Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
When you call, make sure to call the dedicated LH First Class hotline, they have much greater power to make changes
Oh, I was not aware that they had such a line. I will look into it.
First time booking in First with LH, so all new to me. Thanks for the heads up.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Oh, I was not aware that they had such a line. I will look into it.
First time booking in First with LH, so all new to me. Thanks for the heads up.
Welcome, do also bear in mind that LH has drastically cut it’s F capability with the retirement of A380 & A346, the remaining B748 will be spread thinly over suitable F routes going forward
Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Welcome, do also bear in mind that LH has drastically cut it’s F capability with the retirement of A380 & A346, the remaining B748 will be spread thinly over suitable F routes going forward
Hi yes,
I was aware of the lack of F with COVID retirements. We were initially on the A380 which was then changed to 747-8i and then now cancelled. The only Indian route supposedly is the 747-8i service to BLR ( So the only F route) in 2021 although the Delhi route is showing 744 which has no F, which I would have thought will not be brought back yet. Only time will tell.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
FIRST ROUTE not available anymore on cancelled flight- Options??
Hi
My First class flight to DEL from FRA has been cancelled for November 2020 and according to LH, I can rebook up to December 2021 free of charge as per their COVID rules.
However FRA-DEL First class has been pulled. Based on this, can I ask for a change of destination in India since BLR is still supposedly got the 747-8i later in 2021 without paying fare difference since the class of booking is not available anymore?
My feeling is LH would say NO. I think they will want to reroute on LX but I am not mentioning that to them!!
Has anyone tried to change destination due to First not being available anymore?
PS- I asked a similar question previously but wanted to know if I change destination in the same destination country- hope that makes sense.
LH canot move your final destination to BLR, but they can route you FRA-BLR-DEL with the last leg operated by AI or UK. I had a similar situation earlier this month (flight to BOM cancelled) and they offered to do FRA-DEL-BOM or FRA-BLR-BOM without hesitation. I asked to terminate in BLR and met with a resounding NO, since BLR-BOM is >249 miles.

The 250 mile rule is for within the same country by the way. FRA and AMS are in different countries. Such conuntry restriction may be waived on a short notice change (<72-24h) but not on a long term schedule change.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 250 mile rule is for within the same country by the way. FRA and AMS are in different countries. Such conuntry restriction may be waived on a short notice change (<72-24h) but not on a long term schedule change.
Apparently the LH call center agents I spoke to were prepared to change origin to another country as long as < 200 miles. This was for rebooking of cancelled LH flights; not IRROPS. I didn't inquire but assume that changing origin from AMS to BRU would be allowed, but until someone actually confirms having successfully relied on this "within 200 miles" rule some caution is advisable.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:41 am

LH canot move your final destination to BLR, but they can route you FRA-BLR-DEL with the last leg operated by AI or UK. I had a similar situation earlier this month (flight to BOM cancelled) and they offered to do FRA-DEL-BOM or FRA-BLR-BOM without hesitation. I asked to terminate in BLR and met with a resounding NO, since BLR-BOM is >249 miles.

Hi
That is good to know since I would be happy to take that option of FRA-BLR-DEL. Ultimately I need to be in Delhi anyway, so if they offer it, I will take it. I will see what they say.
Was your routing change due to a downgrade or a full cancellation? My only issue was, there is still (possibly) a FRA-DEL but with no F and for the money I paid, I do not want to downgrade to J.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:14 pm

I have a question I also asked several months ago, but it looks like the answer would be different now:
We have a round-trip Denmark-USA outbound on April 22, 2021 and inbound May 1, 2021, booked on May 6, 2021 (so under the pre-May 15 terms), all flights on LH metal and on 220 stock. These flights are in connection with a cruise, which we're considering moving to April 2022.
Until recently (?) we could get a voucher in place of our flights, where the flights had to be completed on December 31, 2021. However, when I was quickly reading through the voucher terms this evening, it now looks like we could get a voucher which has to be redeemed before December 31, 2021, but the flights can be completed until December 26, 2022 (https://www.lufthansa.com/dk/en/flightvoucher ):
-You can convert any Lufthansa ticket issued up to and including 15 May 2020 with a travel date up to and including 30 April 2021. Additionally, the departure location on your ticket has to be in the EU1, Switzerland, UK or the USA.
-Flight Value Vouchers are valid up to and including 31 December 2021 for travel until 26 December 2022.
I may have confused the terms/options with the "extended rebooking options", which currently state (https://www.lufthansa.com/dk/en/exte...ooking-options ):
I have a booking (booked until 15 May) and I would like to postpone my travel plans
Your flight is not cancelled:

