Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Rebooking options when F is no longer available on the route?

A bit of a strange question. I had a First class booking MAN-FRA-DEL-ZRH-MAN for November this year, out with LH and back on LX. Lufthansa/Swiss have cancelled the booking and as per the COVID rules, I can rebook free of charge to a different date till end of December 2021, if I keep the same route. I am planning to potentially rebook for October 2021 but was told that I need to ring in November 2020 to rebook based on when the flights are released.
However it looks like LH have changed the aircraft on the FRA-DEL route from the 748i with F to an A343 with no F. If that is the case, what are my options without paying extra to stay in F and not downgrade to J?
I think the options are
1. The put me on LX which seems to still be flying to DEL via ZRH (is this considered a re-route or not since the final destination is the same?)
2. They let me change my destination for free from FRA to somewhere like BKK which still seems to have F?

I am suspecting that it is more likely option 1 but was interested in people's thoughts before I contact LH again for re-ticketing.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:54 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Dselvan
A bit of a strange question. I had a First class booking MAN-FRA-DEL-ZRH-MAN for November this year, out with LH and back on LX. Lufthansa/Swiss have cancelled the booking and as per the COVID rules, I can rebook free of charge to a different date till end of December 2021, if I keep the same route. I am planning to potentially rebook for October 2021 but was told that I need to ring in November 2020 to rebook based on when the flights are released.
However it looks like LH have changed the aircraft on the FRA-DEL route from the 748i with F to an A343 with no F. If that is the case, what are my options without paying extra to stay in F and not downgrade to J?
I think the options are
1. The put me on LX which seems to still be flying to DEL via ZRH (is this considered a re-route or not since the final destination is the same?)
2. They let me change my destination for free from FRA to somewhere like BKK which still seems to have F?

I am suspecting that it is more likely option 1 but was interested in people's thoughts before I contact LH again for re-ticketing.
1. It's possible to change the routing as long as destination and departure airport stay the same.
2. You can try but without paying a potential fare difference this won't be possible.

Did LH change their equipment only for this winter or also for next summer to DEL already? Chances are LH will actually offer F to DEL next October if and when things get better Covid wise.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
1. It's possible to change the routing as long as destination and departure airport stay the same.
2. You can try but without paying a potential fare difference this won't be possible.

Did LH change their equipment only for this winter or also for next summer to DEL already? Chances are LH will actually offer F to DEL next October if and when things get better Covid wise.
Thank you Nick Art. The timetable was for winter and I do not think that the summer timetable is out, although I am not as clued up about this!
I was hoping that they will reintroduce F on that route next year but was not sure if that will appear by the time I book in a couple of months? I want to keep the original routing so that I get to experience F on both LH and LX and hopefully FCT at FRA (if it ever opens again).
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dselvan
so that I get to experience F on both LH and LX and hopefully FCT at FRA (if it ever opens again).
Patience you must have, my young apprentice.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Patience you must have, my young apprentice.
I need a lot of that currently Obi-Wan and am getting good at it
Old Sep 23, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are two sets of waivers, see the flow chart here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_147655.pdf
Is there any update for this one? Ticketed after 31 August 2020.

On the Lufthansa website at https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/exte...ooking-options

If your flight has been cancelled, you have the following choices:
  1. You can rebook free of charge to an alternative flight to the same destination and within the same travel class.
  2. You can change your destination* and your travel class. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. Please note that, in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class.
I booked AMS-FRA-BKK-FRA-AMS for this December 2020 and I am quite sure (80%) that there will not be any passenger flight from FRA-BKK in this year. So, if this flight is cancelled, I can rebook it to until 31 DEC 2021 without any charge?

Thank you very much.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 10:41 am

Hello everyone. I hate being one of those new joiners whose first post is asking for advice/complaining, but here goes. Please forgive me.

To cut a long story short, I am stuck Bolivia as Lufthansa are not honouring their duty of care, as far as I can see.

My initial flights VVI-BOG-FRA-MAN, scheduled for June 17 were cancelled. The VVI-BOG leg was via Copa, the rest being with Lufthansa. The initial ticketing was all done through Lufthansa.

Each time I talk to the service centre I get a different series of responses.

When borders reopened (1/9/20) they ticketed me via Sao Paolo, flying the first leg on an airline they don't have an interline agreement with (Amaszonas). This first leg kept being deticketed, and they kept trying again.

