Reload this Page >

Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
10th Anniversary in French Polynesia
Ritz-Carlton Marina del Ray
Intercontinental Tahiti
St. Regis Bora Bora
Four Seasons Bora Bora
The Brando

Amazingly I was able to snag award seats in Business on TN a couple of weeks ago for our exact preferred dates. Can't wait for our second honeymoon!
Old May 25, 2016, 10:25 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
10th Anniversary in French Polynesia
Ritz-Carlton Marina del Ray
Intercontinental Tahiti
St. Regis Bora Bora
Four Seasons Bora Bora
The Brando

Amazingly I was able to snag award seats in Business on TN a couple of weeks ago for our exact preferred dates. Can't wait for our second honeymoon!
Sounds like a fab trip!

I will be very interested in your comparison of the StR and FS in Bora Bora. We had a very nice but not perfect stay at the StR, but we'd return there again in a heartbeat if ever our travels bring us back to FP.

I'll also be interested in how the Brando compares to Bora Bora otherwise. If you scuba dive, in particular, I'd be interested in your experiences.

I desperately hope your transit night at the IC Tahiti goes better than ours did, as well. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...OW_USER_REVIEW
Old May 25, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hotel's reply illustrates >

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
The culture of "feedback" and tripadvisor is becoming so ridiculous it's beyond any words.
seems one of the GMs with mixed reviews here often assumed feedback was dishonestly soliciting compensation, rather than being honest/constructive.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
SLS Beverly Hills
Old May 25, 2016, 1:00 pm

Off on a staycation for the next 10 days, before we head to MO Marrakech

The Connaught
Whatley Manor
Lucknham Park
The Connaught

Next month is our 100th stay at The Connaught. I'm expecting a wing of the hotel named after me, but will settle for a room upgrade.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:02 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Next month is our 100th stay at The Connaught. I'm expecting a wing of the hotel named after me, but will settle for a room upgrade.

ROFLMAO as I'd expect more. And great air con, of course.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Sounds like a fab trip!

I will be very interested in your comparison of the StR and FS in Bora Bora. We had a very nice but not perfect stay at the StR, but we'd return there again in a heartbeat if ever our travels bring us back to FP.

I'll also be interested in how the Brando compares to Bora Bora otherwise. If you scuba dive, in particular, I'd be interested in your experiences.

I desperately hope your transit night at the IC Tahiti goes better than ours did, as well. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...OW_USER_REVIEW
I will definitely report back, although I am way behind. I still have not written up anything on our two weeks in Peru last November - eek.

It is more hotel hopping than my husband will usually agree to, but I felt the opportunity to compare the StR and FS would be worth the grumbling. We are doing two nights at each, so just enough time to get a sense of place, and then "honeymooning" for a week at The Brando.

We don't dive, only snorkel, but if it comes up in conversation with other guests I will try and get some intel. Any particular interests or questions?

Thanks for the heads-up about the IC Tahiti. I will adjust my expectations accordingly. We may try a different hotel in Tahiti for day use prior to departure, but I haven't yet planned that part.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:43 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

surrey for the weekend.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:04 pm
Suspended

I did IC Tahiti for a night in April and thought it was a good hotel. It's the best option for a night in Tahiti before continuing on elsewhere.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

We don't dive, only snorkel, but if it comes up in conversation with other guests I will try and get some intel. Any particular interests or questions?
Not a big concern. We didn't find the diving to be all that impressive, which is irrelevant to any specific property, of course. Less experienced divers may find the diving to be lovely, of course...whereas experienced divers like us did not. It's all relative.

Thanks for the heads-up about the IC Tahiti. I will adjust my expectations accordingly. We may try a different hotel in Tahiti for day use prior to departure, but I haven't yet planned that part.
Glad to help. The IC still is the most convenient hotel to the airport. But I've now heard service and facilities actually may be nicer at the Le Meridien--though that's less convenient (another 15 min drive). Here's hoping you have better luck.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:05 pm
Original Member

Just booked AltaGracia in Costa Rica for eight nights over Christmas. Next May it's Laucala for eight nights.
Old May 28, 2016, 1:57 am

I am not a very active member on this board, although I tend to screen this board regularly and always before deciding where to go. I tend to highly rate your opinions when it comes to luxury properties . Thank you all so much for that!

Here are my upcoming plans for now and I am mainly sharing them just in case somebody or this board in general would be interested in a specific property. if so let me know, and I will update after my stay.

- Lancaster Paris: next week (cf appropriate thread)

- St Regis Mauritius and most probably Maia Seychelles, July. Was in doubt about North Island and Fregate but after the last extensive postings (loved that comparison thread, thank you @MacMyDay ^ ) I tend to stay elsewhere. My main issue is expected disappointment, mainly because I already was in Laucala last year and can not praise it high enough. I obviously will compare and Laucala has set the bar so high, that both properties won't be able to live up to my expectations, already keeping in mind the negative points as pointed out by others. I decided to keep my money and spend it on a few extra nights in Laucala next March .

- Fasano Rio, next September. During my prior Rio stays I was at the Copacabana Palace, time to test the Fasano.

- St Regis Langkawi and the Datai, October. Can not decide so will do both. For KUL most probably the new St Regis.

- Again in Rio for New Years but Fasano seems to be booked out. Will have a chat when I am there in September. Otherwise it will be the Copacabana Palace although a combination with another Brazilian destination is also an option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Ponta dos Ganchos has been on my mind but it's adults only so no option for a family.

- Laucala in March 2017.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Epicura
I am not a very active member on this board, although I tend to screen this board regularly and always before deciding where to go. I tend to highly rate your opinions when it comes to luxury properties . Thank you all so much for that!

Here are my upcoming plans for now and I am mainly sharing them just in case somebody or this board in general would be interested in a specific property. if so let me know, and I will update after my stay.

- Lancaster Paris: next week (cf appropriate thread)

- St Regis Mauritius and most probably Maia Seychelles, July. Was in doubt about North Island and Fregate but after the last extensive postings (loved that comparison thread, thank you @MacMyDay ^ ) I tend to stay elsewhere. My main issue is expected disappointment, mainly because I already was in Laucala last year and can not praise it high enough. I obviously will compare and Laucala has set the bar so high, that both properties won't be able to live up to my expectations, already keeping in mind the negative points as pointed out by others. I decided to keep my money and spend it on a few extra nights in Laucala next March .

- Fasano Rio, next September. During my prior Rio stays I was at the Copacabana Palace, time to test the Fasano.

- St Regis Langkawi and the Datai, October. Can not decide so will do both. For KUL most probably the new St Regis.

- Again in Rio for New Years but Fasano seems to be booked out. Will have a chat when I am there in September. Otherwise it will be the Copacabana Palace although a combination with another Brazilian destination is also an option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Ponta dos Ganchos has been on my mind but it's adults only so no option for a family.

- Laucala in March 2017.
For the datai you must get a beach villa. I've just been and it was amazing.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
Thanks for the nice feedback. I will be in Laucala for a week at the end of August, so I'll do yet another comparison then. You have so much to look forward to now.

In terms of North, I booked this with David O's company and was talking to Jessica O a few days ago about the trip, which was making me angry about it all, but mostly at myself for just not having complained more whilst there, rather than waiting to the end. Every time I gave any feedback along the way, it was almost immediately implemented. It's a month since we left, and I'm still of the view that I would not go back to Fregate, but I think I'd consider North - only on the condition that they made up for the service lapses (ahem, discount) that took place last time and fixed those horrible bathrooms.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by m3red
For the datai you must get a beach villa. I've just been and it was amazing.
Which is the best with an 8 year old? Datai, StR or FS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.