-You can rebook your flight without rebooking fee, regardless of the terms and conditions of the originally purchased ticket. An additional payment due to fare difference may apply. Start of travel must be latest by 31 December 2021 and the rebooking has to be done before the original start of travel.
-You can also change your destination* and your travel class. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. Please note that, in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.
Living in Denmark/EU, it appears I can instead use the, IMO, more favorable voucher program.Is this really true, or am I misunderstanding something? I know that our inbound flight is 1 day after the (currently) eligible flight period, but I was hoping for a goodwill acceptance of this flight as well, in order to turn the flights into vouchers to use for flights in April 2022. Have these dates been valid for longer time, and I am confusing the December 31, 2021 cut-off date with the 50€ discount voucher, or are these terms newly edited, to allow flights for the full 2022 calendar year (minus 5 days), but redemption within 2021?
Also, what are the chances that our May 1 inbound will be goodwill/courtesy accepted for a voucher exchange - or that the program would at some point get further extended, to include flights after April 30, 2021?

I greatly appreciate any answer that can assure me of my situation and options.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hi
That is good to know since I would be happy to take that option of FRA-BLR-DEL. Ultimately I need to be in Delhi anyway, so if they offer it, I will take it. I will see what they say.
Was your routing change due to a downgrade or a full cancellation? My only issue was, there is still (possibly) a FRA-DEL but with no F and for the money I paid, I do not want to downgrade to J.
Full cancellation in my case. But in your case you should be able to move to the only F service left to India, (if they resume service under the current controversy).
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:40 am

Full cancellation in my case. But in your case you should be able to move to the only F service left to India, (if they resume service under the current controversy).
Thanks Oliver2002. I will be ringing them in about 3 weeks to rebook. Lets see what happens. Will update.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by mikkelhk
I greatly appreciate any answer that can assure me of my situation and options.
So, to answer my own question, I called Lufthansa this afternoon on their Danish number.
I asked what my possibilities were, and that I was looking at moving the bookings one year forward.
At first, I was told that new flights booked with a voucher had to be completed by December 31, 2021, which are the "old" rules, as far as I am aware. I kindly referred the CS agent to the "Lufthansa Flight Value Voucher" website, which clearly states that the voucher has to be redeemed by December 31, 2021, but is valid for flights until December 26, 2022. She then said that this was correct.
So far so good.
However, when I asked if our inbound flight on May 1, 2021 would qualify, although the current cut-off date for eligible flights is April 30, 2021, she said that this would not be a problem, since it was the ticket issuance date that was relevant in reagards to the vouchers, and since the tickets were issued on May 6, 2020, the inbound flights would be eligible too.
What?? The website states nothing about ticket issuing dates, solely dates of flight, which, as I read it, are still cut-off on April 30, 2021.

She said that I could only apply for this voucher online, and I could only book the new tickets online as well, not by phone or in the smartphone app. No problem by me, but I'm still a bit worried that our inbound flights may be denied eligible for a voucher, since they are one day after the current eligibility period. And worst-case, I would end up with "half" a booking; the outbound having been turned into a voucher and then an open/confirmed inbound flight which would be of no use to us.
Any thoughts? "Give it a go and see what happens", or something else?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you want to rebook April/May 2021 flights now? There is plenty of time for the LH waiver/rebooking policy to be extended - and for any schedule changes or cancellation to materialise, which will put you in a different/better position. I would wait until much closer to departure.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why do you want to rebook April/May 2021 flights now? There is plenty of time for the LH waiver/rebooking policy to be extended - and for any schedule changes or cancellation to materialise, which will put you in a different/better position. I would wait until much closer to departure.
Good question, I wasn't clear about that part in my earlier post #1012 . We're flying to/from a cruise, and we're strongly considering moving this cruise one year out, due to the current situation in USA and especially Florida. This can currently be done at no cost, but the cruise line only offers this program until currently November 30. Just like Lufthansa, the cruise line may very well extend their "lift and shift" program further, but currently our "deadline" for both the cruise rebooking and getting the flight vouchers is November 30, in order to be eligible for the cruise shift. I suppose perhaps we will know more about LH's (early) Summer 2021 program by then?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:30 pm

Not sure where to ask this but if I booked an international F ticket with miles, can I move it to a week earlier or something if there are flights available? What are the requirements or is there a big fee? Not sure if they're more flexible with these weird times and all....
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need to contact the issuer of the ticket for rebooking; F/O class needs to be available. LH can't help/rebook you.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You need to contact the issuer of the ticket for rebooking; F/O class needs to be available. LH can't help/rebook you.
It was with LH that it was booked
not an emergency, will probably leave it as is though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.