trips?

We stayed at the Mykonos Grace last time we were there. This year we might do the Grand, Petasos Beach or Cavo Tagoo. In Istanbul, we are staying at the Four Seasons Bosphorous. I'm not sure what we are doing for Turks and Caicos. We are taking our child who will only be 9 months old, so I was thinking Gansevoort possibly.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Paris - Hyatt Vendome or Holiday Inn
and aching to go to Hang Zhou to the stunning [ from the pics at least ] amanfayun

at the Park Vendome now [ as the Holiday Inn was full ....] and BOY ! has it been a struggle ....one room shift after another because of defective room issues...but service remains top notch and err......well orchestrated ...a < celeb> is here thus the men [&women] with cameras camping out at both end of the hotel .......[ hint ..RH....A ....] - do we need :-: "umbrellas" :-: in a snow storm ?- no snow in paris yet but certainly feels like it ...!!!

LONDONJETSETTER - are you here now too ??? ....

this above disappointment tails a very troubled stay at the Grand Berlin ....nice views of the marlene square were punctured by drilling and bikes reevveeeniinng away ......and in the evening .....high heels or jack boots pounding the parquet flooring outside or above me....service - smart , good and efficient but lacked warmth [ ...its germany stupid !- albeit berlin ..] ...the chill outside prepared me for the cold inside

NEXT ...Beijing Grand < as in Hyatt> [ not luxury but cant bear to be frustrated again [ would be for the 6th time if i were to stay...] at the Park Beijing - esp during this much needed 2010 celebratory occasion - will give it another 3 more months before giving it another go...

maybe visit the Aman Summer Palace - to revisit and see waahts up there..

Last edited by bearbrick; Dec 16, 2009 at 10:30 pm
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Paris next month with business (staying at the Park Hyatt)
Originally Posted by BLV
PHV. We'll be there 12/28-1/3. Never on business, just like the place. Will be ringing the NYE at Le Meurice
at the Park Vendome now [ as the Holiday Inn was full ....] and BOY ! has it been a struggle ....one room shift after another because of defective room issues...but service remains top notch and err......well orchestrated ...a < celeb> is here thus the men [&women] with cameras camping out at both end of the hotel .......[ hint ..RH....A ....] - do we need :-: "umbrellas" :-: in a snow storm ?

rihanna was there last month
http://www.celebritysnap.com/celebri...otel-in-paris/

http://gossiponthis.com/2009/12/16/s...new-york-city/
dec 15 - rihanna shopping in NYC

in berlin, she upgraded from hyatt (2007) to regent (2009) ^
http://www.celebritysnap.com/celebri...ing-in-berlin/
http://www.celebritysnap.com/celebri...erlin-germany/

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 16, 2009 at 11:46 pm
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:05 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Escaping the Gray...

Love the thread. . .

12/30-1/2: Headed to the Rose Bowl with the kid. . .booked into The Peninsula BH (wonder how it will compare to HK, BKK, NYC. . .and how they will do with a sold out house full of football fans).

1/10-13: Back to Las Vegas. Bellagio. We always stay here due to f&f upgrade to ph suites. But note (esp to "bsdstone" upthread): Aria @ City Center opened today and promptly sent out (to one of my Vegas cohorts) an offer resulting in a net $34/nt. rate (including gaming play). He is not a high roller. So, you can bet they are dealing. Looking forward to dinner at Gagnaire's Twist, 23rd floor of the new MO. Also spa @ Aria 81,000 sq ft. Wonder how that will be ;-)

3/18-26: Maui. Heading via HA F PDX-OGG nonstop (yeah! no LAX or HNL). Staying at Wailea Elua condos. Never stayed there before. Ekahi was nice in years past. Hope the spa at the Grand Wailea is as grand as in the past. An afternoon there cures what ails you.

--mcz

Last edited by mczlaw; Dec 17, 2009 at 12:09 am Reason: forgot to mention Aria spa
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

kageh - are you on her twitter ?

well i think its her ..as the photographer said ...."eets err.... "

either there is a double here or NYC ..or the gossip mag is 1 day late
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my bad
http://www.ultimate-rihanna.com/2009...eating-in-nyc/
BTW, RiRi is going to be in France tomorrow!
Dec 16 | Sacree Soiree (France)
Dec 18 | Friday Night With Jonathan Ross (UK)
Dec 19 | NBC’s New Year's Eve (Taping)
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
at the Park Vendome now [ as the Holiday Inn was full ....] and BOY ! has it been a struggle ....one room shift after another because of defective room issues...but service remains top notch and err......well orchestrated ...a < celeb> is here thus the men [&women] with cameras camping out at both end of the hotel .......[ hint ..RH....A ....] - do we need :-: "umbrellas" :-: in a snow storm ?- no snow in paris yet but certainly feels like it ...!!!

LONDONJETSETTER - are you here now too ??? ....

this above disappointment tails a very troubled stay at the Grand Berlin ....nice views of the marlene square were punctured by drilling and bikes reevveeeniinng away ......and in the evening .....high heels or jack boots pounding the parquet flooring outside or above me....service - smart , good and efficient but lacked warmth [ ...its germany stupid !- albeit berlin ..] ...the chill outside prepared me for the cold inside

NEXT ...Beijing Grand < as in Hyatt> [ not luxury but cant bear to be frustrated again [ would be for the 6th time if i were to stay...] at the Park Beijing - esp during this much needed 2010 celebratory occasion - will give it another 3 more months before giving it another go...

maybe visit the Aman Summer Palace - to revisit and see waahts up there..
Hehe I was there last week.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Mykonos

Originally Posted by trach500
We stayed at the Mykonos Grace last time we were there. This year we might do the Grand, Petasos Beach or Cavo Tagoo. In Istanbul, we are staying at the Four Seasons Bosphorous. I'm not sure what we are doing for Turks and Caicos. We are taking our child who will only be 9 months old, so I was thinking Gansevoort possibly.
If you want a much better view than you get at Mykonos Grace, go to Mykonos Blue which is not perfect but is, IMHO, the best option on the island - they have the best beach too Works well for couples and/or kids.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:47 am
BLV

When we stayed there in June it was for the Roland Garros final. It so happened that Federer was staying there as well AND celebrating at PUR after his win. I must say that despite him (and entourage consisting of other famous tennis players) occupying the whole floor, the only indicator of a celebrity staying at that hotel were CIA-looking body guards practically living in the elevators. No photogs outside, except me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.