Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LM225
Very jealous. One of the most memorable stays we've ever had, and itching to go back. Highly recommend the in-room shiatsu massages. Enjoy!

Coming up over the next few months, happy to take any tips anyone might have:

March
Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach

April/May
Fairmont Singapore (probably doesn't pass muster on this forum, but hopefully a terrific use of a suite upgrade cert nonetheless)
GHM Chedi Club Tanah Gajah
Amankila (our first Aman!)

July
Westin Dublin
Aghadoe Heights Hotel, Killarney
The Cliff House, Ardmore
Mount Juliet, Co Kilkenny
The K Club, Co Kildare
Is this the former "Raffles the Plaza" hotel? Though I haven't been in a little while, as long as you were in the "new" tower, the rooms were really quite nice. I made that my default property in Singapore for a few years because of the combination of quality rooms and location. Not bad views, either.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:06 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Is this the former "Raffles the Plaza" hotel? Though I haven't been in a little while, as long as you were in the "new" tower, the rooms were really quite nice. I made that my default property in Singapore for a few years because of the combination of quality rooms and location. Not bad views, either.
Indeed, that's the one. Glad to hear! Will request the new tower, thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Originally Posted by LM225
Indeed, that's the one. Glad to hear! Will request the new tower, thanks.
Originally the Westin Plaza

LM225
Glad that you ' re finally making it to an Aman & what an introduction to a classic one - Amankila
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Originally the Westin Plaza

LM225
Glad that you ' re finally making it to an Aman & what an introduction to a classic one - Amankila
Thank you! Very excited.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hannisen
Going to stay 4 nights at the FS Florence in February. Really looking forward to it.
I guess the dates we chose we're the worst possible. First I was informed Il Palagio would be closed, and just yesterday I get an e-mail telling me our spa appointments will be relocated to guest rooms.

Still looking forward to it a lot, but timing wise, it could have been better.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hannisen
I guess the dates we chose we're the worst possible. First I was informed Il Palagio would be closed, and just yesterday I get an e-mail telling me our spa appointments will be relocated to guest rooms.

Still looking forward to it a lot, but timing wise, it could have been better.
Il Palagio is not such a drama. It´s a one star, not less but not more. It´s nice for a dinner but if you are used to high-end restaurants it`s nothing special. If I would go back at would like to eat a Pizzaiuolo and Touch. Both are still in my mind/ mouth. SPA is a bigger issue, hope the Jaccuzzi is still open.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Amangiri in March with two days in Vegas at TBA. Probably just somewhere a little more budget friendly....

FDW
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:45 pm

Denver and Breckenridge for a week, largely for a ski trip. Anyone else going to be in the area and want to meet up; or have any advice regarding things to eat or do (besides ski) in either area?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Paris and KUL in February

Le Bristol
Plaza Athenee
Hotel Majestic KL
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
One of my reporters is heading to the New Johannesburg Four Seasons next week, Im excited to see the photos, Ive just been to FS Canary Wharf- super but not as good as their London one!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:20 pm

We just booked our Summer vacation

For 2015 we had already planned:
- Aman Canal Grande (March)
- Peninsula Manilla & Amanpulo (March/April)

And now added for next August:
- Swisshotel the Stamford (probably very average but location is perfect to watch the celebrations of the 50th birthday of Singapore)
- Amankila
- Amanjiwo

I hope Amanjiwo will live up to my expectations. It shall be the highlight of our trip
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric

I hope Amanjiwo will live up to my expectations. It shall be the highlight of our trip
After reading this forum for years, I stayed at Amanjiwo in July of 2013 as my first Aman, and it certainly lived up to my expectations of finally staying at an Aman.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:07 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Our stay at Amanjiwo in 2009 (along with our 2010 stays at Singita Boulders and La Residence) is our favorite hotel stay ever. I certainly think you will love Amanjiwo (and Borobodur, and to a lesser extent Prambadan), but it will be interesting to see if you agree.

We stayed only 3 nights at Amanjiwo; my biggest regret is that we didn't stay a night or two longer. We stayed 4 nights at Amankila, and we felt that was about right for us (but we also had 5 nights at Amanwana, which turned into 4 nights + 1 night at Amanusa). Our second biggest regret from that trip was that we didn't stay at Amandari--we had lunch there and loved it, too. FWIW.

For any future Indonesia trip, we know we'd return to Amanjiwo for 4-5 nights and stay at Amandari for 3-4 nights as schedule allowed. (This likely will happen if we manage an Amanikan cruise in the future.)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I would also say, that for Amanjiwo, IMHO you want to make sure you get a room in the first row and to the right (when looking from the lobby towards the field) as these offrer much more privacy. If you get a room near the pool, there will be people walking by
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
After reading this forum for years, I stayed at Amanjiwo in July of 2013 as my first Aman, and it certainly lived up to my expectations of finally staying at an Aman.
We were there just after you in Aug ' 13 when Mark S was still there , now in Nusa & taking care of all Indon Amans .

For 2015 we had already planned:
- Aman Canal Grande (March)
- Peninsula Manilla & Amanpulo (March/April)

And now added for next August:
- Swisshotel the Stamford (probably very average but location is perfect to watch the celebrations of the 50th birthday of Singapore)
- Amankila
- Amanjiwo

You should like it , as an inland Aman while you ' ll likely love Pulo as best beach / island Amans along with Kila .
Tapa & Jane T , are refreshing relatively new Aman husband / wife team at Pulo .
Claudia S is at Kila .
Ian W , Jiwo , is another Aman GM you ' ll be pleased to have met .

Assume you ' ve communicated with Olivia R at ACG by now , along with the other GMs ?
Looking forward to your TRs , ACG .

Don ' t expect much for Pen MNL , you may want to switch to Raffles or even SLA , Club floor .
Brilliant choice for SIN then ( be sure to ask for room facing the ' Padang ' ) , as will have spectacular views of proceedings

Posting this from KUL
Planning on Bali Amans again , likely for August too when it ' s cooler .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 28, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.