Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CGRA
MO KL really ? Anything change there lately ?
Good service but with an old and tired holiday inn room product.
Actually it's been years since I was last there, but I never thought too poorly of this hotel. Note that I was always in a huge suite with awesome views and club access. I really liked the club there because it was very large, had a nice pool table, and the food was amazing although I love most all the food I find in KL. You never feel cramped at this hotel.

I probably would not recommend an entry level room at the MO KL, but if you can get yourself an exec suite and club, you should not be disappointed. Especially if they have done a renovation.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:23 pm
Original Member

Humdrum-ish but great for us (Jim has dementia): Santa Fe Opera in July. A week at Four Seasons Punta Mita in September.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by KatW
Humdrum-ish but great for us (Jim has dementia): Santa Fe Opera in July. A week at Four Seasons Punta Mita in September.
Hah. I know about that (my wife has Alzheimer's disease). Hasn't stopped us from traveling, but we have had to adapt and change where and how we travel.

We used to visit Punta Mita, Cruz de Guanacaxtle and all those places when they were completely wild, or near sleepy villages. Might be time to think of returning, but to a resort like Four Seasons (though it's hard for me to imagine how much change has occurred since we camped, dived from a fishing boat using our portable hookah rig at Jaltemba Bay and free dived for pearls - none of them significant finds, but a lot of fun and pride diving one's own pearls and snacking on fresh oysters).

Have you guys made any airline or travel adaptations? We could PM or discuss on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/disab...-dementia.html, since this is Luxury Hotels.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Actually it's been years since I was last there, but I never thought too poorly of this hotel. Note that I was always in a huge suite with awesome views and club access. I really liked the club there because it was very large, had a nice pool table, and the food was amazing although I love most all the food I find in KL. You never feel cramped at this hotel.

I probably would not recommend an entry level room at the MO KL, but if you can get yourself an exec suite and club, you should not be disappointed. Especially if they have done a renovation.
Don't believe they have performed a renovation
I like the club for the view of the towers
IIRC they accept outside hotel guests for lunch at their club
Old May 18, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
The Peninsula Beverly Hills next weekend for our minimoon. Will be our first time at this property.

Will tick off The Peninsula Chicago in late July. That will leave only Paris and Manila for me to complete the whole group.

But Bangkok is still my favorite. Followed by Tokyo.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Thinking about adding Amantaka onto my Amanoi trip in early July. Well aware of Amantaka summer weather, but a little rain never got me down - e.g., I love Bali in January.

That said, the only way flights work without requiring a nasty overnight-er is doing Amanoi first, and then Amantaka. Was thinking 4 days, and then 3.

Normally I'd do the "beach" trip last, after seeing the more cultural sights, but is it worth doing it this way b/c of flight dynamics?

Alternative is BKK (Siam) for 3 nights + Amanoi for 4 nights, which is what I have booked now.

Short trip no matter what - and we're aiming to extend by a day or two regardless, but we won't know if possible until 1-2 days before the trip (work schedule), so working with what we've got. If we can get 1-2 more days, will probably add 1 day at Amanoi first, then another at Amantaka if possible.

Thanks for any feedback - have been battling myself over this one vacation way too much as it is a very, very significant one in terms of timing for our personal lives.

Last edited by callmedtop; May 19, 2016 at 12:46 am Reason: Removed promotion rates - Aman SIN quoted me wrong rates and it actually is not very lucrative at all...
Old May 19, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
The Peninsula Beverly Hills next weekend for our minimoon. Will be our first time at this property.

Will tick off The Peninsula Chicago in late July. That will leave only Paris and Manila for me to complete the whole group.

Also a Pen enthusiast, but don't bother going to the Paris property, it's a big disappointment.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:48 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Thinking about adding Amantaka onto my Amanoi trip, not in small part due to the nice promotion they're offering (Indochina Past & Present), which includes half-board + a large number of activities at both properties for not much more than normal rates.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amantak...a-past-present

Rates are (based on Singapore reservations office):
Amanoi (Mountain Pavilion) - $1,014 vs. $816 SDR
Amantaka (Base Suite) - $858 vs. $912 SDR
Amansara (Base Suite) - $1,456 vs. $1,555 SDR

Well aware of Amantaka weather in July, but a little rain never got me down - e.g., I love Bali in January.

That said, the only way flights work without requiring a nasty overnight-er is doing Amanoi first, and then Amantaka. Was thinking 4 days, and then 3.

Normally I'd do the "beach" trip last, after seeing the more cultural sights, but is it worth doing it this way b/c of flight dynamics?

Alternative is BKK (Siam) for 3 nights + Amanoi for 4 nights, which is what I have booked now.

Short trip no matter what - and we're aiming to extend by a day or two regardless, but we won't know if possible until 1-2 days before the trip (work schedule), so working with what we've got. If we can get 1-2 more days, will probably add 1 day at Amanoi first, then another at Amantaka if possible.

Thanks for any feedback - have been battling myself over this one vacation way too much as it is a very, very significant one in terms of timing for our personal lives.
N'oi then Taka will work , as will your 4 / 3 days combination . If you can tolerate the heat & humidity , you ' ll will be able to " explore " & do lots .
Am excited for you from cool Seattle , enroute to Willows Inn , Lummi Island for the meals
Old May 19, 2016, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
N'oi then Taka will work , as will your 4 / 3 days combination . If you can tolerate the heat & humidity , you ' ll will be able to " explore " & do lots .
Am excited for you from cool Seattle , enroute to Willows Inn , Lummi Island for the meals
Thanks per usual FlyerEC. I know what to expect re: humidity / mugginess for Laos, but am hoping for more dry weather in Amanoi based on your and other comments. Heat, yes, but hopefully no crazy humidity.

I can't imagine Taka being any possibly worse than BKK in terms of mugginess, regardless.

Look forward to hear about Willows Inn - have heard good things from friends.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Thanks per usual FlyerEC. I know what to expect re: humidity / mugginess for Laos, but am hoping for more dry weather in Amanoi based on your and other comments. Heat, yes, but hopefully no crazy humidity.

I can't imagine Taka being any possibly worse than BKK in terms of mugginess, regardless.

Look forward to hear about Willows Inn - have heard good things from friends.
You ' ll be do just fine at these Amans

So pleased to have returned to Willows Inn for meals . Blaine W & team continue to soar in their culinary exploration . Had to stay off site as Willows Inn has limited on site accommodation ( even with a couple of additional options ) & fill quickly when the reservations for the season open .
Brilliant weather / sunsets too !

Onto MONY & The Mark , NYC after Memorial Day ..
Old May 23, 2016, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover

Enjoy. The only con is their 5 stars restaurant which doesn't deserve them (but still good) and their small spa /pool.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Four Seasons Amman
Movenpick Petra

next week
Old May 23, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Four Seasons Amman
Movenpick Petra

next week
Enjoy Petra, loved it.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Spoiler alert - booked Noi and Taka for four nights each.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:14 pm

Spoiler alert - booked Noi and Taka for four nights each.
Cool.I booked Amantaka in January 2017. They gave a nice upgrade. Excited to check out Luang Prabang!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.