Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Upcoming:

RC Chicago
River Inn Harbor Town MEM
Westin CLT (2nd visit in as many months)
Eden Roc MIA

An Asia trip is in the works. That will be stronger.

Hi NYBanker,

I clicked on one of your links provided for your blog and got a blank page, while all others are functioning.

Here's the link from your blog:

http://sitinfirst.com/2016/05/eden-r...ic-value-play/

I hope this helps. Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

*****EDIT: I tried a different browser and the review did apprear. Thanks*****

Last edited by uggboy; Jul 8, 2016 at 10:36 am
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:46 pm

Jalakara (September)
Four seasons Tokyo (october)
Peninsula shanghai (Jan)
Chedi club (jan)
Four seasons Hong Kong (Jan)
Jumeirah dhevanafushi (April)
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:39 pm

With great disappointment I have cancelled our trip to Iran in October, as mentioned in a previous posting on this thread. The visa situation just became too complicated, too much hassle - the consulate insist you attend for finger-printing, they only open 3 afternoons a week, they advise you to queue outside two hours before opening, they don't guarantee you will be seen and if you are they charge you £250 each. If you live outside London, as we do, about 125 miles away in fact, this became impractical. And then they tell my wife what to wear in London! And then the Americans say we can't visit their country unless we attend their embassy for a personal interview.

Well, boys, you can shove it!

In September we are going to Glenapp Castle in Scotland.

Last edited by Pausanias; Jul 9, 2016 at 12:54 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pausanias
With great disappointment I have cancelled our trip to Iran in October, as mentioned in a previous posting on this thread. The visa situation just became too complicated, too much hassle - the consulate insist you attend for finger-printing, they only open 3 afternoons a week, they advise you to queue outside two hours before opening, they don't guarantee you will be seen and if you are they charge you £250 each. If you live outside London, as we do, about 125 miles away in fact, this became impractical. And then they tell my wife what to wear in London! And then the Americans say we can't visit their country unless we attend their embassy for a personal interview.

Well said, sir! Glenapp will be a breath of fresh air.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:39 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Well said, sir! Glenapp will be a breath of fresh air.
Originally Posted by Pausanias

^
Planning for 2017 , time to return to Bonnie Scotland after being absent for a decade . Looking forward to hear what your safer adventures will be here instead of .. , please report after .
Have a wonderful stay & visit to the area .
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
^
Planning for 2017 , time to return to Bonnie Scotland after being absent for a decade . Looking forward to hear what your safer adventures will be here instead of .. , please report after .
Have a wonderful stay & visit to the area .
Just came back from a great 2 week trip to Bonnie Scotland. 1 week hiking in the Highlands and 1 week checking out castles and exploring Edinburgh.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:06 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Just came back from a great 2 week trip to Bonnie Scotland. 1 week hiking in the Highlands and 1 week checking out castles and exploring Edinburgh.
Nice , where did you stay ?
Will you be returning to any & any time soon ?

Any must " do / see " ?
Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Nice , where did you stay ?
Will you be returning to any & any time soon ?

Any must " do / see " ?
Thanks
1st week was a hiking tour with Boundless Journeys. Started off in Inverness, I stayed at Culloden House Hotel which is a historically important site (Bonnie Prince Charlie stayed here), and then the tour carried on to Orkney, Skye, and then Glen Affric. Mostly stayed at little inn's which were all nice but nothing luxurious.

2nd week, went to Aberdeen, specifically to visit Dunnottar Castle. Beautiful castle ruins perched high on a hill overlooking the ocean. Absolutely beautiful spot. After Aberdeen, took the train down to Edinburgh for 4 nights and stayed at the Balmoral. Great location, beautiful hotel, walking distance to Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile.

Must Do's: Dunnottar Castle, Old Man of Hoy (Orkney Island), Fairy Pools (Skye), Edinburgh Castle.

Not sure if you're into Outlander at all but there are several nice sites to visit. Clava Cairns in Inverness which has the standing stones. Really amazing place. And outside of Edinburgh, there are a ton of Outlander spots which were great. Doune Castle, Blackness Castle, Stirling Castle, Midhope Castle, Hopetoun House, Culross, Falkland. I booked these as a private tour with Timberbush Tours and did all of it in 2 days.

Would love to go back to Scotland someday. If I did go back, would definitely go up to the Outer Hebrides as I didn't have a chance to explore that area on this trip. But overall, absolutely loved Scotland. Food was delicious and the people were very friendly.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Hong Kong mandarin oriental landmark

Beijing - Waldorf Astoria
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Hong Kong mandarin oriental landmark

Beijing - Waldorf Astoria
Ahh... LMO ^
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Currently in South Africa again and were back in Botswana as well. Will report on everything once back in London or the States! Some great stays!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by scented
Ahh... LMO ^
Recommended? Not stayed there before.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m3red
Recommended? Not stayed there before.
Highly praised in this forum
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Summer

Paris: Hotel Le Bristol
Budapest: Ritz & Four Seasons
Algarve: TBD
Lisbon: TBD
Positano: TBD
Capri: Rented Villa
Rome: TBD
St. Tropez: Rented Villa
Cyprus (Ayia Napa): TBD
Tel Aviv: Ritz
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:59 am

Have enjoyed quite the week of London hospitality - the penthouse at both The Beaumont and The Connaught. Tough times indeed.

Coming up in August:
Park Hyatt, Sydney
Laucala
Langham, Sydney
Wolgan Valley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.