Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by faust343
Prince de Galles, Paris
Stay next door!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:51 am

Currently at the Fasano, Rio. So far I am really happy with my stay. Service is very good, better than at the Copacabana Palace. Booked via LHW as a LC member. Got on early check in (at 7 AM!), upgraded from entry level room to sea view deluxe, welcome drink at the bar (still a bit early now ) and the (complimentary) breakfast was very nice. Buffet style but quality over quantity in a very serene setting, nothing zoo-like (like too many buffets). Occupancy is quite low so lounging by the pool is a bliss and my lounger is right above Ipanema beach. I will update the Rio thread after check out.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I just returned from the Park Hyatt Vienna where I had a great stay in the Ambassador Suite. Next up: the Dorchester in two and a half weeks.
We both like Berluti and it now appears that we both recently stayed at PHV Ambassador Suite. Too funny! Was there on the 1st and 2nd. Suite 104?

Got my fill of schnitzel, Esterhazy torte at Demel, and kasekrainer but I still prefer St. Gallen bratwurst from Sternen.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by Mr. Strong
We both like Berluti and it now appears that we both recently stayed at PHV Ambassador Suite. Too funny! Was there on the 1st and 2nd. Suite 104?

Got my fill of schnitzel, Esterhazy torte at Demel, and kasekrainer but I still prefer St. Gallen bratwurst from Sternen.
That's funny indeed! I stayed at 304.
I just sent you a PM.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Was just in the Venus Williams V Starr designed Presidential Suite at the IC Miami. Next is Rosewood London.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Member

Flying tomorrow to Fiji for ten nights at Laucala.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:54 pm

Enjoy - look forward to the trip report.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Stay next door!
The hotel manager there is Brice Delcos, ex-Four Seasons Seychelles and FS Provence, so although Prince de Galles is not George V stadard by any means, it is better than one would expect, thanks to Brice. His wife Nathalie is head of Spa at George V. Neighbours.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:41 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by faust343
Prince de Galles, Paris
Have a great time! Would love a recent trip report if you get the chance for this hotel...as it's been several years since our last stay and we are considering another stay again in fall 2017.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Have a great time! Would love a recent trip report if you get the chance for this hotel...as it's been several years since our last stay and we are considering another stay again in fall 2017.
Dear Bhrubin,

I stayed at the PDG back in June with my husband. My initial plan was to try out the Lancaster, but since they only wanted to sell me a room via Accor and not via LHW, I booked the PDG instead on a very short notice. Rate for an entry level room was (most likely since it was so last minute) over 800 EUR but was also available via C&P so I managed to still get a decent deal. Hotel was almost fully booked so no suite upgrade but we were upgraded to the next category room (I think deluxe with courtyard view).

Rooms are very nicely refurbised, albeit a bit on the small side.

Service was excellent and IMHO better/warmer/more attentive than for instance service at Le Bristol. I really liked the PDG, probably because of the lack of typical Parisian attitude.

We had both dinner (drinks and some small plates) and breakfast (Platinum amenity, excellent value) at Les Heures and it was excellent! Great setting, service and food.

In short: we would most definitely return, as long as it is for the right price. Over 800 EUR for an entry level room is a bit steep IMHO, certainly when you take the rates for properties like the Shangri La, Georges V, Plaza Athenée into account. In those cases I would rather pay a bit more and stay there. But PDG is an excellent hotel and in case of rates in the range of let's say 600 EUR max a very good choice.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:30 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Epicura
Dear Bhrubin,

I stayed at the PDG back in June with my husband. My initial plan was to try out the Lancaster, but since they only wanted to sell me a room via Accor and not via LHW, I booked the PDG instead on a very short notice. Rate for an entry level room was (most likely since it was so last minute) over 800 EUR but was also available via C&P so I managed to still get a decent deal. Hotel was almost fully booked so no suite upgrade but we were upgraded to the next category room (I think deluxe with courtyard view).

Rooms are very nicely refurbised, albeit a bit on the small side.

Service was excellent and IMHO better/warmer/more attentive than for instance service at Le Bristol. I really liked the PDG, probably because of the lack of typical Parisian attitude.

We had both dinner (drinks and some small plates) and breakfast (Platinum amenity, excellent value) at Les Heures and it was excellent! Great setting, service and food.

In short: we would most definitely return, as long as it is for the right price. Over 800 EUR for an entry level room is a bit steep IMHO, certainly when you take the rates for properties like the Shangri La, Georges V, Plaza Athenée into account. In those cases I would rather pay a bit more and stay there. But PDG is an excellent hotel and in case of rates in the range of let's say 600 EUR max a very good choice.
^^^

Thanks so much for that! I actually prefer the Vendome area over the Golden Triangle area, but I do love the PdG, especially since I'm Plat100 Amassador and always seem to get upgraded to suites, even on award stays. (It helps that I always prefer it cooler/cold so I always visit Paris in shoulder or even low season.)

I prefer the PdG over the PH, but I do tend to stay at the MO or PH more because of their Vendome location...or even the Westin. I'm not a big fan of the Palace hotels.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Does anyone have a recommendation for a stay in or near Dover, England? Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:53 am

deleted

Last edited by Pausanias; Sep 26, 2016 at 5:31 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:18 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by 747FC
Does anyone have a recommendation for a stay in or near Dover, England? Thanks!
Well , my trip to England in October is likely cancelled .
However , was toying with a trip to Kent & would have stayed a couple of days at London Beach Hotel , St Michaels / Tenterden . Not quite this forum but has a decent spa / pool & golf course .
Quaint town with boutiques and some really good pubs / restaurants nearby
Close enough to Dover ?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Well , my trip to England in October is likely cancelled .
However , was toying with a trip to Kent & would have stayed a couple of days at London Beach Hotel , St Michaels / Tenterden . Not quite this forum but has a decent spa / pool & golf course .
Quaint town with boutiques and some really good pubs / restaurants nearby
Close enough to Dover ?
Thank you. I'll look into it. 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.