Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:52 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Inside joke amongst the palace hotels in Paris:

Le Bristol = Hotel George VI
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Few plans for 2013, particularly as I'm thinking of doing the Trans-Siberian railway before I get physically too old to handle hard-ship any more.

Been in a lovely villa in Bonaire for the last week, but no real luxury hotels on the island. After a few days at home in London (enjoying the hotel bars at the Connaught, Dukes, the Langham and the Savoy no doubt) I'll finally go to Conrad Rangali Island in the Maldives.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luxury
Inside joke amongst the palace hotels in Paris:

Le Bristol = Hotel George VI
Hmm. I think that joke was created by Didier Le Calvez at le Bristol. It is certainly not on the radar of the other Palace hotels!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
At the Siam in Bangkok now. More on it later.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:52 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Just booked Lake Placid Lodge for the end of January. Expect a winter wonderland trip report....skiing Whiteface, snowshoeing with Daisy.

Why oh why does Twin Farms not take dogs? Lake Placid Lodge offered (out of nowhere) to waive the pet fee because Daisy was so good on her last visit. She is officially a returning guest.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Ericka
Lake Placid Lodge offered (out of nowhere) to waive the pet fee because Daisy was so good on her last visit.
Great. My dog would pay at least a doubled fee
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:38 pm

We adore expedition cruise ships. In December we sail from Auckland to Norfolk Island, Isle of Pines, Vanuatu, Solomons, Papua New Guinea, West Papua, Banda Islands to Bali. Then a week in Langkawi.

This trip is followed by another expedition cruise, starting in Easter Island and going to Fiji via Pitcairn Islands, Tuamotus, Marquesas, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Cook Islands, Niue and Tonga.

We can't get enough of the South Pacific though we hope to grab a couple of short trips to Rome and Cape Town.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by claireflyer
Hi everyone, would like to join but I really got no idea as to where to go. any suggestions?
A lot! Ýou should be a little more specific
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: United, Us Airways
Park Hyatt Vendome - Blaise Mautin Products

Anyone going to the PH Vendome anytime soon? I'm obsessed with their Blaise Mautin products, and would love to get ahold of some (i.e. Candle, soap, lotion, hair products) if anyone is going and would be willing to get some, I would pay you for your efforts...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:31 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyefly
Anyone going to the PH Vendome anytime soon? I'm obsessed with their Blaise Mautin products, and would love to get ahold of some (i.e. Candle, soap, lotion, hair products) if anyone is going and would be willing to get some, I would pay you for your efforts...
Why not contact the hotel directly and ask if you could buy some? As I recall, the scent was formulated to be unique to the hotel, so they aren't available anywhere else.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:09 pm

soap/shower gel

Never heard of Pascal Morabito designer brand toiletries until reading about a cruiseline will be offerring this line. --Has anyone come across the Morabito items in hotels?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:37 am

The Palace Downtown Dubai
Fairmont Beijing
Marina Bay Sands
Capella Singapore
Conrad Bali
Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta (lol wish I could afford Amanjiwo).
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 8dimsum
Never heard of Pascal Morabito designer brand toiletries until reading about a cruiseline will be offerring this line. --Has anyone come across the Morabito items in hotels?
French designer - http://pascalmorabito.com/ - personally loathe his toiletry products as the fragrance is so overpowering it brings on an asthma attack (even if you don't have asthma).
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
I have a two-night stay at the St. Regis in Atlanta coming up and a trip to Vegas planned for May. We're staying at the Aria Sky Suites out there. Looking forward to both.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve - Puerto Rico
Hermitage Bay - Antigua
Jumby Bay - Antigua

Just returned from a lovely stay at the Lowell Hotel in NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.