The upshot of my latest conversation with them, resulted in them offering three options.
  • Pay £3000 for the reticketing of my Lufthansa flight from Sao Paulo; I would have to make my own way to Sao Paulo. (they had originally offered this with no rebooking fee, before reneging when I came to book)
  • Take a partial refund (which removes their duty of care)
  • Wait until Copa starts operating internationally again and fly via my initial routing (this could be October; but there is no real indication as to when)
I have refused to accept the first two options, and my ticket is currently on hold.

As far as I can see they are in direct contravention of EU Reg 261/2004

I am currently overstaying my visa, as the Bolivian borders opened on 1/9/20 for the purposes of air travel. This is incurring me a $3 per day penalty.

The Lufthansa office in La Paz, Bolivia are refusing to return my calls.

Quite frankly, I am desperate. I have to go home. Any advice or guidance that anyone can give would be gratefully received.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by vinosity
Hello everyone. I hate being one of those new joiners whose first post is asking for advice/complaining, but here goes. Please forgive me.

To cut a long story short, I am stuck Bolivia as Lufthansa are not honouring their duty of care, as far as I can see.

My initial flights VVI-BOG-FRA-MAN, scheduled for June 17 were cancelled. The VVI-BOG leg was via Copa, the rest being with Lufthansa. The initial ticketing was all done through Lufthansa.

When borders reopened (1/9/20) they ticketed me via Sao Paolo, flying the first leg on an airline they don't have an interline agreement with (Amaszonas). This first leg kept being deticketed, and they kept trying again.

The upshot of my latest conversation with them, resulted in them offering three options.
  • Pay £3000 for the reticketing of my Lufthansa flight from Sao Paulo; I would have to make my own way to Sao Paulo. (they had originally offered this with no rebooking fee, before reneging when I came to book)
  • Wait until Copa starts operating internationally again and fly via my initial routing (this could be October; but there is no real indication as to when)
I have refused to accept the first two options, and my ticket is currently on hold.

I am currently overstaying my visa, as the Bolivian borders opened on 1/9/20 for the purposes of air travel. This is incurring me a $3 per day penalty.

Quite frankly, I am desperate. I have to go home. Any advice or guidance that anyone can give would be gratefully received.
Wow this sounds truly horrible. Sorry I don't have any useful suggestions. Just wanted to express my sympathies and send you good luck!
vinosity likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by thanaset
Is there any update for this one? Ticketed after 31 August 2020.

On the Lufthansa website at https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/exte...ooking-options

I booked AMS-FRA-BKK-FRA-AMS for this December 2020 and I am quite sure (80%) that there will not be any passenger flight from FRA-BKK in this year. So, if this flight is cancelled, I can rebook it to until 31 DEC 2021 without any charge?

Thank you very much.
I'm booked OSL-FRA-BKK-FRA-OSL in early Jan and fear the same. In my case, this was a rebooking of flights originally scheduled for September on LX that were cancelled / severely changed. I'm curious to know what my options will be if LH cancels my January flights, or if they don't but travel becomes impossible due to border restrictions.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by capedreamer
..., or if they don't but travel becomes impossible due to border restrictions.
By the letters of the rules, that's your and not the airline's problem. In the frame of Covid-19 airlines might not follow up the rule strictly, but.....
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Welcome to FT !

Terrible situation, Lufthansa need to work with you to get you home & you should not have to pay an up fare for that.
Given the complexity I suggest you escalate this to the LH lurkers in their thread at the top of this forum & ask for their assistance to get you back, good luck & let us know how it goes ?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: LH SEN
Pay £3000 for the reticketing of my Lufthansa flight from Sao Paulo; I would have to make my own way to Sao Paulo. (they had originally offered this with no rebooking fee, before reneging when I came to book)
That seems like the option most likely to get you home. I would keep calling until you get an agent and/or supervisor that will honour the free itinerary change or at a minimum not re-fare even if they stick you with a rebooking fee.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chris63
LH lurkers in their thread
This one Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by supine
That seems like the option most likely to get you home. I would keep calling until you get an agent and/or supervisor that will honour the free itinerary change or at a minimum not re-fare even if they stick you with a rebooking fee.
Of course it does. It is also one of the options that abdicates Lufthansa of any legal responsibility. Under reg 261 they cannot do this. And I am not letting them get away with it.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:53 am

Thank you Chris63 and supine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.