FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are you going next?
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Musken
Yeah. Amanpulo. The flight is forgotten once you are there. A week holiday there, feels like two weeks since it is just soooo relaxing. I have never seen my husband more relaxed. Just go. Or tell me if you need pictures or something to convince Pierre.
Originally Posted by ridefar
I would second this. And I dont find the flight to be bad at all. Our route is to fly to HKG--which I find relatively easy to deal with from YVR with the aid of a sleeping pill and a generous pour of scotch. Overnight in HKG, couple great choices are easy to reach right from the high speed express train. Check your bag the night before for your Cathay flight HKG to MNL the next day. Stay 1 night to get rid of jet lag, or stay longer if you like HK. Personally, I love HK so that works out great. Then you can get to Amanpulo by 2:30 pm from HKG. Easy. On the way back it is usually possible to line flights up so you do Amanpulo-MNL-HKG-wherever in North America or Europe overnight and you are home. Anyway, I would rather fly for 18 hours to get to Amanpulo than fly 6 hours to Hawaii and stay anywhere there at any price, or 10 hours to anywhere in the Caribbean and stay there at any place at any price.
Originally Posted by lb8001

And totally agree with the comments about getting to Amanpulo - although getting there from SEA is really not a big deal.
^
Amanpulo
So another Husky agrees
Or even Amanpulo - MNL - SIN -