Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Dec:
Aman Tokyo, Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Four Seasons Kyoto, Amankila, Amanusa
Look forward to your report on FS Kyoto! Am still looking for a good one in Kyoto
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
Four Seasons Scottsdale
Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Sanctuary on Camelback
Hacienda Temozon
Mohegan Sun (I know, it doesn't count, but it is a part of Preferred Hotels)

Esencia - finally crossing it off the list! Hopefully combining with Chable, which won't quite be open in time for this year's trip.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubadu
Why does it matter?

Regards
Curiosity
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:31 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by HKTraveler
Look forward to your report on FS Kyoto! Am still looking for a good one in Kyoto
Have you already tried out RC Kyoto and didn't like it?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
Instead of Hotel de la Cité, I chose Le Prieuré in Avignon. Looking forward not only to the hotel, but dinner!
I can report back that this R&C hotel was surprisingly good. I was upgraded to what they called a junior suite, but what I think I would call a very large full suite with a large terrace over the pool. And the excellent 1-Michelin star restaurant was not a surprise. I knew it would be good going in and I was not disappointed. The history surrounding the priory and of course the Papal Palace in Avignon is very interesting.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Why does it matter?

Regards
Doesn´t matter IMO

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Curiosity
Sometimes curiosity should stay behind privacy. Some people explain how they finance their trips or how they are able to spend such a big amount of time on travel, others don´t. 100% a private decision, I would never ask.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by offerendum
Doesn´t matter IMO

Sometimes curiosity should stay behind privacy. Some people explain how they finance their trips or how they are able to spend such a big amount of time on travel, others don´t. 100% a private decision, I would never ask.
It wasn't a money thing. More a time thing.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Why does it matter?

Regards
One of the things I find the most interesting about the "hobby" of luxury travel is that you meet some very interesting, and sometimes surprisingly like-minded, people.

If someone doesn't want to answer, it's obviously up to them and 100% understandable.

But there is nothing wrong in asking politely and expressing an interest, especially since some of us do enjoy sharing some of their own interests among a selected group like this board.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:58 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
One of the things I find the most interesting about the "hobby" of luxury travel is that you meet some very interesting, and sometimes surprisingly like-minded, people.

If someone doesn't want to answer, it's obviously up to them and 100% understandable.

But there is nothing wrong in asking politely and expressing an interest, especially since some of us do enjoy sharing some of their own interests among a selected group like this board.
^^^
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:57 am

November change of plans:

• The Halkin
  • Ashford Castle
  • Ballyfin
  • The Peninsula, Paris
  • The Connaught
  • Four Seasons Moscow

Last stayed in The Halkin about 4 years ago and rather enjoyed it. Seeing that bhrubin is also a fan of The Halkin and told me I was the most handsome man he's ever met, I have to trust his judgement and give it another go.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Epicura
I am currently at the Datai in a newly refurbished beach villa. Absolutely wonderful!

Checked in yesterday and so far I am very happy. Lovely hard product, really great service with an outstanding butler, nice dining.

I will update in the appropriate thread next week.

Now here's to hoping the sun will eventually come out. It has been raining for over 14h now . I must have done something very, very bad to have insulted the weather gods to this degree.
Spent a week in a beach villa in May, agree with you. Thought the food was great and we made good use of the free mini bar (champagne galore) and the pool.

Would certainly return.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:43 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
November change of plans:

• The Halkin
  • Ashford Castle
  • Ballyfin
  • The Peninsula, Paris
  • The Connaught
  • Four Seasons Moscow

Last stayed in The Halkin about 4 years ago and rather enjoyed it. Seeing that bhrubin is also a fan of The Halkin and told me I was the most handsome man he's ever met, I have to trust his judgement and give it another go.
ROFLMAO. Handsome, yes. Most handsome ever? And we thought Trump was delusional...

But I'll be very curious to hear what you think of the Halkin...and how it compares with your favorite Berkeley. The Halkin room is the lowest category I'd recommend, very spacious. But the 4th floor COMO Suites with terraces are fabulous. The Belgravia Suites are also very nice, though I prefer the 3rd floor ones over the 4th floor.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
ROFLMAO. Handsome, yes. Most handsome ever? And we thought Trump was delusional...

But I'll be very curious to hear what you think of the Halkin...and how it compares with your favorite Berkeley. The Halkin room is the lowest category I'd recommend, very spacious. But the 4th floor COMO Suites with terraces are fabulous. The Belgravia Suites are also very nice, though I prefer the 3rd floor ones over the 4th floor.
I was just trying to Make FlyerTalk Great Again!

We have got a COMO Suite for 3 nights - rather looking forward to it.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I was just trying to Make FlyerTalk Great Again!
Oh well, I actually held hope for a brief moment
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:24 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 9:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.